Sanchez Shoulder Update

Ken Schroy

rubbed sh*t on his face......classic

he screwed up no doubt... but I dont think it is reason to crusify him

Rex said he put Sanchez in because there's an ongoing competition.  

But if Sanchez screws up - and he did screw up - and gets awarded the job anyway, then why is he in there? Clearly Sanchez could not lose the job, so it makes no sense for him to be in there.

My opinion is he wanted to put Sanchez in there against the 3's so he would look great and it would put an emphatic BOOM to end the competition.

The only other POSSIBLE explanation is that Sanchez won the job (or more correctly, Geno had already lost the job), but Rex wanted to get Sanchez at least a few reps before his starter sat out preseason game 4.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if Sanchez screws up - and he did screw up - and gets awarded the job anyway, then why is he in there? Clearly Sanchez could not lose the job, so it makes no sense for him to be in there.

My opinion is he wanted to put Sanchez in there against the 3's so he would look great and it would put an emphatic BOOM to end the competition.

The only other POSSIBLE explanation is that Sanchez won the job (or more correctly, Geno had already lost the job), but Rex wanted to get Sanchez at least a few reps before his starter sat out preseason game 4.

There aren't many live practices.  Both these guys kinda suck and need reps.  If they both keep trying to throw the job back, why not make them keep playing?

i think its more of the reps part. I doubt rex even thought for a moment sanchez would get hurt in half a quarter.

Sucks it happened but oh well

I think there's likely some truth to the bold.  While certain people *cough*bitonti*cough* have been rambling on about what Sanchez "earned", the truth is he didn't earn a damn thing with his play this preseason.  He looked no different than always, making the same mind-numbing mistakes he was for the prior 4 years.  The Jets headed into the Giants game hoping that Geno would look great and establish himself beyond doubt as the better option at QB.  If / when that didn't happen, the plan was to then give Sanchez the "easy" win by letting him clean up against the Giants' backups, look good for a change and put this thing to bed.  It seems the last thing the Jets wanted to be doing is simply handing the starting job over to the much-maligned Sanchez, who Rex already had repeated accusations of favoring, which is exactly what they would have been getting ripped for right now had they not played Sanchez, but then announced him as the starter.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily make it the right decision to handle it that way, but it's different than the storylines of some mindless whim or a diabolical plot by the evil Count Idzik.

He should have let Sanchez in on the plan. Sanchez seemed pissed that he got injured.

obv.. another instance of Rex coddling the object of his desires

I hope Sanchez is alright.  He's a great player and leader, a true warrior, a Jet through and through and the Jets arent better because he's injured but Geno is the future.  Kids got it.  He's an impressive player.  Put yer shades on, this kids future is bright. 

A GREAT PLAYER AND LEADER?  Lmao

I think there's likely some truth to the bold.  While certain people *cough*bitonti*cough* have been rambling on about what Sanchez "earned", the truth is he didn't earn a damn thing with his play this preseason.  He looked no different than always, making the same mind-numbing mistakes he was for the prior 4 years.  The Jets headed into the Giants game hoping that Geno would look great and establish himself beyond doubt as the better option at QB.  If / when that didn't happen, the plan was to then give Sanchez the "easy" win by letting him clean up against the Giants' backups, look good for a change and put this thing to bed.  It seems the last thing the Jets wanted to be doing is simply handing the starting job over to the much-maligned Sanchez, who Rex already had repeated accusations of favoring, which is exactly what they would have been getting ripped for right now had they not played Sanchez, but then announced him as the starter.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily make it the right decision to handle it that way, but it's different than the storylines of some mindless whim or a diabolical plot by the evil Count Idzik.

It's possible for me to agree with that statement (Sanchez is a 55% knuckleheaded passer who throws bad picks) and still be better than Geno Smith. Not only is it possible but it happened. 

Sanchez earned to start because he's the best Qb on the roster right now. Not the best Qb in our imagination. or the best QB for future potential  universes. Rex Ryan knew that months ago. But you guys and Idzik believe in the legend of Geno Smith and the long term rebuild.  why pay the head coach and then dont let him be the head coach? 

It's possible for me to agree with that statement (Sanchez is a 55% knuckleheaded passer who throws bad picks) and still be better than Geno Smith. Not only is it possible but it happened. 

Sanchez earned to start because he's the best Qb on the roster right now. Not the best Qb in our imagination. or the best QB for future potential  universes. Rex Ryan knew that months ago. But you guys and Idzik believe in the legend of Geno Smith and the long term rebuild.  why pay the head coach and then dont let him be the head coach? 

The difference is you and I apparently have a very different definition of the word "earned".  Yes, you certainly can agree with that statement about Sanchez and think he's still better than Geno, but that inherently means he hasn't earned a damn thing.  Being awarded something by default simply because of the ineptitude of others by absolutely no rational means qualifies as "earned".

The last few sentences is simply more of your completely 100% fabricated nonsense.  The is literally zero factual basis to any of it.

Archived