#26 Jolot

Jolot

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

manish mehta and dick cimini

vader_zpsaf419e5a.jpg

Lol, so true..two guys praying for him to be seriously injured so they have gossip to write about, but we are classless for booing the guy last week.

#27 Patriot Killa

Patriot Killa

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wonder how long he will be out for ... Hmmm

#28 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,220 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

oh. boy...  he'll come back,  play extremely mediocre..  and cue a fall/winter/spring/summer's worth of Penningtonian warrior stories..

:puke2:

Edited by CTM, 25 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#29 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

oh. boy...  he'll come back play extremely mediocre..  and cue a fall/winter/spring/summer's worth of Penningtonian warrior stories..

Yet, still leaps and bounds better than Geno. We are pathetic and doomed.

#30 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

it will be hard for Geno to do worse than the butt-fumble in prime time football so it's not like we really lost much here.

F'n this!

#31 aec4

aec4

Resident Whiny Bitch

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yet, still leaps and bounds better than Geno. We are pathetic and doomed.

Geno Smith did not play well last night.

With that said, he didn't do anything to make me think he's below the level of Sanchez.  

#32 MatthewPLP

MatthewPLP

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

The fact that Sanchez did not win the job outright is all of the more reason to start Smith. If a rookie with no NFL experience is performing about the same as a 5YR vet (minus Sanchez fumbling snaps and pick 6's) It's obvious Smith should be named the starter as he will improve over the course of the season, whereas Sanchez will not gey any better. Why delay the progress of Smith fr a guy that won't be here next season?

#33 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

costellotweetsanchez_zps6a886f66.png

^ Does not sound promising

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#34 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,820 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm not trolling. Look at the reaction around here. We're missing out on greatness, clearly. I'm just pointing out, he was the back up anyway, so while it sucks he's not here in case Geno gets hurt...the future has arrived. Its Geno time.

SeƱorJiFo
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#35 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,820 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

costellotweetsanchez_zps6a886f66.png

^ Does not sound promising

I'm sorta enjoying Idzik's obfuscations.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#36 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm sorta enjoying Idzik's obfuscations.

It's been fun watching Cimini and Mehta contort themselves into paroxysms of impotent rage.

Btw, it's instructive that Costello's latest tweet contains new information he himself gleaned, Cimini's latest tweet contains old information he got from Schefter, and Mehta's latest tweet is about Adrian Peterson.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#37 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,114 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's been fun watching Cimini and Mehta contort themselves into paroxysms of impotent rage.

Btw, it's instructive that Costello's latest tweet contains new information he himself gleaned, Cimini's latest tweet contains old information he got from Schefter, and Mehta's latest tweet is about Adrian Peterson.

I actually don't hate Costello. he dabbles in trolling but usually sticks to straight stuff and isn't wildly obnoxious or pretentious.

#38 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,077 posts
  • LocationThe Himalayas

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Because Costello is not an arrogant ass like his flashy counterparts. I'll take a singles hitter any day.

#39 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Because Costello is not an arrogant ass like his flashy counterparts. I'll take a singles hitter any day.

Cimini and Mehta are the Katzenjammer Kids of Jets football.

#40 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,632 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

oh. boy...  he'll come back,  play extremely mediocre..  and cue a fall/winter/spring/summer's worth of Penningtonian warrior stories..

Oh dear God I hope that this doesn't come true, as much as I can very easily see it happening.  The lack of such a thing to date is the only reason why, despite him being an admittedly worse player, I've still never come to despise Sanchez to the same extent I ever did ole Pennyboy.  If we have to deal with this kind of crap for him, I'm not sure I could survive that as a fan.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#41 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

I was at the game and it looked like Sanchez dislocated his shoulder. The bruising may be symptomatic of the internal dislocation...if the MRI showed a partial tear then he could be out for a while. Bruising of the Shoulder would not be the full extent of the diagnosis. Day to day may mean week to week. I doubt he starts Game 1. He could be back for game 3 or 4 if its a separated shoulder. If its a partial tear within the shoulder, you'd have to see if he can play through the "looseness" that occurs in the joint. 

Either way, Geno will probably be the week 1 starter. Expect to see him get 1 qtr's worth of work against the Eagles on Thursday.

LL

Posted Image Fat Head!

#42 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I was at the game and it looked like Sanchez dislocated his shoulder. The bruising may be symptomatic of the internal dislocation...if the MRI showed a partial tear then he could be out for a while. Bruising of the Shoulder would not be the full extent of the diagnosis. Day to day may mean week to week. I doubt he starts Game 1. He could be back for game 3 or 4 if its a separated shoulder. If its a partial tear within the shoulder, you'd have to see if he can play through the "looseness" that occurs in the joint. 

Either way, Geno will probably be the week 1 starter. Expect to see him get 1 qtr's worth of work against the Eagles on Thursday.

LL

I would be suprised if Geno doesnt play a full half on Thursday 

#43 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

They will probably have to play Smith some on Thursday with both Sanchez and McElroy hurt.  I sure hope they don't try to make the starting OL come out there with him for a final pre season game.  There will be a revolt.  If they put him out there with Aboushi as LT, he might not live  to the first game. 

Not to mention how well it is going to go with Smith facing Revis first week, then Belichik's defense 3 days later.

Oh boy

#44 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I would be suprised if Geno doesnt play a full half on Thursday 

Are you going to have DBrick and Mangold out there with him?

#45 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

They will probably have to play Smith some on Thursday with both Sanchez and McElroy hurt.  I sure hope they don't try to make the starting OL come out there with him for a final pre season game.  There will be a revolt.  If they put him out there with Aboushi as LT, he might not live  to the first game. 

Not to mention how well it is going to go with Smith facing Revis first week, then Belichik's defense 3 days later.

Oh boy

Screw the revolt of the OL, they have to keep their remaining QBs healthy.  If Rex tries to play Geno behind backups vs the Iggles, he should be fired immediately following the game.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#46 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Screw the revolt of the OL, they have to keep their remaining QBs healthy.  If Rex tries to play Geno behind backups vs the Iggles, he should be fired immediately following the game.

Simms should get his arm loose because he should play the entire game vs. Philly.    Geno should be learning the Tampa gameplan and getting ready to play week 1.  

#47 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Simms should get his arm loose because he should play the entire game vs. Philly.    Geno should be learning the Tampa gameplan and getting ready to play week 1.  

I'm not so sure that Simms should be the one playing the entire game vs. Philly.  While he has a noodle arm, McElroy might actually be the best (most ready to play) QB the Jets have on the roster.  If anything, if the CS has any doubts between the two, McElroy and Simms should both see some time with the starters and 2nd string; otherwise, whoever they think will be the #3 QB this season should get the entire game.  Smith should be focused solely on Tampa Bay and his fundamentals.

#48 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm not so sure that Simms should be the one playing the entire game vs. Philly.  While he has a noodle arm, McElroy might actually be the best (most ready to play) QB the Jets have on the roster.  If anything, if the CS has any doubts between the two, McElroy and Simms should both see some time with the starters and 2nd string; otherwise, whoever they think will be the #3 QB this season should get the entire game.  Smith should be focused solely on Tampa Bay and his fundamentals.

Your right about McElroy being the most ready.  Problem is  he has been hurt.  I'm sure at this point in timeMcElroy will play on one leg.  His Roster spot is gone if Simms has a good game.

I'm not so sure about putting the starting OL out there.  If Dbrick or Mangold gets hurt Rex will have to go in witness protection.  from his players.

Think Lionel is right.  Sit Smith, let him start focusing on Tampa.  I know he desperately needs the reps, but this really is a bad situation for the Jets.   Nothing good comes out of putting him in against the Eagles with or without the starters. 

Personally I would like to see Simms fro a whole game.  he went on my list from being a total waste of a roster spot to an interesting prospect

#49 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Your right about McElroy being the most ready.  Problem is  he has been hurt.  I'm sure at this point in timeMcElroy will play on one leg.  His Roster spot is gone if Simms has a good game.

I'm not so sure about putting the starting OL out there.  If Dbrick or Mangold gets hurt Rex will have to go in witness protection.  from his players.

Think Lionel is right.  Sit Smith, let him start focusing on Tampa.  I know he desperately needs the reps, but this really is a bad situation for the Jets.   Nothing good comes out of putting him in against the Eagles with or without the starters. 

Personally I would like to see Simms fro a whole game.  he went on my list from being a total waste of a roster spot to an interesting prospect

Yes, I know McElroy has been hurt.  Haven't heard anything the last few days.  Hope his ankle has healed.

I hear what you're saying about Brick and Mangold, but would it be any less severe if Smith went down with a serious injury instead?  Plus, there's less chance of one of them getting hurt than there is a QB getting hurt playing behind the 3rd string OL or even the 2nd string OL.

#50 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yes, I know McElroy has been hurt.  Haven't heard anything the last few days.  Hope his ankle has healed.

I hear what you're saying about Brick and Mangold, but would it be any less severe if Smith went down with a serious injury instead?  Plus, there's less chance of one of them getting hurt than there is a QB getting hurt playing behind the 3rd string OL or even the 2nd string OL.

Actually at least IMO it would be much more severe if Mangold or DBrick goes down.  With that said, I wouldn't play smith at all on Thursday.  If need be let Simms have the whole game.

Most of these guys are playing for the last roster spot at their position.  They are really flying around out there and just don't care.  Way to much risk, almost no reward.  JMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users