Sign in to follow this  
Lizard King

Jets cut Joe McKnight & 13 other new free agents

Wilson...who SUCKS at it!  

Who did it Saturday? McKnight didn't play and Gates was limited.  

Trouble with Gates is that he also has a concussion history and is probably one of the top 3 WRs until Holmes comes back. 

I was actually kidding and taking a jab at 80 who thought McKnight was an irreplaceable kick returner.  Gates will be the guy when he's full strength and Kerley will handle punts. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Agreed, Gates is probably most suitable but we cant risk him getting injured(which he has a history of) especially since he means so much to the thin receiving crop we have until tone comes back and even after that.

Haha!  I'm the last guy that would say that we should keep guys off the field because we can't risk them getting injured. I was okay with Cro returning kicks.  If only he were better at it.  My point was that we need to have a suitable replacement for WHEN Gates gets hurt. 

I was actually kidding and taking a jab at 80 who thought McKnight was an irreplaceable kick returner.  Gates will be the guy when he's full strength and Kerley will handle punts. 

I know.  I want to know who they used Saturday because I don't think it was Gates.  Didn't see the game yet.  I will be watching them all next weekend. Kerley on punts?  Boo.  Let's get a guy that doesn't fair catch everything. 

I'm a little torn on the Peterman cut. On the downside, it's another failed veteran pickup by Idzik. But on the plus side, they saw that he wasn't working out and cut a brand new free agent pickup before the season started. That's something that never would've happened during the Bradway-Tannenbaum years.

I wanted Mark Sanchez,Kyle Wislon and Vlad Duccasse to be on the list of cut Jets joining Joe McKnight.

Good, because that's rational. 

I wanted Mark Sanchez,Kyle Wislon and Vlad Duccasse to be on the list of cut Jets joining Joe McKnight.

Not sure it makes a whole lot of sense cutting the starting CB, Guard, and QB

But who's going to return kicks?????

Rex.  (I couldn't find the video clip that one of the posters here uses that has Rex trying to catch punts and falling and rolling.)

3 guys who haven't done a whole helluva lot here the last few years. Time to move on.

Oh, OK

To who?   Milliner isn't on the field, and has sucked when he was. The last three times  I've seen Smith on the field he has be less then convincing.  Saturday 3 picks and a safety.  Two weeks ago, 14 unimpressive snaps and a sprained ankle, an awful game in the Pinstripe Bowl in which he gave up 2 safeties.  Not exactly on a role.  Petermen's  been  cut, and the rookie doesn't look at all ready  

Edited by flgreen

Oh, OK

To who?   Milliner isn't on the field, and has sucked when he was. The last three times  I've seen Smith on the field he has be less then convincing.  Saturday 3 picks and a safety.  Two weeks ago, 14 unimpressive snaps and a sprained ankle, an awful game in the Pinstripe Bowl in which he gave up 2 safeties.  Not exactly on a role.  Petermen's  been  cut, and the rookie doesn't look at all ready  

Mark Sanchez has had multiple 3 pick games many pick 6s and you are defending him? 

Oh, OK

I was hoping they'd cut Milliner, Winters and Ivory - because those guys truly havent contributed a thing.  Like literally, nothing!  Not sure why we're wasting a roster space.

Mark Sanchez has had multiple 3 pick games many pick 6s and you are defending him? 

Not at all,

Didn't like Sanchez when he was drafted, and every one was running victory laps.  It's just that he is the best QB on the team right now.  When the Jets get a better QB I'm all for replacing him.

Simms? 

I was hoping they'd cut Milliner, Winters and Ivory - because those guys truly havent contributed a thing.  Like literally, nothing!  Not sure why we're wasting a roster space.

I agree.

Maybe we could get 3 guys off JN's flag football team to plug in.  You can play corner can't ya JiF?

I agree.

Maybe we could get 3 guys off JN's flag football team to plug in.  You can play corner can't ya JiF?

I CAN PLAY IT BETTER THAN KYLE WILSON BECAUSE ANYONE IS BETTER THAN KYLE WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all,

Didn't like Sanchez when he was drafted, and every one was running victory laps.  It's just that he is the best QB on the team right now.  When the Jets get a better QB I'm all for replacing him.

Simms? 

Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL I want a change I don't care who it is Smith,McElroy, Simms or ?  

This team in chaos we have a head coach who is fighting for his job and not making rationale decisions.

Mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL I want a change I don't care who it is Smith,McElroy, Simms or ?  

This team in chaos we have a head coach who is fighting for his job and not making rationale decisions.

Yep

Good ole Mr. Anybody Else.   I guess he could play both ways for Sanchez and Wilson, but as good as he is, not sure he can play two offensive positions at the same time at both guard and QB.  Guess he could give it a try

So Ducasse is going to "get it" in the final year of his rookie deal, when we're rebuilding? So we burn a 2nd round pick and get nothing out of him while we're contenders (or could have been contenders or whatever).  Then when we're gutted he decides to turn the light on.  So now to keep him when he's actually useful, in a season that's not deep-6'd in the spring, it'll cost us a veteran/FA contract.  That's just peachy.

the Jets have so much cap space next season, they could sign 100 Vlads. If anyone is worried about the salary cap they should go to Jason's page and learn about it. They have so much room right now. In fact they are way under the floor. So they gotta pay someone. 

Meanwhile the guy's history born in Haiti, not playing football until he was 14, it lends itself to a long development process. Vlad Ducasse was never going to be a first year starter. James Farrior was an American, born in America and it took him 4 years to turn good. His first 3 seasons were a waste, after he leaves the Jets he became an all pro. It does occasionally happen. Vlad has the physical skills to be an elite guard, it was always just a matter of learning and growing up. 

Today, little baby's all growsed up. 

Mcknight is a disgrace. I was very pissed when we got rid of leon and basically drafted him as a replacement.  I know it was cause of leons wife but he was dynamic.  Mcknight never seemed to give 2 sh'ts about football.  Maybe this is a wake up call and he will actually dedicate himself to the game and turn it around somewhere else