The QB eye test

Jacked4JetsFB

Geno has passed my eye test so far, just looking at him play, he reminds me of a mix between Vick and Kaepernick. He doesn't have Vick's speed or explosiveness, but his closing speed was impressive yesterday, it seemed that he accelerated just enough to either get the first down or get out of bounds to avoid a hit (except the last one) when he ran. What I also liked was that he had tremendous pocket awareness for his first game (minus the fumble) there were times were I felt like I was about to scream through my tv telling him to scramble or throw the ball but he was able to move judiciously in an around the pocket to avoid being hit.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mob is fickle.

Looking forward to the flip flop after the first disaster, which will happen.

Nah..... not here.

Let me be a bit more clear. My original post was saying that when I watched him play in pre-season, he did not look the part of an NFL QB. This last post was saying I was wrong, he does look like an NFL QB to me.

The real deal comment again was he looks like the real deal.

He WILL struggle, he is a rookie.

The league WILL learn him and make adjustments.

Geno has the tools to be a franchise QB.

Whether or not he will depends on 2 main factors IMO: 

1) will the NFL game slow down for him

2) when the league makes adjustments, can he make the right adjustments to the leagues adjustments

If he can, we have our guy. Whether or not these two things happen is anyones guess.

Archived