Jay Mohr interviewing Chad Pennington "They called you noodle arm"

Blackout

Because Pennington and Martin were both flimsy imitations of the great players that other teams had. The neighbors owned a Ferrari, and we owned a Corolla painted the same color as a Ferrari. They were both reminders that our franchise has always been a cut-rate simulacrum of a real football team.

I say the following as someone who believed Martin was highly overrated by most Jets fans, but Martin was 10000x the player that Pennington was. 10000x the Warrior too, dude played how many straight games while Pussingnington never made it through  a season. Mentioning a yellow dirtbag like pennington and Martin in the same breath is an insult to our collective good sense.

All one needs to remember is how each reacted to that disgusting 2004 Pitts loss, Punkington was doing the macarena on field with his old MAC buddy Rothlisberger and Martin looked suicidal with the rest of Jets fans. 

I say the following as someone who believed Martin was highly overrated by most Jets fans, but Martin was 10000x the player that Pennington was. 10000x the Warrior too, dude played how many straight games while Pussingnington never made it through  a season. Mentioning a yellow dirtbag like pennington and Martin in the same breath is an insult to our collective good sense.

All one needs to remember is how each reacted to that disgusting 2004 Pitts loss, Punkington was doing the macarena on field with his old MAC buddy Rothlisberger and Martin looked suicidal with the rest of Jets fans. 

BOOOM!!!! !

Yup.

Glad to see nothing has changed in Penny-boy's 5 years off of the team, as the Pro-Pennington mantra is still a bunch of vague comments, based mostly on unsupportable claims that often have little to do with his actual on-field performance.  As far as the Martin comparison goes, CTM said it better than I could ever hope to, so I'll save you a four paragraph diatribe on the matter and simply tip my hat to him.  I can accept the idea of some people thinking he was somewhat average, even if I may disagree, but the endless praise is completely unfounded.  All I ask is for anyone who feels the need to praise Pennington's leadership ability, is go back and re-watch the 2007 season.

Archived