Mike Goodson to report in next 24 hours. (MERGED)

joewilly12

I guess this is good news, who knows how good of shape he is in.

Does anyone know the status of his legal situation?  

I thought I heard it was pushed back till February, and the driver took the rap for the guns, and drugs, I have no link just remember something like this, but it all happened around the same time he disappeared so the focus was more on where is he, not what is going on with his legal sh*t.  Outside of Goodell suspending him, and/or him being in brutal playing shape, I can't see why he can't be ready to play in the opener as a 3rd down back/change of pace back on occassion seeing the field for maybe 15 plays, who knows with 15 plays all he needs is that 1 to make an impact if he has that speed ready to roll.

sweet redemption for idzik !!!

eat it haters !!

lol

mixed emotions here.  I guess you give him a second chance, but I'd rather just move on and cut him

Really no reason not to give him a shot.  It's clear the Jets knew what was going on with this situation all along and if they had wanted to cut him would have gone ahead and done it a month ago.  If they think he has some legitimate long-term prospects with this team, a training camp fiasco in a write-off year isn't going to be enough to change their minds.  It's really not all that different than the Holmes situation when all is said and done.

According to Adam Schefter, New York Jets running back Mike Goodson will soon be reporting to the team.

The Jets have not publicly commented on Mike Goodson’s status since his arrest in May.  They have indicated they know where he is and that was the extent of it.  According to Kimberley Martin Goodson’s agent won’t confirm that he is reporting.

This would make sense though, earlier today the Jets released running backs Joe McKnight and Chad Spann.  Unless Khalil Bell has locked down the 3rd running back spot behind Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell seeing Goodson with the Jets soon sounds realistic.

We can certainly use the help.  Does anyone have in on the legal situation?

No inside, but the public stuff is he and his partner were passed out in the middle of the fast lane on I 80.  A gun was in the glove box, which his buddy, the driver, and owner of the car took ownership of.  Goodson had a small amount of weed on his person.  Because they were unconscious a toxicology  test was done.  IMO here lies Goodson's problem.

The NJSP in all their fairness and wisdom, as usual,  charged him with everything except  the Kennedy killing.  Possession of a unlicensed fire arm, even though it was not on his person, nor was it his car, and possession of pot. 

He is basically looking at a misdemeanor pot charge.  I suspect he real problem is what was in his system other then pot and booze.  he can't be charged by the cops for what's in his system, but he can be disciplined by the NFL rather severely. 

Of course I'm speculating on this but I think he is just trying to get ahead of the curve and avoid a lengthy suspension by doing a 30 day rehab

Archived