•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cheer up Jets fans- look at Buffalo's QB problems

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 NCJETSFAN

NCJETSFAN

Idea Factory

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

EJ looked. Like the real deal when he played. So they have a qb that's ready we dont

#27 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Your hatred of Geno Smith is getting me excited.

Most of the time I think Bit is a bigger dickhead then me but he's spot on with Geno since before the draft. He's no where near ready to play in the NFL.

Edited by New York Mick, 26 August 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#28 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Bills will still have a better record than us

photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#29 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Doubt that, but if they let him play with Aboushi as left tackle, maybe a dark suit and head stone

Lol

#30 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Wow, that's insane.  Frankly, I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see the Bills grab whichever of Simms or McElroy gets cut at the end of this week.  And that's not meant to be a compliment to either of those guys mind you.  Talk about an absolutely brutal situation to be in.

And to think, we thought it was bad when the Jets had to move onto Bollywood after week 1 in 2005 because Pennyboy and Fiedler both went down.

Thad Lewis is as good or better than Simms and/or McElroy.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#31 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

I think we are overacting, Geno had a bad first start, but he's been pretty solid in camp. Lets see how he does against the Eagles.

Sucks for the Bills, with the Pats up first.

Pish tosh.  Jets fans overreact and be quick to label a player as sucking?  NEVER!!   :winking0001:

#32 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

G.O.A.T.

OK so would one of you youngsters explain what "G.O.A.T" means to your generation?  It seems to mean something positive.  If so, it meant something totally different to mine.

#33 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

OK so would one of you youngsters explain what "G.O.A.T" means to your generation?  It seems to mean something positive.  If so, it meant something totally different to mine.

greatest of all time

of course Tom is using it ironically which is also a thing youngsters do. Im actually the worst of all time.

Since we are talking NY Jets football... 

The mistake this team made was not letting Rex Ryan declare Mark Sanchez a starter a week ago. It sucks but hey that's what pro teams do. The neverending Geno Smith experiment was dumb. And we are all dumber for having watched it. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#34 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

greatest of all time

of course Tom is using it ironically which is also a thing youngsters do. Im actually the worst of all time.

The mistake this team made was not letting Rex Ryan declare Mark Sanchez a starter a week ago. It sucks but hey that's what pro teams do. The neverending Geno Smith experiment was dumb. And we are all dumber for having watched it. 

Thanks.  It's starting to look like you're right.

#35 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,451 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Thanks.  It's starting to look like you're right.

something about a broken clock and twice a day seems apropos here

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#36 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,194 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

something about a broken clock and twice a day seems apropos here

Throw enough sh*t against the wall and some of it is bound to stick.

"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#37 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

greatest of all time

Nooooo, I was joking that Geno will be the greatest of all time. No disrespect intended. You're my boy from way back.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#38 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,602 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

greatest of all time

Sanchez and Rex both being brought back was the biggest mistake of them all. Should have been one or the other...or both gone.

#39 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,326 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

so misery loves company

Proud Member of the AVM

#40 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,326 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Not for nothing but Geno sucks. And its not just because he had bad performances during training camp or even in the Giants game. Its because it seems he does not even have a grasp on the bare fundementals to play the position. He's awkward at best taking snaps. he does not set before he throws. and seems to throw off his back foot more often than not which tells me he's  playing scared. Sure he's got a great arm when he steps into the throw but the guy does that a low percentage of the time. This guy will not be able to handle the pro game and when you cant even put together a decent practice I'm not sure how in the hell you perform in the real deal.

FWIW I now pretty much feel the same way about Sanchez. He didn't seem to have these bad traits when he first came to the team but he certainly has them now and I don't see him getting any better.

This team needs to draft another QB in next years draft, and early, because with what we have going on so far from practice reports and the preseason games this offense is going to fail on an epic level. Now that Goodson is gone we have Powell (who might be decent) and the often injured or hurting at best Ivory. We brought in players who could not even beat out Vlad ******* Ducasse. if this does not concern Jets fans and some are still overly optimistic well get ready for a huge awakening.

The answer to the Jets QB problem this year is to grow some balls and just let Greg McElroy Start and see if his smarts will over come his lack of arm strength . he seemed to have some zip on the ball in the few time he played in pre season I see no reason why he can't start in a WCO system that' seems to fit him just fine.

Proud Member of the AVM

#41 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Not for nothing but Geno sucks. And its not just because he had bad performances during training camp or even in the Giants game. Its because it seems he does not even have a grasp on the bare fundementals to play the position. He's awkward at best taking snaps. he does not set before he throws. and seems to throw off his back foot more often than not which tells me he's  playing scared. Sure he's got a great arm when he steps into the throw but the guy does that a low percentage of the time. This guy will not be able to handle the pro game and when you cant even put together a decent practice I'm not sure how in the hell you perform in the real deal.

FWIW I now pretty much feel the same way about Sanchez. He didn't seem to have these bad traits when he first came to the team but he certainly has them now and I don't see him getting any better.

This team needs to draft another QB in next years draft, and early, because with what we have going on so far from practice reports and the preseason games this offense is going to fail on an epic level. Now that Goodson is gone we have Powell (who might be decent) and the often injured or hurting at best Ivory. We brought in players who could not even beat out Vlad ******* Ducasse. if this does not concern Jets fans and some are still overly optimistic well get ready for a huge awakening.

The answer to the Jets QB problem this year is to grow some balls and just let Greg McElroy Start and see if his smarts will over come his lack of arm strength . he seemed to have some zip on the ball in the few time he played in pre season I see no reason why he can't start in a WCO system that' seems to fit him just fine.

You gave Chad 8 years, and still haven't come to grips with the reality of his play.  You gave Sanchez 4 years before finally acknowledging he sucks.  Now you give Geno 4 months before determining the same?  I know some of us have pushed you for a while now to not take so long with these conclusions, but perhaps we went a little too far.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#42 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Agree.

Unless Geno looks like a different player Thursday and can correct his mechanics after watching the Giant film....idk....there was nothing he showed that made it look like he could start at this level. Even Sanchez gave us that belief his first preseason.

#43 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,843 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

This offense is going to fail on an epic level?  What is the bet that they will be better than last year?  Better in points and yards.  I think they are going to suck and I KNOW they will better than last year.  They will be better with Sanchez.  They will be better with Smith.  They will be better with SImms.  They could start ******* Brooks Bollinger and they will gain more yards and score more points than last year. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#44 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

This offense is going to fail on an epic level?  What is the bet that they will be better than last year?  Better in points and yards.  I think they are going to suck and I KNOW they will better than last year.  They will be better with Sanchez.  They will be better with Smith.  They will be better with SImms.  They could start ******* Brooks Bollinger and they will gain more yards and score more points than last year. 

Offense should definitely be improved. If the running game can actually get going and Sanchez can cut down the disaster turnovers....eh. The running game is the biggest wildcard right now. We really dont know how that's going to turn out....or if Ivory can play or not. The dude needs to quit dancing behind the line like he's Barry Sanders.

Then again 3 of the first 4 games look like losses- so who knows what will happen.

#45 SweetLee83

SweetLee83

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

And of course the pats get buff and ny with qb injuries to open

And our #1 CB who has had a great camp, coming off a really good rookie year. Gilmore is done for 6 weeks or so.

Brady is going to have a field day. 

#46 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

You gave Chad 8 years, and still haven't come to grips with the reality of his play.  You gave Sanchez 4 years before finally acknowledging he sucks.  Now you give Geno 4 months before determining the same?  I know some of us have pushed you for a while now to not take so long with these conclusions, but perhaps we went a little too far.

This comment is great if you didn't watch the game. If you watched the game you'll admit that Chad and Sanchez both didn't look this garbage. 

#47 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

This comment is great if you didn't watch the game. If you watched the game you'll admit that Chad and Sanchez both didn't look this garbage. 

You, more than anyone on this board, really have absolutely no room to talk on such a topic.  You're the one who has repeatedly defended the very worst players on the Jets roster and talked about how they needed to be given more time.  Funny how that now so quickly changes for the first time in the moment it no longer fits into your agenda.  It's made all the more contradictory by the fact that it is regarding a player at the position that is most notorious for needing time for development.

The truth is that this has nothing to do with Geno or his 2 career preseason games and everything to do with your desperate need to push the agenda that has driven your posts for months now, regardless of it means that you're contradicting yourself time and time again in the process.  Your storyline changes day by day in your desperate attempts to paint the picture you want.  Let's call a spade, a spade; as long as Idzik is GM your posts are tough to take very seriously.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#48 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

You, more than anyone on this board, really have absolutely no room to talk on such a topic.  You're the one who has repeatedly defended the very worst players on the Jets roster and talked about how they needed to be given more time.  Funny how that now so quickly changes for the first time in the moment it no longer fits into your agenda.  It's made all the more contradictory by the fact that it is regarding a player at the position that is most notorious for needing time for development.

The truth is that this has nothing to do with Geno or his 2 career preseason games and everything to do with your desperate need to push the agenda that has driven your posts for months now, regardless of it means that you're contradicting yourself time and time again in the process.  Your storyline changes day by day in your desperate attempts to paint the picture you want.  Let's call a spade, a spade; as long as Idzik is GM your posts are tough to take very seriously.

so do you have an opinion on how Geno played the other night? In specific do you agree that even Mark and Chad looked better in their first action? Or would you rather just psycho-analyze me. Cause i could use a father figure. 

#49 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

so do you have an opinion on how Geno played the other night? In specific do you agree that even Mark and Chad looked better in their first action? Or would you rather just psycho-analyze me. Cause i could use a father figure.

We all know Geno looked awful. But he does have a point regarding other highly touted players that clearly sucked in which you defended till the day they were let go.

#50 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

We all know Geno looked awful. But he does have a point regarding other highly touted players that clearly sucked in which you defended till the day they were let go.

Maybe I learned from those experiences.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users