Mafia forum off season chat thread

14 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Im doing alright =)  having a drink with my bff. You?

Working today 8-2. Then coming home eating wings and watching college football. After that I need to hang a new door to my office at the house. Years and years of both my sons hanging on it open as they talked to me has killed it. It's not a tough job but my house was built in the 60's and let's just say it's well settled. One of those tedious tasks. 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:24 AM, The Crusher said:

Working today 8-2. Then coming home eating wings and watching college football. After that I need to hang a new door to my office at the house. Years and years of both my sons hanging on it open as they talked to me has killed it. It's not a tough job but my house was built in the 60's and let's just say it's well settled. One of those tedious tasks. 

This post is missing a lot of information.  Only 1 meal was listed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tell the Jets to stop f*cking winning then.  

I keep trying to call Macc's office to tell him that, but every time it just goes straight to this weird voice recording that tries to sell me not one, but two, Starbucks franchises. Says it's a safe investment because both stores come with a manager who's a really great leader.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I wouldn't get too excited, apparently my rep as a mod nowadays isn't highly regarded.

And have I no modding rep. No one knows what to expect from me, including myself. I might end up being a terrible mod. I'm sure Ape will tell me if I am. He's helpful like that.

Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

Last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here! 

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks. Those signing up will receive a link to a Doodle + a Google Survey so that they can be slotted into a game that suits their availability and preferences wrt game size and type.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/12461-Hydra-Event-2017

4 hours ago, Thingyman said:

Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

Last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here! 

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks. Those signing up will receive a link to a Doodle + a Google Survey so that they can be slotted into a game that suits their availability and preferences wrt game size and type.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/12461-Hydra-Event-2017

Jetnation players sharing a hydra would spend the entire game arguing among  them selves 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jetnation players sharing a hydra would spend the entire game arguing among  them selves 

JN Hydra: I just caught [player X] in a single post. That was totally a scum tell. Lynch now.

*3 minutes later*

JN Hydra: [Player X] looks fine. That is 100% the right play to make in his position. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot, or Scum trying to muddy the waters.

*7 minutes later*

JN Hyrda: **** YOU AZZHOLE.

*4 minutes later*

JN Hydra: Fake emo is Scum. Lynch this turd.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

OMG saw the signup thread - no way I'm slogging through that many posts, lol.

<3 you 80, but forget it!

Dude, you have no idea.  Every one of their game posts is a novel.  I would have signed on for this and then tried to pawn all of the work on you, lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude, you have no idea.  Every one of their game posts is a novel.  I would have signed on for this and then tried to pawn all of the work on you, lol.

Oh I know pretty well - that Championship series that I repped JN on I made it to the Finals (hosted on MU) and it was insane.

And that was without hydras in a 13 player game, lol.  We would have had 2 posts on D1 where we both tried to self-vote, haha.

• Upvote 1