Mafia forum off season chat thread

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Worse.

Canes. Another sports franchise that's been in the first year of a rebuilding phase for the past 6 ******* years.

HOW ARE YOU THE HURRICANES FAN ? & a Jets fan?

image.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

HOW ARE YOU THE HURRICANES FAN ? & a Jets fan?

image.png

Here's the short version:

I just chose random teams. I live in Washington territory, and my dad is a Philly fan, so he wasn't gonna cultivate my fandom of the local teams, and my older brother didn't want me copying him and liking his teams and forced me to choose another team for each sport. I didn't know any other teams, so he just rattled off names. I heard "Jets" and my 7~ year old mind immediately thought, "jet planes are powerful, therefore they must be good", and I thought nothing was more destructive then a hurricane. lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Here's the short version:

I just chose random teams. I live in Washington territory, and my dad is a Philly fan, so he wasn't gonna cultivate my fandom of the local teams, and my older brother didn't want me copying him and liking his teams and forced me to choose another team for each sport. I didn't know any other teams, so he just rattled off names. I heard "Jets" and my 7~ year old mind immediately thought, "jet planes are powerful, therefore they must be good", and I thought nothing was more destructive then a hurricane. lol

This is so cute!!!!!!!!! That's sorta how I became a Jets Fan. My dad used to watch both the Jets and Giants games. 

My brother chose the Giants and we had the whole sibling rivalry thing going at that time so I chose the Jets. 

But I was way more devoted to the Jets and I ended up converting him. He still blames me for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

This is so cute!!!!!!!!! That's sorta how I became a Jets Fan. My dad used to watch both the Jets and Giants games. 

My brother chose the Giants and we had the whole sibling rivalry thing going at that time so I chose the Jets. 

But I was way more devoted to the Jets and I ended up converting him. He still blames me for it.

My brother is a Jags fan, so I didn't exactly miss out on anything there. :lol:

My dad successfully converted him to Philly for every other sport, though. He had me as a Phillies fan for awhile, but I stopped caring about baseball. Football and hockey are my two sports.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

My brother is a Jags fan, so I didn't exactly miss out on anything there. :lol:

My dad successfully converted him to Philly for every other sport, though. He had me as a Phillies fan for awhile, but I stopped caring about baseball. Football and hockey are my two sports.

The ones I follow the most are the same Jets/ Devils ---> (when I remember to watch or I go to a game) Yanks & Redbulls.

During WC - Brasil or Ecuador. I also support the US when they play but Brasil is always #1 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

The ones I follow the most are the same Jets/ Devils ---> (when I remember to watch or I go to a game) Yanks & Redbulls.

During WC - Brasil or Ecuador. I also support the US when they play but Brasil is always #1 

I don't bother with soccer, but I've watched some tennis in the past whenever my mom had it on. I like Nadal.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Spoot-Face i live in Canes territory.  Haven't been to a game yet though.  Their new ownership group seems promising, at least. 

That it does. I got halfway decent hopes for the future. Although, saying that, I had high hopes for last season, too.?

Ronnie Francis was supposed to be the man to bring this franchise back to greatness, but he wasn't. Now it's up to Rod Brind'Amour (the only sports jersey I own that I'm not ashamed of).

I haven't been to a Canes game in like 8 years. Would love to go back.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leelou said:

For the season, yeah. There might be a holiday game. 

Alrighty looking forward to it.

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mafia always stope here at the start of football. Then The Jets will suck and usually picks back up around the 8-10 loss of the season. So see you around early to mid December. 

Sounds about right

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Mafia always stope here at the start of football. Then The Jets will suck and usually picks back up around the 8-10 loss of the season. So see you around early to mid December. 

You are pretty optimistic this year.  Going to any games?

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Let me know what one you plan to attend. 

That way I can pick a different one. 

You don't think I'll feel the entire state tilt toward east ruthrford once you settle in?

• Haha 3