Mafia forum off season chat thread

On 10/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, The Crusher said:

I hate change.

I'm imagining this irrational hatred of change goes back to you, on line at the convenience store as a just a wee porker, mom or dad gets change from the cashier and won't let you get any yummy candy with it? Triggering I bet.

• Upvote 3

On 10/8/2018 at 2:05 AM, Nolder said:

I don't know if I can play mafia without cussing.

Especially with some of the people here.

Can't we use like a swear jar to fund the site or something?

s long as we can still say “stupid” we can still make smash melt like clockwork. I don’t see the problem.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm imagining this irrational hatred of change goes back to you, on line at the convenience store as a just a wee porker, mom or dad gets change from the cashier and won't let you get any yummy candy with it? Triggering I bet.

I picture something more like Golden Corral getting rid of pork belly and replacing it with free range chicken breast.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CTM said:

No they expected me to roll an occasional hippie for can-day money 

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I picture something more like Golden Corral getting rid of pork belly and replacing it with free range chicken breast.

Lol, I'm sure the inevitable protests and rallies to repork the corral were well catered tho

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Easy. You came to eat their sadness. How else would you live until the next society of man emerges?

The melding of biology and technology is the next evolutionary leap for people kind, evidence for punctuated equilibrium over gradualism. 

Gata is onto something.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

s long as we can still say “stupid” we can still make smash melt like clockwork. I don’t see the problem.

And then Smash let's loose annnnnd either he's banned or our forum is in jeopardy.

You don't see the problem?

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Nolder said:

@The Crusher

If we promise to self censor (ie use asterisks to mask most of what a word is) do you think Max will give us some leeway?

Honestly the bigger problem by far was the pictures from the pin up thread. At least the financial aspect for the site . 

The other needs to be self regulated. 

But absolutely no suggestive pictures or gif.  Kelly the man lady got 2 months off for a ladies groping each other’s gif. Now, her literally posting it on the thread Max made to enforce the rules didn’t help. Haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly the bigger problem by far was the pictures from the pin up thread. At least the financial aspect for the site . 

The other needs to be self regulated. 

But absolutely no suggestive pictures or gif.  Kelly the man lady got 2 months off for a ladies groping each other’s gif. Now, her literally posting it on the thread Max made to enforce the rules didn’t help. Haha

Yeah....I always thought some of those pics really skirted the line and was wondering how the people there were getting away with it.

I guess really they weren't in the long run. 

So Max isn't as concerned with the cussing? How strict or lenient is it going to be around here in terms of language?

That's all I'm concerned about.

Just now, Nolder said:

Yeah....I always thought some of those pics really skirted the line and was wondering how the people there were getting away with it.

I guess really they weren't in the long run. 

So Max isn't as concerned with the cussing? How strict or lenient is it going to be around here in terms of language?

That's all I'm concerned about.

Nobody wants to ban anyone for cursing. 

12 hours ago, Nolder said:

While I kind of feel the same way...I would also feel bad about it.

Doesn't it seem like kind of a lack of loyalty to Max for providing this forum for so long?

@Maxman is a great Jets fan and built a fantastic forum (both football and the lounge) but this group of mafia players will not survive without the ability to cuss and make others go emo.  Just my opinion.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Nolder said:

@The Crusher

If we promise to self censor (ie use asterisks to mask most of what a word is) do you think Max will give us some leeway?

Right now he needs everyone to just follow the no cussing rule.  Max likes to see us enjoying ourselves in here regardless of knowing nothing of the  game . I will still be the one policing this forum like always. This is being made a lot bigger than it actually is.  Acting like bunch of weirdos . 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Right now he needs everyone to just follow the no cussing rule.  Max likes to see us enjoying ourselves in here regardless of knowing nothing of the  game . I will still be the one policing this forum like always. This is being made a lot bigger than it actually is.  Acting like bunch of weirdos . 

I know it seems weird but it's actually kind of important, at least to me.

I don't play on DM anymore in part because I had to watch what I said there.

14 hours ago, Nolder said:

@The Crusher

Yes, absolutely.

Thanks for checking. I am also looking at a way to have some forums that have no ads. That gives us more flexibility. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Thanks Crusher.

I don't think much will have to change. We can use the word censors and like I mentioned in the other post we might be able to run no ads in here which makes it less of an issue.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:22 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

We went from ecstasy in Week 1 to depression 3 weeks later. 

I think we're ok right now

On 10/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, Arsis said:

Cool. I'll fwd you my resume and you can get me a job?

Do you speak Russian?