Mafia forum off season chat thread

The jealousy is unreal.

Are ya'll really going to sit there and say Brady didn't earn every single one of those rings? I'm disappointed in all three of you. There was a time when we used to celebrate the best or at least give them a grudging respect. People like you are the reason why participation trophies exist and "everyone's a winner!". Thanks. That's totally the world I wanted to live in. ?

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Are ya'll really going to sit there and say Brady didn't earn every single one of those rings? I'm disappointed in all three of you. There was a time when we used to celebrate the best or at least give them a grudging respect. People like you are the reason why participation trophies exist and "everyone's a winner!". Thanks. That's totally the world I wanted to live in. ?

I give full credit to champions who aren't part of organizations with massive institutional cheating.  I was happy for the Eagles when they won their first SB title.  Happy for Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes this year.  And I don't hate former dynasties like the 70s Steelers and 80s-early 90s Niners.  Etc etc.  

Brady is Lance Armstrong without the contributions to cancer research or society in general.  Belichick is a prick with no morals.  As is his owner.  They're all completely unlikable with no endearing qualities, and a lot of it is because they've brazenly flaunted the rules for decades.  That means that every one of their titles are questionable.  

source.gif

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nolder said:

The jealousy is unreal.

In addition to what 80 just said, you also responded to GATA's playful shot with "how many rings?", which is literally said by every Pats fan 5 times a day as if it is a requirement to be a fan.

In short, pot, meet kettle.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Verbal said:

In addition to what 80 just said, you also responded to GATA's playful shot with "how many rings?", which is literally said by every Pats fan 5 times a day as if it is a requirement to be a fan.

gata don't play son

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I give full credit to champions who aren't part of organizations with massive institutional cheating.  I was happy for the Eagles when they won their first SB title.  Happy for Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes this year.  And I don't hate former dynasties like the 70s Steelers and 80s-early 90s Niners.  Etc etc.  

Brady is Lance Armstrong without the contributions to cancer research or society in general.  Belichick is a prick with no morals.  As is his owner.  They're all completely unlikable with no endearing qualities, and a lot of it is because they've brazenly flaunted the rules for decades.  That means that every one of their titles are questionable.  

I'm not going to debate the cheating (nor the morals of the coach and owner) because that's not really what we're talking about. Lance Armstrong may have cheated, just like Mark McGwire and so many other sports stars. And yet they are still given the credit for being athletes and putting in the effort. No one would say Armstrong or McGwire were BAD, they just cheated. And that sucks and that will always mar their record. Are you going to say both of them weren't even good players?

And look I get it it's fun to hate on Brady and the Patriots. Everyone except Patriots fans do it. Haha Tom Brady sucks blahblahblah we get it. And I also get this is a forum for a whole other team. Really I get it. What I am trying to say is no one here seems willing to put the jokes and rivalry aside for even one moment and just respect the man as an athlete. Not a single one of you could go out there and do what he does even if you took every steroid known to man. And yet instead of just being like lol Brady is a cheating dick but I guess he's an ok QB or you know something along those lines you wont even do that. Not even that, not even one time. And I find that more than a little sad. Joke all you want and make insinuations about him and his team/coach till the cows come home. I think it says more about your character than his at this point.

5 hours ago, Verbal said:

In short, pot, meet kettle.

^exactly what I'm talking about.

It's not playful if you do it all the time and everyone here does it all the time to Brady. You know how we all joke about blind lynching you (and yes it has happened a few times)? What if we just did it every single time you signed up on D1 until you stopped playing? Don't worry bro we're just being playful. It's just a joke don't get mad.

14 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I'm not going to debate the cheating (nor the morals of the coach and owner) because that's not really what we're talking about. Lance Armstrong may have cheated, just like Mark McGwire and so many other sports stars. And yet they are still given the credit for being athletes and putting in the effort. No one would say Armstrong or McGwire were BAD, they just cheated. And that sucks and that will always mar their record. Are you going to say both of them weren't even good players?

And look I get it it's fun to hate on Brady and the Patriots. Everyone except Patriots fans do it. Haha Tom Brady sucks blahblahblah we get it. And I also get this is a forum for a whole other team. Really I get it. What I am trying to say is no one here seems willing to put the jokes and rivalry aside for even one moment and just respect the man as an athlete. Not a single one of you could go out there and do what he does even if you took every steroid known to man. And yet instead of just being like lol Brady is a cheating dick but I guess he's an ok QB or you know something along those lines you wont even do that. Not even that, not even one time. And I find that more than a little sad. Joke all you want and make insinuations about him and his team/coach till the cows come home. I think it says more about your character than his at this point.

The difference is guys like, say, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens both would have been 1st-ballot HOFers had they never touched PEDs.  And even so, they aren't in the HOF because they arrogantly cheated.  

But Brady's team has cheated from the start, marring his entire career.   Yet at the same time, Brady is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer.  Even though everyone knows the Patriots cheated for decades.  After all, they got caught.  3 times.  

If Brady/Belichick were so good at their jobs, why cheat, and so often?  The last time they got caught it came against the Bengals, the worst team in the league.  They didn't NEED to cheat to beat them.  But they did it anways, because it's what they do.  It's part of their identity.  

Brady came into the league as a shrimp with limited athletic ability.  Certainly he became a starter through sheer will and strong play.  But it only becomes easier to do your job as a QB when you know what plays the other team is calling. 

Like I said, the Patriots have been doing this stuff for two decades.  It's not like Brady racked up some nice numbers and THEN the Pats started cheating.  This has been going on since at LEAST the Patriots' first Super Bowl season.  

So when your entire career is marred by a cheating franchise, yeah, I'm not going to give Brady credit for "greatness".  The kind of cheating his organization did tipped the balance of the league.  That kind of cheating is less acceptable than PEDs, especially in the NFL where that stuff is rampant. 

What the Patriots did is a lot closer to what the Astros have been up to in the MLB.  Those Astros titles will be tainted for the rest of MLB history.  

Brady/NE defenders whine that they always have to hear about the cheating and they get tired of it.  Well, the fans of the other 31 NFL teams are tired of the unlevel playing field that's been going on for 20 years.  So you're going to continue to hear about it, and get laughed at when you call Brady an all-time great.  Don't blame us, blame the Patriots.

15 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Joke all you want and make insinuations about him and his team/coach till the cows come home. I think it says more about your character than his at this point.

Listen, Nol.  I like you.  You're a fun guy to play mafia with and get nerdy in random discussions with.

That said, I'm gonna tell you a fact - you have the thinnest skin of anybody in this thread.  If you want to make it personal with sh*t like "more about your character" and stuff, you're going to come out on the losing end.  I can probably find posts by most of us in this forum stating that while we hate Brady and the Pats, we respect the GOAT.  And still hate him anyway.  I'm a Dolphins fan and therefore my favorite QB of all time is Marino.  I have a text convo with all my RI buddies that are Pats fans and I take a lot of sh*t about Marino having 0 rings and whatever.  I fire back about 'Tom DeFlatey' and 'Bill Belicheat' - we enjoy the banter.  I feel like you don't really enjoy it and it gets to you.  I suggest not bothering to engage, then.

12 minutes ago, Verbal said:

^ and by "most of us", I definitely don't mean 80, lol

80 has all the pat delusion of a true Jets homer but is actually able to make a reasonably unbiased assessment of the roster and coaching here. 

He's a rare half homer

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, CTM said:

80 has all the pat delusion of a true Jets homer but is actually able to make a reasonably unbiased assessment of the roster and coaching here. 

He's a rare half homer

I don't think someone calling Brady and the Pats cheaters, regardless of the team they root for, should make anyone a partial homer.  Those are statements of fact.  They cheated.  They got caught 3x.  Maybe I have irrational hatred of Brady/Belichick, but its based on factual info. 

I don't hate other guys who beat the Jets senseless over the years, such as Dan Marino, nearly as much as I hate Brady/Belichick.  Being a great player deserves respect.  Having a 20-year career marred by cheating does not, because all of that success comes under question.  Think anyone is calling someone a "homer" for calling the Astros' titles questionable, merely because they're, say, a fan of the Rangers, Angels, Cardinals, or any other team that's been in Houston's division before or been beaten by Houston in the playoffs?

Thanks for the half compliment though, lol.  

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The difference is guys like, say, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens both would have been 1st-ballot HOFers had they never touched PEDs.  And even so, they aren't in the HOF because they arrogantly cheated.  

But Brady's team has cheated from the start, marring his entire career.   Yet at the same time, Brady is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer.  Even though everyone knows the Patriots cheated for decades.  After all, they got caught.  3 times.  

I think maybe you're missing my point. Cheating aside, Brady is...what? 42 now? Playing as starting QB in the NFL. I don't care how many balls you deflate, how many drugs you take, or any other method of cheating the game you can think of and/or pin on him and anyone associated with him. YOU couldn't do what he does on your best day with all those advantages. I couldn't either I'm not trying to put specifically you or anyone down. I am trying to say that despite anything else you're still not giving the man his due because you can't see past all the other stuff.

If Brady/Belichick were so good at their jobs, why cheat, and so often?  The last time they got caught it came against the Bengals, the worst team in the league.  They didn't NEED to cheat to beat them.  But they did it anways, because it's what they do.  It's part of their identity.  

It's funny you should say that because I believe people who are good have more incentive to cheat than people who are bad. It's a character flaw in them. In my experience people who are good at something, like really good, have this thing where they HATE losing more than they enjoy winning. They hate it more than anything you have ever hated. They hate themselves, they hate their team, they hate the ball, the refs (depending on the game of course). When they lose it's like the end of the world every time. And that's what drives them to be so good is this extreme hatred of losing. So obviously this can be a very easy path to cheating. I have known people in real life who were very good at certain things (bowling, video games) but they hated losing so much they would cheat. It doesn't mean these people are bad (well, ethically maybe) it usually means they cared so much they were willing to do anything to win. I'm not condoning it but I don't try to minimize or make light of the skill these people have which is what I feel like you guys are trying to do.

Brady came into the league as a shrimp with limited athletic ability.  Certainly he became a starter through sheer will and strong play.  But it only becomes easier to do your job as a QB when you know what plays the other team is calling. 

Like I said, the Patriots have been doing this stuff for two decades.  It's not like Brady racked up some nice numbers and THEN the Pats started cheating.  This has been going on since at LEAST the Patriots' first Super Bowl season.  

So when your entire career is marred by a cheating franchise, yeah, I'm not going to give Brady credit for "greatness".  The kind of cheating his organization did tipped the balance of the league.  That kind of cheating is less acceptable than PEDs, especially in the NFL where that stuff is rampant. 

What the Patriots did is a lot closer to what the Astros have been up to in the MLB.  Those Astros titles will be tainted for the rest of MLB history.  

Brady/NE defenders whine that they always have to hear about the cheating and they get tired of it.  Well, the fans of the other 31 NFL teams are tired of the unlevel playing field that's been going on for 20 years.  So you're going to continue to hear about it, and get laughed at when you call Brady an all-time great.  Don't blame us, blame the Patriots.

I mean yeah I still think he is one of the greatest even with the cheating. Yes it tipped the scales but if you took a lesser QB and gave them those same advantages you wouldn't see the performance you see out of Brady. I know it's hard to step back and see it that way because you're much more invested in NFL than I am but you have to see that all these advantages don't make up for raw skill which Brady still has despite a marred record.

18 hours ago, Verbal said:

Listen, Nol.  I like you.  You're a fun guy to play mafia with and get nerdy in random discussions with.

That said, I'm gonna tell you a fact - you have the thinnest skin of anybody in this thread. 

You really think that? Come on you know me. I tend to get less rankled than most people in an argument and I'm not upset even now. I'm just putting all jokes aside for just a minute and telling you all like it is. Everytime I bring up Brady for...what like 3 years now? You all come in and sh*t on him. And it's like haha yeah everyone hates Tom Brady what a funny meme. And I roll with it. Hell I made a game out of the gimmick so I don't know where you get off calling me thin skinned. This time I decided to put the joke aside and say hey, come on now guys, all joking aside, he's still pretty good. And you wont even admit it. So I mean who has the thin skin here?

If you want to make it personal with sh*t like "more about your character" and stuff, you're going to come out on the losing end. 

I mean I'm sorry but that's what you guys are showing here. You're acting sh*tty and not giving the guy even a modicum of credit. Just say he's a good athlete who has a bad record of cheating and be done with it. But every opportunity you have to do so you wont. So I think that does say something about your character. Mostly that you all are stubborn. I mean I know we're just internet friends here but we've all known each other over half a decade now (longer in some cases). If I can't tell you what I think about the way you're acting then whats the point? Why do we ever even talk outside a mafia game? Just say "**** you I don't care what you think" and be done with it and don't worry I wont make anything personal again.

I can probably find posts by most of us in this forum stating that while we hate Brady and the Pats, we respect the GOAT.  And still hate him anyway. 

If this is true then why don't you just do it right now one more time?

Why is it only when I bring him up you wont do it?

I'm a Dolphins fan and therefore my favorite QB of all time is Marino.  I have a text convo with all my RI buddies that are Pats fans and I take a lot of sh*t about Marino having 0 rings and whatever.  I fire back about 'Tom DeFlatey' and 'Bill Belicheat' - we enjoy the banter.  I feel like you don't really enjoy it and it gets to you.  I suggest not bothering to engage, then.

Again I made a mafia game for the sole purpose of sh*tting on Brady and the Pats so I think you are way off base about the banter. 

You know what. It's fine. You hate Brady you don't hate Brady. Whatever guys. Like I said I think it's just dumb you wont give him the credit I think he's due as a star athlete but supposedly you all do. So good for you. I'm sorry if I said anything too negative or personal about you all. I'll drop it now. 

38 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I think maybe you're missing my point. Cheating aside, Brady is...what? 42 now? Playing as starting QB in the NFL. I don't care how many balls you deflate, how many drugs you take, or any other method of cheating the game you can think of and/or pin on him and anyone associated with him. YOU couldn't do what he does on your best day with all those advantages. I couldn't either I'm not trying to put specifically you or anyone down. I am trying to say that despite anything else you're still not giving the man his due because you can't see past all the other stuff.

It's funny you should say that because I believe people who are good have more incentive to cheat than people who are bad. It's a character flaw in them. In my experience people who are good at something, like really good, have this thing where they HATE losing more than they enjoy winning. They hate it more than anything you have ever hated. They hate themselves, they hate their team, they hate the ball, the refs (depending on the game of course). When they lose it's like the end of the world every time. And that's what drives them to be so good is this extreme hatred of losing. So obviously this can be a very easy path to cheating. I have known people in real life who were very good at certain things (bowling, video games) but they hated losing so much they would cheat. It doesn't mean these people are bad (well, ethically maybe) it usually means they cared so much they were willing to do anything to win. I'm not condoning it but I don't try to minimize or make light of the skill these people have which is what I feel like you guys are trying to do.

I mean yeah I still think he is one of the greatest even with the cheating. Yes it tipped the scales but if you took a lesser QB and gave them those same advantages you wouldn't see the performance you see out of Brady. I know it's hard to step back and see it that way because you're much more invested in NFL than I am but you have to see that all these advantages don't make up for raw skill which Brady still has despite a marred record.

You really think that? Come on you know me. I tend to get less rankled than most people in an argument and I'm not upset even now. I'm just putting all jokes aside for just a minute and telling you all like it is. Everytime I bring up Brady for...what like 3 years now? You all come in and sh*t on him. And it's like haha yeah everyone hates Tom Brady what a funny meme. And I roll with it. Hell I made a game out of the gimmick so I don't know where you get off calling me thin skinned. This time I decided to put the joke aside and say hey, come on now guys, all joking aside, he's still pretty good. And you wont even admit it. So I mean who has the thin skin here?

I mean I'm sorry but that's what you guys are showing here. You're acting sh*tty and not giving the guy even a modicum of credit. Just say he's a good athlete who has a bad record of cheating and be done with it. But every opportunity you have to do so you wont. So I think that does say something about your character. Mostly that you all are stubborn. I mean I know we're just internet friends here but we've all known each other over half a decade now (longer in some cases). If I can't tell you what I think about the way you're acting then whats the point? Why do we ever even talk outside a mafia game? Just say "**** you I don't care what you think" and be done with it and don't worry I wont make anything personal again.

If this is true then why don't you just do it right now one more time?

Why is it only when I bring him up you wont do it?

Again I made a mafia game for the sole purpose of sh*tting on Brady and the Pats so I think you are way off base about the banter. 

Yeah I think you didn't actually read my post.  I said I acknowledged him as the GOAT, and then said "well not 80, lol" and you're still going at me here.

Again, 80 made a fun retort, you took it seriously and questioned all our 'character', and then you're being defensive and not actually reading my post when I fired back....even though I admitted to his skill even though I don't like him.

I mean, I'm not sure what else you're looking for.  Like I said, this isn't a conversation you're ever going to come out on top of, so why bother engaging?

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I think maybe you're missing my point. Cheating aside, Brady is...what? 42 now? Playing as starting QB in the NFL. I don't care how many balls you deflate, how many drugs you take, or any other method of cheating the game you can think of and/or pin on him and anyone associated with him. YOU couldn't do what he does on your best day with all those advantages.

Never said I could.  And I absolutely give him credit for working his way up from 6th round afterthought to # 2 QB behind Bledsoe, then taking advantage of his opportunity.  He made it so Belichick couldn't cut him, and could only promote him.  Similar to what Russell Wilson did in Seattle, except Wilson was a 3rd round pick, not a 6th rounder.

But from the moment he became an NFL starter, all bets are off on how much the cheating impacted his career success.  It could be 80 %.  It could be 20 %.  But it exists.  

That's what keeps him out of the GOAT conversation for me.  There were other great QBs who succeeded and excelled with far more legitimacy.  Sure, the Niners illegally circumvented the cap with Joe Montana.  But that played a much, much smaller role in his success as a QB than the cheating did for Brady.  

For instance, if it hadn't been for the Patriots' institutional cheating, my guess is Peyton Manning would have finished with at least 4 rings.  Brady would have anywhere from 0 to maybe 2 or 3.  0 if the cheating was largely responsible for his success.  Thus, I put Peyton over Brady.  

Look I'm not looking to piss you guys off and contrary to what you seem to think I'm not mad or upset (I'm not Tom Brady why would I be mad if you don't like Tom Brady that makes no sense). You keep saying that people are giving fun retorts and making jokes and whatnot and I am saying ok you do that all the time but for one second let's put it aside and just admit he's a good player and it seems like none of you are willing to do that and I think that's kinda sh*tty of you that's all. 

Like you're saying I'm being defensive and that you admitted he's got skill...but that's NOT what you did at all. You said you can "probably find" posts where you've said it. You didn't actually say it. Which is like a total LOL moment to me. You're asking me what I'm looking for but I feel like I've been pretty clear this whole time. Just give the guy his due just the one time that's all. I didn't think it was that hard but I guess so. Fine. Don't say it. Whatever. This is why I keep saying I think this whole conversation reflects more on you guys than on Brady (or me?). It's fine. Obviously this is somehow a rough subject so let's just drop it. I don't want to fight with you all about Tom ******* Brady of all the things in this stupid world we could fight about and I'm sure you all feel the same. I'm sorry I brought it up and obviously I am in the minority here in thinking he doesn't get enough respect despite all the cheating and all that. I wont bring it up again.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's what keeps him out of the GOAT conversation for me.  There were other great QBs who did it with far more legitimacy.  Sure, the Niners illegally circumvented the cap with Joe Montana.  But that played a much, much smaller role in his success as a QB than the cheating did for Brady.  

Just, on another subject which is much more interesting than Brady, do you ever wonder how older stars would fare today or how todays stars would fare in the past? The rules have changed a lot even just in the past few years. I think it's kind of unfair to compare todays GOATS to the pasts GOATS imho because they played in different eras.

I mean even without bringing rules into the discussion take the late Kobe Bryant as an example. He dominated for years because no one was really in the same league as him. He had very little actual competition for a long time. Compare this to Michael Jordan's era where there were a lot of great players and he was still the best. Would Kobe have done as well if he was around during MJ's time? I don't think so. So you can only really judge a player by their current rule set and their peers imo. The era in which you play matters a lot I think. Much more so than records which is what so many people obsess over.

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Just, on another subject which is much more interesting than Brady, do you ever wonder how older stars would fare today or how todays stars would fare in the past? The rules have changed a lot even just in the past few years. I think it's kind of unfair to compare todays GOATS to the pasts GOATS imho because they played in different eras.

I mean even without bringing rules into the discussion take the late Kobe Bryant as an example. He dominated for years because no one was really in the same league as him. He had very little actual competition for a long time. Compare this to Michael Jordan's era where there were a lot of great players and he was still the best. Would Kobe have done as well if he was around during MJ's time? I don't think so. So you can only really judge a player by their current rule set and their peers imo. The era in which you play matters a lot I think. Much more so than records which is what so many people obsess over.

Yeah, its a compelling argument.  I think Joe Namath gets looked at in too negative a light by statisticians because they fail to recognize that CB's could mug the receivers up and down the field.  Plus nearly all throws were deep bombs; it wasn't until the 80s that short/intermediary passes became a thing.  

But that's what kind of makes it fun for me.  Imagining Johnny Unitas playing now, or how some of the baby QB's today would handle getting massacred by Butkus or Jack Lambert.  

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, the Niners illegally circumvented the cap with Joe Montana.  But that played a much, much smaller role in his success as a QB than the cheating did for Brady. 

prove it

also, Montana had the luxury of playing for a coach who ushered in the modern era of football and was replaced by a guy who was essentially just as effective. 

All these guys have knocks.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

prove it

also, Montana had the luxury of playing for a coach who ushered in the modern era of football and was replaced by a guy who was essentially just as effective. 

All these guys have knocks.

I'm not going to punish as heavily for innovation as institutional cheating to gain intel.  You can't call what the Patriots did "innovation".  Much like the Astros, they knew what plays were coming.  

Having a better team and HC than anyone else is a very nice edge to have.  But knowing exactly what the opponent is about to do before they do it is a completely different level advantage, and puts an asterisk on the achievement that the former kind of "cheating" does.

You can overcome the "better team".  You can't overcome the team that is illegally using technology to know exactly what you're about to do.  

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How is that different than the Astros?  The Astros only knew what pitches were coming.  Knowing what is about to happen up to 50 % of the game is an enormous and unfair advantage.  

Um, iut's not but it means Brady's stats weren't impacted, Beli's defenses's might of been

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Um, iut's not but it means Brady's stats weren't impacted, Beli's defenses's might of been

lol what?  The whole spygate scandal  was all about discovering the defense's signals. 

Spygate was an incident during the National Football League's (NFL) 2007 season, when the New England Patriots were disciplined by the league for videotaping New York Jets' defensive coaches' signals from an unauthorized location during a September 9, 2007 game.

The Bengals situation all we know from the report is they were taping the Cincy sideline.  I'm not sure if it was offense, defense or both, but those tapes were provided/reported by Jay Glazer so it would probably be easy to find out.  

Same with the Rams at the Super Bowl too, I don't think we know if it was offense, defense or both.  And the tapes were destroyed, of course.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  The whole spygate scandal  was all about discovering the defense's signals. 

Spygate was an incident during the National Football League's (NFL) 2007 season, when the New England Patriots were disciplined by the league for videotaping New York Jets' defensive coaches' signals from an unauthorized location during a September 9, 2007 game.

The Bengals situation all we know is they were taping the Cincy sideline.  I'm not sure if it was offense, defense or both, but those tapes were provided/reported by Jay Glazer so it would probably be easy to find out.  

Same with the Rams at the Super Bowl too, I don't think we know if it was offense, defense or both.  And the tapes were destroyed, of course.  

No, it was originally about filming the Rams and using it to shut down their high powered offense

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, we're assuming that if the Patriots have been video taping opposing team's offensive signals, they wouldn't also be video taping the defensive signals?

Yeah, right.

No, i'm assuming ya'll just a bunch of bitter ash jest fans who can't give credit where it's due

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, we're assuming that if the Patriots have been video taping opposing team's offensive signals, they wouldn't also be video taping the defensive signals?

Yeah, right.

Come on Spoot.  They had to draw the line on their cheating SOMEWHERE. 

Their owner got handies from sex trafficked women, their QB cheated on his pregnant wife, and the HC is Satan himself.  But they're not animals.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

No, it was originally about filming the Rams and using it to shut down their high powered offense

Well like I just posted, the Jets one was all about the Defense.  So we know they were doing that too.  Whatever nefarious means by which they could get an edge using technology, they went for it.  That much is clear.  They don't deserve any benefit of the doubt. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Well like I just posted, the Jets one was all about the Defense.  So we know they were doing that too.  Whatever nefarious means by which they could get an edge using technology, they went for it.  That much is clear.  

oh ok.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Defending the Patriots and Tom Brady.

You truly are the Ruinous One.

It's a no lose position. Ultimately i don't care about either of them nor your opinions of them,  + I get to annoy you guys. win/win