Mafia forum off season chat thread

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I ignored it like when your sitting next to a stranger on the metro and they start telling you best thing they ever did was start drinking their own urine. 

We all have heard that one before, many times 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2018 at 1:33 AM, Nolder said:

@The Crusher 

Tank update. My betta died and all my tetras are dead. I think I overfed the betta and not sure why the tetras died. The sole survivor is one of a pair of Panda Cory Catfish. I decided it would be stupid to just have 1 catfish in the tank so I got him a new friend.

A juvenile Jack Dempsey. 

tPgl8xR.jpg

RIP ?

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whatever it is causing you strife hope it levels off soon.  And if not, JN Mafia is there for an outlet!  lol

Lol no I’m doing pretty good actually I was just messing with Nolder. I went thru some sh*t last year and went AWOL for a bit which is what he’s talking about 

looking forward to playing again with you guys though! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, A.J. said:

My mom but yeah. I’m doing good though man, can’t complain. Just been getting the urge for Mafia again lol

Right, sorry I think I got the parent mixed up with someone else online who recentlyish lost their dad. 

Anyway glad to see you ready to play again.

I have a game idea but idk if anyone else wants next.

I had an idea for next game if/when we have a high roster with lots of new players. How about instead of one large game, we run two smaller mid-size games with even parts vet and noob? Might be easier to break people in to Mafia if the games are more manageable, and we can find two people willing to mod.

Food for thought.

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I had an idea for next game if/when we have a high roster with lots of new players. How about instead of one large game, we run two smaller mid-size games with even parts vet and noob? Might be easier to break people in to Mafia if the games are more manageable, and we can find two people willing to mod.

Food for thought.

I once had a concept similar to this although I can't remember if I ever actually did it or not. Pretty sure I didn't though.

It was based on Matrix Revolutions since IIRC I had already done a Matrix and Matrix Reloaded game.

The idea was there would be two simultaneous games, one representing The Matrix and one representing Zion in The Real World. 

Certain players would be able to "travel" between games during the Night if the chose to do so (jacking in and out of the Matrix). 

Some of these players would be Town, some would be Mafia, and maybe there would even be a 3rd party.

In order for Town to win they had to win both games. If they won in the Matrix but lost in Zion or vis versa then it's an overall loss whereas the Machines/Programs only had to win in one to call it a victory.

Besides being inherently unfair to Town and a nightmare to even begin to balance with the roles I also wanted a minimum of 20 players (10 per game) and that's hard to do even when our mafia communities were fairly active and lively.

I still think this is an extremely cool idea but I have no interest in ever trying to run it anymore.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Food for thought.

We've had enough trouble getting a mod to run a game and for people to play with even moderate activity.  Now you want 2 mods and 2 games going simultaneously?  

Good luck with that, lol.  Let's start with getting someone (other than Nolder or Leelou) to commit to running the next game first so we can continue rolling off the momentum of the current game.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We've had enough trouble getting a mod to run a game and for people to play with even moderate activity.  Now you want 2 mods and 2 games going simultaneously?  

Good luck with that, lol.  Let's start with getting someone (other than Nolder or Leelou) to commit to running the next game first so we can continue rolling off the momentum of the current game.

Yeah, the kicker would be finding an extra mod, which would mean 1 less player, but we were able to have a roster of 21 players in the game now. Not much of a difference to have 2 games of 10 players each. Might make it easier to for people to keep up and participate, theoretically might increase the level of participation.

I would suggest keeping the games smaller and ~simple for a few rounds so the newer crop has time to get their sea legs. Another 2-3 games should be decent experience with game dynamics and different role sets before hitting them with the weird sh*t.

just my 2c

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I would suggest keeping the games smaller and ~simple for a few rounds so the newer crop has time to get their sea legs. Another 2-3 games should be decent experience with game dynamics and different role sets before hitting them with the weird sh*t.

just my 2c

^^This was exactly my point of the 2 concurrent running smaller games. Keep it smaller to make it easier, but have 2 games so that more people can keep playing and not loose interest.