Mafia forum off season chat thread

Excuse me, I played Pokemon when it was first released in the United States in September 1998 (rented it from Blockbuster then I got Blue version for Christmas) which would make me 8 years old. Thank you very much. I would have been 13 when Ruby and Sapphire (3rd gen) was released but as a matter of fact didn't play it until...probably 2010ish when I got Emerald version. Please get your Pokemon facts right people!

Hi guys

For those interested, the finale of the Mafia Championship Season 3 ended a bit over a week ago, and you can read the game here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop

In the end, the townies took down the victory, and Whiskeyjack from the westeros community was crowned the ultimate champion :)

Interest in a hydra event?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event", so it's finally gonna happen. If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send one or multiple hydras of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun :)

So maybe your community would also be interested in this. If so and if you're wanting to play and have a partner, please send me a PM on this site within the next couple of weeks. I'll check back then and give you more information. Alternatively, you don't need to, but if you want, you can also go ahead and directly sign up in this thread, which also has a bit more info: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3597-Hydra-Event-2016

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I'm in the mood to play a game actually. Is there anyone here who isn't quite ready for football season that would like to hydra with me?

@JiF @Jetsfan80 @Smashmouth?

I want to do anything I can with you.  But the company you've chose as a possible back up to me has me very upset. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe @Thingyman will let JN have two hydra accounts if we can get 4 people?

BTW Jif I just listed the people I thought might have time and/or inclination to do it. Ape always says he's busy even when he posts for 12 hours straight, CTM is MIA as is Hess, Crusher just played in my game on DM so I didn't want to bug him, so...idk. 

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'm in the mood to play a game actually. Is there anyone here who isn't quite ready for football season that would like to hydra with me?

@JiF @Jetsfan80 @Smashmouth?

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I want to do anything I can with you.  But the company you've chose as a possible back up to me has me very upset. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm down.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

BTW Jif I just listed the people I thought might have time and/or inclination to do it. Ape always says he's busy even when he posts for 12 hours straight, CTM is MIA as is Hess, Crusher just played in my game on DM so I didn't want to bug him, so...idk. 

I can't, unfortunately. Too much going on these days. Thank you for asking. Best regards, LK.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Absolutely, not a problem :)

Game start will be between end Sept and mid Oct. A Doodle will be sent out to ensure you're scheduled for a time that suits you well.

Mmm...that timing doesn't have me super excited. I would personally rather play sooner rather than later.

I know I want to play now, I dunno how I'll feel in October you know?

What do you guys think? Is that too far in/too close to football season for you?

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Mmm...that timing doesn't have me super excited. I would personally rather play sooner rather than later.

I know I want to play now, I dunno how I'll feel in October you know?

What do you guys think? Is that too far in/too close to football season for you?

Yeah, that time sucks for me.  

Have fun baby doll

On 9/1/2016 at 4:58 PM, The Crusher said:

AVM. What about CTM?  Dude is like gone, gone.

Just double checked because his disappearance is concerning but according to Linkendin and his Co's website he still has the same position. 

My guess is he got spooked for some reason that someone might have figured out who he is.  *shrug*

He needs to return or I'm going to email his work.

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just double checked because his disappearance is concerning but according to Linkendin and his Co's website he still has the same position. 

My guess is he got spooked for some reason that someone might have figured out who he is.  *shrug*

Just hope the filthy hippie pig is ok.  I miss him. 

On 9/1/2016 at 4:58 PM, The Crusher said:

AVM. What about CTM?  Dude is like gone, gone.

20 hours ago, Pac said:

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Just hope the filthy hippie pig is ok.  I miss him. 

I literally popped in here just to see if anyone had heard from him.

Same, hope he's okay. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I literally popped in here just to see if anyone had heard from him.

Same, hope he's okay. 

No idea.  Just seems odd.  Yet. Haven't looked to see last time he checked in.  I notice myself looking down my glasses at new posters thinking it might be him as an alt.  Wish he would be obvious like choosing a screen name like "HIppyfag4ever"

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No idea.  Just seems odd.  Yet. Haven't looked to see last time he checked in.  I notice myself looking down my glasses at new posters thinking it might be him as an alt.  Wish he would be obvious like choosing a screen name like "HIppyfag4ever"

None of the new folks have argued with me incessantly, which has me leaning that none of them are him.

• Upvote 2

On 9/1/2016 at 4:16 PM, JiF said:

Is AVM alive?  Does anyone know him?  His disappearance has me nervous. 

Sorry (and for disappearing at the end of the game) -- work is sending me all over the place.  DC, London, Nepal and possibly Germany & Kenya coming up.  Everything happened kind of fast...but sorry for not checking in.  I did speak to Leelou briefly on FB so thanks to her for relaying the message earlier...but all is well and great!

On 9/5/2016 at 2:11 PM, Pac said:

:rl: I know you're joking, but you all are welcome to add me on social media -- I've already got several and talk to Leelou on a semi-regular basis (though not as much lately).

As for my role, it's still technically the same until December 1.  Still not sure what exactly it'll be come 12/1, we're still working on that.

Hope you all are doing great and that CTM is okay.  I'll probably check in on game threads on game days but for the most part I don't expect to be around at least through October.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

Sorry (and for disappearing at the end of the game) -- work is sending me all over the place.  DC, London, Nepal and possibly Germany & Kenya coming up.  Everything happened kind of fast...but sorry for not checking in.  I did speak to Leelou briefly on FB so thanks to her for relaying the message earlier...but all is well and great!

:rl: I know you're joking, but you all are welcome to add me on social media -- I've already got several and talk to Leelou on a semi-regular basis (though not as much lately).

As for my role, it's still technically the same until December 1.  Still not sure what exactly it'll be come 12/1, we're still working on that.

Hope you all are doing great and that CTM is okay.  I'll probably check in on game threads on game days but for the most part I don't expect to be around at least through October.

Glad your ok.  I was worried.  But I dont feel sorry for you because you're traveling the world.  Penis.

Oh yeah, we won. hahahahaha

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

Jets must be disappointing them already. 

Sounds like a bad blind date.

You're expecting someone hot and successful and instead it's a smelly green three toed creature with spikes on it's back.

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

• Upvote 2