General NFL 2013-2014 predictions:

SenorGato

Underrated:

Panthers - Big Cam Newton fan and their underrated DL added arguably the best player in the draft last year.

Jets - If Morhinweg can design, gameplan, and call a passing game they can win 10+. 

Cardinals - Palmer isn't finished and Larry Fitzgerald, Darnell Dockett, Calais Campbell, and Patrick Peterson is an awful lot of elite talent.

Bills - Defense could be very good. Spiller needs to stay healthy on offense. 

Overrated:

Bengals - They have plenty of talent to go either way but I lean overrated.

Redskins - The OLBs Orakpo and Kerrigan carry an otherwise old or mediocre D. 

Ravens - The D still has Suggs and Ngata, but otherwise I'm not impressed. Dumervil could be big THO.

- Kyle Rudolph and Greg Jennings give Peterson a break and the Vikings a passing game. Rudolph is a top tier TE.

- The Bills might have a monster pass D developing led by Jairus Byrd. 

- The Cowboys continue to waste Ware by not winning games.

- The Titans don't suck. 

-The Patriots will score 500 points for the fourth straight years despite losing 75% of their receptions from last year.  And still remain on three rings.

-Denver and Peyton will come up short...again.  And it will be the D's fault.  Mostly.

-Tony Romo is going to win a playoff game.  And Dallas will make the Superbowl beating the Eagles as his O overcomes that D, but not the bid D of Dallas.

-I am on the Chiefs bandwagon with Lionel.  They will meet the Texans for the AFC Championship.  Texans will come up short of an all-Texas Superbowl in Jersey.

-And Andy and Alex will win their rings after being scapegoated last year.

Im predicting 4-12 Jets because they have absolutley no offense to speak of. The Defense can't do all the work. Geno Smith will probably struggle as a rookie quarterback. The first 4 games of the season are winnable the middle of the schedule is brutal against all elite nfl teams. The 2nd half of the Jets schedule is navigatible. This is probably Rex Ryans final season as a jets coach because another losing record won't be tolerated from Idzik and the owner. I hope I'm wrong about the jets this season.This seasons going to be rough on rex ryans jets.

-The Patriots will score 500 points for the fourth straight years despite losing 75% of their receptions from last year.  And still remain on three rings.

-Denver and Peyton will come up short...again.  And it will be the D's fault.  Mostly.

-Tony Romo is going to win a playoff game.  And Dallas will make the Superbowl beating the Eagles as his O overcomes that D, but not the bid D of Dallas.

-I am on the Chiefs bandwagon with Lionel.  They will meet the Texans for the AFC Championship.  Texans will come up short of an all-Texas Superbowl in Jersey.

-And Andy and Alex will win their rings after being scapegoated last year.

The Chiefs in the Super Bowl? Tell me, what is it like to smoke crack?

Cardinals - Palmer isn't finished and Larry Fitzgerald, Darnell Dockett, Calais Campbell, and Patrick Peterson is an awful lot of elite talent.

Me and you were one of the few that had Campbell rated high.

I got destroyed for having the Jets drafting him in my mock. For those of you who forgot we took VG.

Oh and there's no chance in hell the Jets win 10 games are you nuts?

I'll be happy if they win 8, I'm thinking more around 5.

The Chiefs in the Super Bowl? Tell me, what is it like to smoke crack?

Why not them?

Who in the AFC can you look at, like you do for the Seahawks and 49ers, and say they will defientely be in the playoffs and will go deep in the playoffs?  Nobody.

Patriots - Playoffs?  Yes.  While I like what they have done on offense, their offense is unknown and their D is unknkown as well. 

Ravens - Playoffs?  Probably (deep division), but they lost a lot on D in leaddershhip and will still be good, but can Flacco duplicate his performance?  Probably not. 

Steelers - Playoffs?  Are they the third team in a pretty good division?  Probably.  

Bengals - Are they going to take the next step?  Or will they be this decade's Chargers?  Always good and talented, but something seems to derail them every year.

Texans - This is my vote for this decade's Chargers.  I get them being lost in the big lights during the first Patriots' game, but getting rolled in the playoffs as well is kind of telling. 

Colts - Clearly heading in the right direction with Luck and might be the best team inthe AFC in a few years, but there D was horrible last year.  Is it any better?  It is a lot better.

Broncos - They will score plenty of points, but Dummervil is gone.  Miller is suspended for six games.  They are going to give up a lot as well.

Why the Chiefs?   Andy Reid is a good coach.  Alex Smith will be an improvement over the Cassell/Quinn debacle.  There is talent there, but their coaching over the last few years has been a joke. 

In a conference with no great teams, similar to the AFC of the 80s and early 90s, the Chiefs could easily rise.

Division Winners

AFC EAST- PATS

AFC WEST-BRONCOS

AFC NORTH-BUNGLES

AFC SOUTH- TEXANS

AFC WILD CARD-RAVENS

AFC WILD CARD-CHIEFS

NFC EAST- GIANTS

NFC WEST- 49ERS

NFC SOUTH- FALCONS

NFC NORTH- PACKERS

NFC WILD CARD- SEAHWAKS

NFC WILD CARD- SAINTS

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME- RAVENS OVER PATS

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME- FALCONS OVER PACKERS

SUPERBOWL- FALCONS OVER RAVENS

NFL MVP- MATT RYAN

DEF PLAYER OF THE YEAR- LUKE KEUCKLY

OFF ROOKIE OF THE YEAR- EDDIE LACY

DEF ROOKIE OF THE YEAR- SHELDON RICHARDSON

COACH OF THE YEAR- MIKE SMITH

JETS FINISH 8-8. REX KEEPS HIS JOB EVEN THOUGH HE WAS SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR 2 GAMES FOR FINALLY GOING APE SH'T AND TEABAGGING  ONE OF THE NY JETS BEAT REPORTERS

Why not them?

Who in the AFC can you look at, like you do for the Seahawks and 49ers, and say they will defientely be in the playoffs and will go deep in the playoffs?  Nobody.

Patriots - Playoffs?  Yes.  While I like what they have done on offense, their offense is unknown and their D is unknkown as well. 

Ravens - Playoffs?  Probably (deep division), but they lost a lot on D in leaddershhip and will still be good, but can Flacco duplicate his performance?  Probably not. 

Steelers - Playoffs?  Are they the third team in a pretty good division?  Probably.  

Bengals - Are they going to take the next step?  Or will they be this decade's Chargers?  Always good and talented, but something seems to derail them every year.

Texans - This is my vote for this decade's Chargers.  I get them being lost in the big lights during the first Patriots' game, but getting rolled in the playoffs as well is kind of telling. 

Colts - Clearly heading in the right direction with Luck and might be the best team inthe AFC in a few years, but there D was horrible last year.  Is it any better?  It is a lot better.

Broncos - They will score plenty of points, but Dummervil is gone.  Miller is suspended for six games.  They are going to give up a lot as well.

Why the Chiefs?   Andy Reid is a good coach.  Alex Smith will be an improvement over the Cassell/Quinn debacle.  There is talent there, but their coaching over the last few years has been a joke. 

In a conference with no great teams, similar to the AFC of the 80s and early 90s, the Chiefs could easily rise.

Mmmmhmm, sure they could, (pats PFSIKH on the head and walks away.)

I predict that the Jets will give us false hope at some point in the season, and the board will erupt. I predict that the following week they will fail miserably and no less than 20 posters will claim that they are finished with the Jets (myself included). The week after that, everyone who claimed they were done with the Jets will be back.

I will stick to the afc east.

Pats: 12-4, #2 seed

Their defense is unlikely to be worse than last year, and there is reason to think it could improve. They will lose a couple winnable games, as well as lose at least heartbreaker against a good team due to a rookie fumble or defensive lapse. The offense will run a lot of plays and score a lot of points, despite all the rookie receivers.

Dolphins: 8-8

Tanehill will be improved, though basically be average. Miller will not live up to his draft hype, but will be serviceable. The defense will match/exceed expectations, with Wake having an excellent year. The team will lose close games against good teams, win at least one game against a good team who has an off day (the pats, probably) but will not be able to separate themselves from the pack in any way.

Jets: 6-10

Geno will be at least as good as Sanchez would have been. The defense will be solid, but not spectacular, and will keep them in games. Geno will win two games with some rookie magic, but will also have a handful of 2-3 turnover games. Jets get swept by the pats with one close game, one blowout. Jets sweep the bills, split with the dolphins.

Bills: 5-11

EJ will have a slightly better statistical year than Geno, but the bills defense will be putrid. The won't be able to stop the run or the pass. At least three teams will put up 200+ yards rushing against them. Geno will have at least o e of his offensive explosions against the Bills. The bills will split with the fish, but be swept by both the Jets and Pats.

Archived