Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AL Manager of the year?

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Who you got? One of the 4 contenders in the AL East? Leyland? Melvin? Lots of deserving candidates. I'm sure it'll be decided over the next month, but interesting how it will shake out to say the least. 

Posted · Report post

Farrell, since he has cleaned up Bobby V's mess.

Girardi: I am going to hedge this by saying "If the Yankees get to the post season. He fielded a triple-a lineup most of the season and has not gotten the years he expected from CC and Pettitte.

Posted · Report post

IMHO it is a two horse race.  Farrell and Yost.

Leyland and Melvin have kept the ball rolling.

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

Posted · Report post

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

This sounds about right to me. Farrel's job wasn't as tough as some make it sound. Bobby V took the bullet last year during the cleanup, which I think was the plan all along. Farrell got a team in pretty good order and, to be fair, has done just fine with it.

Yost is my pick.

I have a Yankees fan friend who insists it's Girardi, making the same argument Shawn does above. I don't see it.

Posted · Report post

Farrell, since he has cleaned up Bobby V's mess.

Girardi: I am going to hedge this by saying "If the Yankees get to the post season. He fielded a triple-a lineup most of the season and has not gotten the years he expected from CC and Pettitte.

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.

Posted · Report post

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.

Yup and it is a beautiful thing to see.

Posted · Report post

Do the Royals have to make the playoffs for Yost to win?

Posted · Report post

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

Posted · Report post

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

I am still going Yost, but seeing the Jays struggle makes me believe not all the issues there were Farrell's fault. 

As Bob said about Bobby, that steaming turd of a 2012 season was not entirely Bobby's fault.

Posted · Report post

lmao at this homer

Posted · Report post

lmao at this homer

As a Sox fan, I went with the KC Manager as the award winner and I am a homer?  Are you a full blown dee da dee? 

Posted · Report post

Bob Melvin again, that roster, and Cespedes isn't really doing a ton this year, nor is Reddick. 

He's awesome and the A's are someone you don't wanna see in October with their pitching. 

Posted · Report post

Red Sox go worst to first. Going to be tough to top Farrell.

Posted · Report post

Carl picked the Red Sox manager. I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

Posted · Report post

Really Bob? I never said that was my choice. I merely said it was going to be tough to top him. I still think Yost has a chance if the Royals make it and maybe even if they don't.

Posted · Report post

That's my thinking too. They drastically reduced payroll by signing mid level FA and good character players . Nothing was expected of the Sox this year. A .500 record would have been great till "the kids" arrived. Instead we're the best team in MLB, quite an accomplishment I'd say.

Posted · Report post

You still have on your Yankees only glasses .... I'M SHOCKED.

Posted · Report post

If Cleveland gets in, Tito is a serious candidate. Going to be an interesting last week.

Posted · Report post

Why the hell were the Yankees treating an elimination game like a party yesterday?

Posted · Report post

You still have on your Yankees only glasses .... I'M SHOCKED.

I picked the Royals manager. What has that got to do with the Yankees?

Posted · Report post

If Cleveland gets in, Tito is a serious candidate. Going to be an interesting last week.

Tito has done a great job, just as he did in Boston. I wish the Yankees had grabbed him when he was available.

Posted · Report post

Totally for got about Tito.  I would put him in the lead over Yost by a hair.