• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Who you got? One of the 4 contenders in the AL East? Leyland? Melvin? Lots of deserving candidates. I'm sure it'll be decided over the next month, but interesting how it will shake out to say the least. 

#2 shawn306

shawn306

Arbitration Eligible

• Members
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Farrell, since he has cleaned up Bobby V's mess.

Girardi: I am going to hedge this by saying "If the Yankees get to the post season. He fielded a triple-a lineup most of the season and has not gotten the years he expected from CC and Pettitte.

Posted Image

#3 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,090 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

IMHO it is a two horse race.  Farrell and Yost.

Leyland and Melvin have kept the ball rolling.

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#4 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

This sounds about right to me. Farrel's job wasn't as tough as some make it sound. Bobby V took the bullet last year during the cleanup, which I think was the plan all along. Farrell got a team in pretty good order and, to be fair, has done just fine with it.

Yost is my pick.

I have a Yankees fan friend who insists it's Girardi, making the same argument Shawn does above. I don't see it.

Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Farrell, since he has cleaned up Bobby V's mess.

Girardi: I am going to hedge this by saying "If the Yankees get to the post season. He fielded a triple-a lineup most of the season and has not gotten the years he expected from CC and Pettitte.

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 shawn306

shawn306

Arbitration Eligible

• Members
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.

Yup and it is a beautiful thing to see.

Posted Image

#7 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Do the Royals have to make the playoffs for Yost to win?

#8 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
ALABAMA . 15 time NATIONAL CHAMPIONS . ROLL TIDE !!

#9 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,090 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

I am still going Yost, but seeing the Jays struggle makes me believe not all the issues there were Farrell's fault. 

As Bob said about Bobby, that steaming turd of a 2012 season was not entirely Bobby's fault.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#10 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

lmao at this homer

"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#11 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,090 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

lmao at this homer

As a Sox fan, I went with the KC Manager as the award winner and I am a homer?  Are you a full blown dee da dee? 

Eagle Honors

#12 SweetLee83

SweetLee83

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Bob Melvin again, that roster, and Cespedes isn't really doing a ton this year, nor is Reddick. 

He's awesome and the A's are someone you don't wanna see in October with their pitching. 

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Red Sox go worst to first. Going to be tough to top Farrell.

#14 Bob

Bob

• Members
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Carl picked the Red Sox manager. I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#15 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Really Bob? I never said that was my choice. I merely said it was going to be tough to top him. I still think Yost has a chance if the Royals make it and maybe even if they don't.

#16 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

That's my thinking too. They drastically reduced payroll by signing mid level FA and good character players . Nothing was expected of the Sox this year. A .500 record would have been great till "the kids" arrived. Instead we're the best team in MLB, quite an accomplishment I'd say.

Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

#17 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

You still have on your Yankees only glasses .... I'M SHOCKED.

#18 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

If Cleveland gets in, Tito is a serious candidate. Going to be an interesting last week.

#19 Matt39

Matt39

damn you're smooth

• Members
  • 20,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Why the hell were the Yankees treating an elimination game like a party yesterday?

#20 Bob

Bob

• Members
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

You still have on your Yankees only glasses .... I'M SHOCKED.

I picked the Royals manager. What has that got to do with the Yankees?

#21 Bob

Bob

• Members
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

If Cleveland gets in, Tito is a serious candidate. Going to be an interesting last week.

Tito has done a great job, just as he did in Boston. I wish the Yankees had grabbed him when he was available.

#22 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,090 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Totally for got about Tito.  I would put him in the lead over Yost by a hair. 

Eagle Honors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users