US vs. Mexico - Tuesday, 8 PM

Jetsfan80

Team USA suffered a setback tonight with a 3-1 loss @ Costa Rica, and now trail Costa Rica by 1 pt for 1st place in CONCACAF.

But that's nothing compared to what Mexico is going through.  By losing tonight to Honduras, 2-1, they are now in desperation territory with 3 matches left to play.  They sit in 4th place with just 8 points and face World Cup Qualifying elimination, something that was simply unthinkable before WC Qualifying began.

USA gets to put the final nail in the coffin for Mexico.  A victory over Mexico in Columbus Ohio Tuesday night could effectively end Mexico's chances.  

Blackout doesn't know what it is and these random sports forums mainly consist of him talking to himself or people laughing at Carl

The other sports' forum really has devolved; it needs more Falcon. I miss teh Falcon. You think he's almost done with his D1 playing days and setting up his website to come back and join us??

That was sweet.

Now, hopefully Panama can do the business in October. Who here doesn't like the idea of the Mexicans stuck at home while the US play in Brazil?

At best, Mexico can really only hope for 4th place and a trip to New Zealand for the "play-in" match.  USA, Costa Rica, and Honduras look safely in as the automatic qualifiers.  I don't know anything about New Zealand's team but this Mexico side doesn't look like they can beat anyone right now.

Nothing would make me happier than USA winning the Hex and Mexico missing the World Cup entirely.  It would be the first time since 1990 that Mexico misses the WC, and that was due to FIFA rules violations, not lackluster play.

Blackout doesn't know what it is and these random sports forums mainly consist of him talking to himself or people laughing at Carl

Blackout does not know anything, but he never uses that as an excuse to not opine.

Archived