Is it time for a logo & uniform change?

CobraVerde

i love the old school look dont get me wrong, but seeing us play the Bucs today reminded me of how when they changed their unis the franchise almost elevated overnight. Yes they had that historic defense but i feel the new logos they got really added to the dynamic. Same could be said for the Pats. They way i remember the Pats had their moments with the old white uniforms but i remember them sucking in those uniforms and when they changed the logo it was when they got Bledsoe Curtis and Parcells. In guessing the Jaguars and Dolphins are thinking the same thing. Change the logo and the mentality of the fan base to forget about the bad times.

I also think Geno just looks terrible in our uniform. Idk what it is but today the green and white unis and logo looked amateurish on our team....

OF COURSE KEEP THE GREEN & WHITE but why not go with a Top Gun Viper logo instead??? =D

IMG_0733_zps3ef7973b.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, yes it is time. I loved the classic uniforms through 2011, but the Nike version of Jet green just doesn't translate for whatever reason. We look like army men out there. It's really quite atrocious. Either liven up the color or go with something bold and new.

No, won't change the way they play, but I do think it can galvanize a franchise, usher in a new era, etc. We just look so blah out on the field with the grayish/brownish army green thing going on. The NFL is a visual spectacle. Gotta look the part.

LOL

The Jaguars changed their uniforms. It ushered in a 2 point opening day apparently.

LOL

The Jaguars changed their uniforms. It ushered in a 2 point opening day apparently.

Ha. Well, the Jags have changed their unis 5 times in the last 10 years. They're a desperate franchise just clinging to relevancy. But anyways we have the dullest look in the league at the moment. Liven the sh*t up, I say. Could be a rallying point. Believe it or not I do think the players feel good and/or bad about the way they look.

The Jets have some of the classiest uniforms in the league. Switching over to their own version of Flying Elvis would only serve to make them more of a joke.

Part of building a brand is having an identity. The Jets unis are part of their identity. And not for nothing, but since switching to the current unis in 1998 the Jets have been to the playoffs more than all but like 5 teams.

I hardly beleive that it can affect our performance on the field. But i would not dissagree if they changed the logo. That football is UGLY! The Jet or whatever is better. And i think that a good looking logo sells a lot and attracts new fans.

Ha. Well, the Jags have changed their unis 5 times in the last 10 years. They're a desperate franchise just clinging to relevancy. 

In all fairness to the Jags, how does one accurately capture the ambiance of the trailer park in a football uniform?

I just think the white uniforms are just too damn white...i prefer to see them in the all greens, which they seem to wear the least. At least do the green pants and white shirts bc the all white is just Fugly....they look like a bunch of marshmallows out there

The Jets look their best in their dress whites.

matt-snell.jpg

Ha. Well, the Jags have changed their unis 5 times in the last 10 years. They're a desperate franchise just clinging to relevancy. But anyways we have the dullest look in the league at the moment. Liven the sh*t up, I say. Could be a rallying point. Believe it or not I do think the players feel good and/or bad about the way they look.

LOL - you know what would liven sh*t up? Talent and wins. Players feel good about winning. The rest of what you are saying is probably the worst case I've seen made ever in one of these annual "let's change the uniforms" threads.

The Jets have some of the classiest uniforms in the league. Switching over to their own version of Flying Elvis would only serve to make them more of a joke.

This.

Part of building a brand is having an identity. The Jets unis are part of their identity. And not for nothing, but since switching to the current unis in 1998 the Jets have been to the playoffs more than all but like 5 teams.

This.

The Jets have done a good job with the Flight Crew outfits, the Aviators drumline and outfitting the stadium to work really well with the Jets classic uniforms. 

The only thing that needs to be changed is the quality of the team. From the standpoint of visual, uniform, outfit and environmental design - the brand is strong. Hell, Woody doesn't mess around with this stuff, I believe he hired Marc Ecco for the outfitting and Pentagram for the Jets branding. 

Jets-Nike-Uni.jpg

its a bit futuristic for me but an alternate in this direction would be kinda bad ass

If they abandon the green for black, then it has to be done all the way. Green, black and white is awful. I could see is doing a black & white uniform alternate in b&w, without ditching the normal uniform.

If the helmet you posted here had a white facemask, and was just jet black with white, it'd actually look pretty good.

If they abandon the green for black, then it has to be done all the way. Green, black and white is awful. I could see is doing a black & white uniform alternate in b&w, without ditching the normal uniform.

If the helmet you posted here had a white facemask, and was just jet black with white, it'd actually look pretty good.

no no no....never would want to abandon the green and white all time classic.....it would be a cool alternate if they did something like that....i think walking away from the green n white completely would be foolish.

The Jets look their best in their dress whites.

matt-snell.jpg

yea i hear ya, its a classic look....it just seems our current whites are like REALLY white and not like a dull white like in this pic...so maybe its just standing out a lot more than it use to..idk.....or maybe i just need to fix the contrast on my TV...both possible

Jets-Nike-Uni.jpg

its a bit futuristic for me but an alternate in this direction would be kinda bad ass

THIS. IS. WHAT. IM. TALKING. ABOUT.!!!! 

I like the white for home games but the unis have to change like this. All you old schoolers want to keep holding on to our glory DAY but you need to let go already. We need to create NEW glory days. We look like we are playing in long johns out there. rewatching the game Geno looks terrible in our uniform. 

oh but the old 90s logo in green not gray for the helmet. And maybe an F15 silhouette on the other side (like the steelers have 2 diff sides) 

THIS. IS. WHAT. IM. TALKING. ABOUT.!!!! 

I like the white for home games but the unis have to change like this. All you old schoolers want to keep holding on to our glory DAY but you need to let go already. We need to create NEW glory days. We look like we are playing in long johns out there. rewatching the game Geno looks terrible in our uniform. 

Pfffftt... LOL

Archived