Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Patriots dont bother practicing for Jets

91 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not really a big deal, he's not the first nor the last to do this.  

Could be some gamesmanship by Belichick, but if Amendola can't suit up against us, that's a huge blow.  That would leave edelman, ridley and a handful of rookies to shoulder the load.  The pig if fat and pink my friends.

More importantly: Danny Amendola (groin) was not spotted at Tuesday morning's walkthrough.

It's a bad sign to start the week. Although the Patriots won't put in any real practices ahead of Thursday's game against the Jets, players that don't even get in the walkthrough often end up sitting for New England. Amendola is missing at least some game-plan installation. For now, we're considering him a game-time call and adding direct backup Julian Edelman where it's warranted.
Source: Boston Herald Sep 10 - 10:30 AM

Report: Danny Amendola ‘Almost Certain’ to Miss Thursday’s Game Against Jets With Groin Injury
by Doug Kyed on Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:35AM
Share this:

danny-amendola-2.jpg?w=400&h=225

FOXBORO, Mass. — It’s looking more and more likely the Patriots will be without their top receiver on Thursday night.

Danny Amendola missed the portion of practice open to the media on Tuesday as he’s recovering from a groin injury. Amendola is “almost certain” to miss New England’s game against the Jets, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

Amendola went in to Sunday afternoon’s game already bothered by a groin injury. He reaggravated it during the second half, then battled through the ailment throughout the second half, churning out a 10-catch, 104-yard performance.

Without Amendola, Julian Edelman and Kenbrell Thompkins become the team’s top two receiving threats.

Have a question for Doug Kyed? Send it to him via Twitter at @DougKyedNESN or send it here.

Posted · Report post

Let's see now, who would I trust more in preparing a team? Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan?

Rex Ryan, if you were objective and looked at the win/loss history between the two teams since he joined.

Posted · Report post

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

Oh. My. God.

How the f*ck are you?

Posted · Report post

Subway subliminally takes shots at other fast food places,because when they say "eat fresh" they are implying other places aren't fresh...... but hey I'm just grabbing them straws

When John Lovitz used to do their commercials with his fake old English accent, it always sounded like he was saying "EAT FLESH". Never understood why they 1.) hired him and 2.) let those commercials air

Posted · Report post

I would have expected a foot-long reference.

You mistake me for Tomshane and JIF.

Posted · Report post

When John Lovitz used to do their commercials with his fake old English accent, it always sounded like he was saying "EAT FLESH". Never understood why they 1.) hired him and 2.) let those commercials air

LOL.. almost as reckless as Mountain Dew is with their sponsers.

Posted · Report post

lmfao - I'd like to see your response if it was Rex that made this decision.  

It would be exactly the same. His entire point is that Belichick has earned the benefit of the doubt where Rex hasn't. You can't possibly be this dumb.

Posted · Report post

Just find a way to win.......EFFFFF the Patriots!!

Posted · Report post

Wow some of you are grasping at straws here.

Baaaahhh.... go eat a sandwich.

Posted · Report post

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

Meh... this only works when it's typed by insanely short guys who use different colors, 

Posted · Report post

It would be exactly the same. His entire point is that Belichick has earned the benefit of the doubt where Rex hasn't. You can't possibly be this dumb.

Is the pig less ripe than was previously being reported?

Posted · Report post

Rex Ryan, if you were objective and looked at the win/loss history between the two teams since he joined.

Objective, in like the 3-6 record Ryan has against BB with the Jets? Objective in the 4 division titles BB had and the zero that Ryan has in the same period?

That kind of objective?

I will still take BB.

Posted · Report post

Because Lovitz is awesome.

Posted · Report post

Objective, in like the 3-6 record Ryan has against BB with the Jets? Objective in the 4 division titles BB had and the zero that Ryan has in the same period?

That kind of objective?

I will still take BB.

nah

I'll take a 25 YO  Tom Brady and Rex

Posted · Report post

They're all banged up: Amendola, Vereen, Gronk, Sudfeld, and I believe Connolly?

Let them do what they want. Doesn't matter.

Totally agree. There is no stopping the Jets.  The Pats should just sit this one out.  They are doing the right thing.  The sooner they focus on the wildcard the better their chances will be.  :)

Posted · Report post

nah

I'll take a 25 YO  Tom Brady and Rex

Brady would still be on the bench with Rex.

Posted · Report post

Answering for him? You cant possibly be that gay. 

Brady would still be on the bench with Rex.

Right.  Unless of course, Rex's starter almost dies on the playing field and is forced to put Brady in.  

Posted · Report post

Answering for him? You cant possibly be that gay. 

Right.  Unless of course, Rex's starter almost dies on the playing field and is forced to put Brady in.  

And as soon as the former starter is ready in a week, Rex would go right back to him, with the back-up on the bench.

Posted · Report post

And as soon as the former starter is ready in a week, Rex would go right back to him, with the back-up on the bench.

So you're as excited to see Mark Sanchez under center as I am? 

Posted · Report post

So you're as excited to see Mark Sanchez under center as I am? 

He couldn't go to Sanchez-he is injured. You are a little late on this news?

Posted · Report post

He couldn't go to Sanchez-he is injured. You are a little late on this news?

As soon as the former starter is ready, Rex will go back to him, and his back-up (Geno Smith) on the bench.

Your words, Cochise.

So I will ask again, are you as excited to see Mark Sanchez under center as I am? 

Posted · Report post

f*ck them .... I swear they've become the most snobbish team in the NFL

Posted · Report post

As soon as the former starter is ready, Rex will go back to him, and his back-up (Geno Smith) on the bench.

Your words, Cochise.

So I will ask again, are you as excited to see Mark Sanchez under center as I am? 

Mark is able to play now? link?

Posted · Report post

Mark is able to play now? link?

:face:

Posted · Report post

Wow some of you are grasping at straws here.

pretty much.