Patriots dont bother practicing for Jets

JOJOTOWNSELL

i mean really Bill???  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/patriots-dont-bother-practicing-for-jets/

One of the perils of the short weeks caused by Thursday games is the lack of time to prepare.

So the Patriots, tasked with getting ready forGeno Smith and the Jets in two days, have decided not to.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the Patriots have scheduled just a walk-through for today, meaning there won’t be a full practice session prior to Thursday’s game.

Expect the Jets to play this for full dramatic effect, using it to fuel the no-respect engine that keeps players moving.

But the reality is, there was a long week in front of the opener, giving Bill Belichick and his staff plenty of time to game-plan. And with a roster that’s still populated by stars nursing injuries, easing up a bit now might be the more prudent play for the long season ahead.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean really Bill???  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/patriots-dont-bother-practicing-for-jets/

One of the perils of the short weeks caused by Thursday games is the lack of time to prepare.

So the Patriots, tasked with getting ready forGeno Smith and the Jets in two days, have decided not to.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the Patriots have scheduled just a walk-through for today, meaning there won’t be a full practice session prior to Thursday’s game.

Expect the Jets to play this for full dramatic effect, using it to fuel the no-respect engine that keeps players moving.

But the reality is, there was a long week in front of the opener, giving Bill Belichick and his staff plenty of time to game-plan. And with a roster that’s still populated by stars nursing injuries, easing up a bit now might be the more prudent play for the long season ahead.

Let's see now, who would I trust more in preparing a team? Bill Belichick or Rex Ryan?

i mean really Bill???  

lol I hate this ******* team so much.

Please, I don't care how it happens, just find a way to win this game.

Not only will they be slightly rusty but damn ... just because the Bills run identical Defense's doesn't mean the players know it better or ARE better... don't mistake the Jets D veterans KNOW the D play book better then these Bills which allows us to play more loose, plus we have more skilled players on D and I have always been a fan of the quote "You can learn from the prefessor,but your only the successor.... not the inventor"

They ****ed up.

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

lmfao - I'd like to see your response if it was Rex that made this decision.

Rex 2.0 is undefeated so I wouldn't be concerned. If it where Rex 1.0 I'd be worried because that Rex oversaw a pretty humiliating loss on national TV the last time we played. Billy Boy is making a huge mistake underestimating our new coach and QB though.

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

How's ya dog doing?

Not really a big deal, he's not the first nor the last to do this.  

Could be some gamesmanship by Belichick, but if Amendola can't suit up against us, that's a huge blow.  That would leave edelman, ridley and a handful of rookies to shoulder the load.  The pig if fat and pink my friends.

More importantly: Danny Amendola (groin) was not spotted at Tuesday morning's walkthrough.

It's a bad sign to start the week. Although the Patriots won't put in any real practices ahead of Thursday's game against the Jets, players that don't even get in the walkthrough often end up sitting for New England. Amendola is missing at least some game-plan installation. For now, we're considering him a game-time call and adding direct backup Julian Edelman where it's warranted.
Source: Boston Herald Sep 10 - 10:30 AM

Not really a big deal, he's not the first nor the last to do this.  

Could be some gamesmanship by Belichick, but if Amendola can't suit up against us, that's a huge blow.  That would leave edelman, ridley and a handful of rookies to shoulder the load.  The pig if fat and pink my friends.

More importantly: Danny Amendola (groin) was not spotted at Tuesday morning's walkthrough.

It's a bad sign to start the week. Although the Patriots won't put in any real practices ahead of Thursday's game against the Jets, players that don't even get in the walkthrough often end up sitting for New England. Amendola is missing at least some game-plan installation. For now, we're considering him a game-time call and adding direct backup Julian Edelman where it's warranted.
Source: Boston Herald Sep 10 - 10:30 AM

Report: Danny Amendola ‘Almost Certain’ to Miss Thursday’s Game Against Jets With Groin Injury
by Doug Kyed on Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:35AM
Share this:

danny-amendola-2.jpg?w=400&h=225

FOXBORO, Mass. — It’s looking more and more likely the Patriots will be without their top receiver on Thursday night.

Danny Amendola missed the portion of practice open to the media on Tuesday as he’s recovering from a groin injury. Amendola is “almost certain” to miss New England’s game against the Jets, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

Amendola went in to Sunday afternoon’s game already bothered by a groin injury. He reaggravated it during the second half, then battled through the ailment throughout the second half, churning out a 10-catch, 104-yard performance.

Without Amendola, Julian Edelman and Kenbrell Thompkins become the team’s top two receiving threats.

Have a question for Doug Kyed? Send it to him via Twitter at @DougKyedNESN or send it here.

Oh. My. God.

How the f*ck are you?

Subway subliminally takes shots at other fast food places,because when they say "eat fresh" they are implying other places aren't fresh...... but hey I'm just grabbing them straws

When John Lovitz used to do their commercials with his fake old English accent, it always sounded like he was saying "EAT FLESH". Never understood why they 1.) hired him and 2.) let those commercials air

Meh... this only works when it's typed by insanely short guys who use different colors, 

Archived