Patriots dont bother practicing for Jets

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex Ryan, if you were objective and looked at the win/loss history between the two teams since he joined.

Objective, in like the 3-6 record Ryan has against BB with the Jets? Objective in the 4 division titles BB had and the zero that Ryan has in the same period?

That kind of objective?

I will still take BB.

They're all banged up: Amendola, Vereen, Gronk, Sudfeld, and I believe Connolly?

Let them do what they want. Doesn't matter.

Totally agree. There is no stopping the Jets.  The Pats should just sit this one out.  They are doing the right thing.  The sooner they focus on the wildcard the better their chances will be.  :)

It would be exactly the same. His entire point is that Belichick has earned the benefit of the doubt where Rex hasn't. You can't possibly be this dumb.

Answering for him? You cant possibly be that gay. 

Brady would still be on the bench with Rex.

Right.  Unless of course, Rex's starter almost dies on the playing field and is forced to put Brady in.  

He couldn't go to Sanchez-he is injured. You are a little late on this news?

As soon as the former starter is ready, Rex will go back to him, and his back-up (Geno Smith) on the bench.

Your words, Cochise.

So I will ask again, are you as excited to see Mark Sanchez under center as I am? 

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

What up Alk!  Good to see you around.

Rex 2.0 is undefeated so I wouldn't be concerned. If it where Rex 1.0 I'd be worried because that Rex oversaw a pretty humiliating loss on national TV the last time we played. Billy Boy is making a huge mistake underestimating our new coach and QB though.

This is not just to you, but all the fans renforcing the idiocy. 

Why should the Patriots practice?  The teams play each other twice a year. 

The 'disrespect' angle might have some validity if it was a normal week, but it is a short week. 

Health vs Further Injuries and not having them available for the game?  I would rather have Amendola not practicing and available for the game versus re-aggravating his groin for "practice'.

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

You're alive!

I have no love for the Patriots by any means, but this is not an act of disrespect. It's a short week, alot of the Pats players are banged up and making them go full practice could tire them out before the game. It's actually a smart move by Beli-dick. When Parcells coached the Jets and they had lost a game, he decided to hold no-pads practices the entire week after, and they won the next week. The move has nothing to do with the fact that it's the Jets.

I already said that if Rex had the track record of BB, he would be allowed to manage his team as he sees fit.

Of course, he isn't close

With the reputation Brady has acheived for him, Belichick should lick Brady's balls clean every night.  This clown was an atrocious head coach before Mo Lewis knocked the piss out of Drew Bledsoe.

Sorry to say, but take away Brady, and your boy Belichick is not a great head coach.  Give Rex the kind of QB play Belichick has had, and you'd be in love with Rex.

If Rex had Drew Bledsoe at QB, with everything he had achieved in his career, and a 6th rounder that came in because of injury, Rex would go right back to Drew. No doubt in my mind as we have seen Rex operate that way.

I don't think his loyalty to Sanchez has anything to to with past achievements or even ability for that matter.  People tend  to learn to like things they are stuck with because they have to.

If Rex had Drew Bledsoe at QB, with everything he had achieved in his career, and a 6th rounder that came in because of injury, Rex would go right back to Drew. No doubt in my mind as we have seen Rex operate that way.

If we're speaking in hypotheticals, if Rex had Drew Bledsoe as his QB, he'd have at least one superbowl and you could hardly fault him for sticking with his championship QB. But there's nothing that Rex has done to show he'd keep a more talented player on the bench just because loyalty. 

Archived