Patriots dont bother practicing for Jets

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rex had Drew Bledsoe at QB, with everything he had achieved in his career, and a 6th rounder that came in because of injury, Rex would go right back to Drew. No doubt in my mind as we have seen Rex operate that way.

Um... when?

I'm not even arguing with you about what Rex would have done, because who the hell knows, but I really cannot come up with any example in Rex's time here that comes anywhere close to providing a valid comparison to that.

The pats have a better qb ol and rbs. The jets have better wrs and probably TEs (unless gronkowski was healthy, in which case this swings back to the Pats.

Personally I would rather have the good qb and OL. Now 5 years from now when Brady is retired or seriously diminished, this may be completely reversed.

I don't know that I would say the jets have a clearly better defensive team. The definitely performed better last week, though much of the bills scoring was aided by unforced errors by the patriots offense. The pats secondary still looks pretty bad though, so ill give the jets the edge on defense now.

However if the pats can limp to some early ugly victories while the young receivers get their sh*t straight and gronkowski heals up, they can still be formidable down the stretch.

Not only will they be slightly rusty but damn ... just because the Bills run identical Defense's doesn't mean the players know it better or ARE better... don't mistake the Jets D veterans KNOW the D play book better then these Bills which allows us to play more loose, plus we have more skilled players on D and I have always been a fan of the quote "You can learn from the prefessor,but your only the successor.... not the inventor"

They ****ed up.

Listen if we don't get to Brady with a 4 man rush, or less nothing matters, we have a banged up Cromartie, a very green rookie, and K Wilson playing CB, and our safties might be able to knock your block off, but they can't cover for sh*t.  So if we don't get pressure with out blitzing, Brady could wake from a comma, be handed 10 other practice squad players, and put up 35 on us if he is clean the whole game.

NOW IF that front of Mo Wilk, Richardson, Ellis, and Antwan Barnes gets quick pressure all game without sending the other 7 players then I do believe the Jets will be in position to win this game, if not I expect the Jets to play catch up most of the game, and in the end the Pats will win something like 30-17, and if they run it up maybe 41-17.

Hopefully the front 3, and 4 guys get pressure all game, MM develops a ball control game plan whether it is with the short passes, or succesfully running the ball, and we actually finish off some of the drives with TD's instead of FG attempts, then I could see the Jets taking a 24-20 win, but I find that to be unlikely, but not impossible.

My prediction is Rex brings the same game plan he brought to the 1st NE game back in 2009, that plan was to send the house on every play, and give Brady a look that had Moss 1 0n 1 with Revis all game, and Brady took the bait, Belicheck took Moss away from Brady, and installed the spread offense which negates the exotic heavy Blitzes Rex runs because Brady knows how to pick out the hot WR pre snap, and get him the ball in stride almost every single play picking up chunk yards, and the Jets make a 2nd half adjustment, but it is to late as the Pats jumped out to a big enough lead to fend off any come back attempt the Jets offense musters up, with the Jets within 4-8 points Brady runs the last 4:00 minutes off the clock picking up 1st down after 1st down on 3rd and 4ish situations, and 1 early 3rd and long situation to start the drive which is the real back breaker, and takes the wind out of the defense to set up the rest of the clock killing drive, the only question is will Brady punch it in to rub it in our faces (cover the spread for the gambling folks), or get into the V formation. 

Really hope I am wrong!

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  No Gronkowski, no Vereen, Amendola hobbled, Ridley can't hold onto the rock.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Geno should pass for about 350 yards (seriously) on this defense.  THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!  Patriots 28  Jets 20.  Good luck this week but not that much luck. 

So Alk has emerged from the witness protection program?  I wonder if this is related to the fact that Whitey Bulger is off the street.   

This game will come down to how we do vs. the hurry up.  That was our weakness with Rex but last year Rex had it figured out.  I'm really excited for this game because it's gonna tell us a lot more about ourselves than the Tampa game.

The pats have a better qb ol and rbs. The jets have better wrs and probably TEs (unless gronkowski was healthy, in which case this swings back to the Pats.

Personally I would rather have the good qb and OL. Now 5 years from now when Brady is retired or seriously diminished, this may be completely reversed.

I don't know that I would say the jets have a clearly better defensive team. The definitely performed better last week, though much of the bills scoring was aided by unforced errors by the patriots offense. The pats secondary still looks pretty bad though, so ill give the jets the edge on defense now.

However if the pats can limp to some early ugly victories while the young receivers get their sh*t straight and gronkowski heals up, they can still be formidable down the stretch.

Better WRs?  The Jets WRs suck.    So yeah the Pats WRs might be a joke, but with QBs like Brady and Manning and Rodgers, they turn WRs into stars.    

Whereas the Jets have a raw rookie QB who doesn't have any WRs.   The only guy who is halfway decent is Winslow. And he's a TE.   That is the biggest difference.  

And last time I checked,  their Welker replacement is a decent player, just gets hurt often.  And he caught how many passes last week?   

bart scott just said on the pre-game everybody in the nfl puts two gameplans in the week...

..before..

a short week, so the "practice" is already done

lol all the hysterical over reactions

Well if they execute the Jets' portion of their gameplan as masterfully as they did the Buffalo one...

• 1 month later...

Archived