I like our chances

bmd71

Maybe I'm just being too positive after the first game but I like the Jets chances Thursday night against the Patriots.  I know the game is in their stadium but I think they're vulnerable.  Vareen is out.  Gronkowski is out.  Amendola and Sudfeld are most likely out too.  I know they have Brady but where is the offense going to come from?  Stevan Ridley, Kembrell Thompkins, and Julian Edelman?  I think that if the Jets defense plays well, they can beat the Patriots this week.

Dline played well against Tampa.  Secondary needs to step up this week.  I like the Jets defensive backs against the likes of Edelman, Thompkins, and whoever else they'll throw out at WR.  If Dline pressures Brady, he could be in for a long game.

The Dline is going to take Brady out

Like most games, this week will come down to turnovers. I believe that our D can force some turnovers against the Pats O, I'm just not so sure that our rookie QB will be able to prevent turnovers from our offense.

If Geno holds on to the ball, and does not commit a turnover... we win. I really think it's that simple. I like the way our D matches up against this injury riddled version of NE offense.

It's all about protecting the ball.

On defense, you have to remember that it has historically been NE's tight ends that have given us fits during the Rex era. Also, we are better against the run than we have been in the last couple of years (or so it seems)... The TE's of NE don't scare me, and I think we can contain the ground game.

It all comes down to our offense holding on to the ball. I expect a game somewhere around 21-17 or 28-21... either way. Hopefully we come out on top, but it all rests with Geno.

The Pats will try to do the same thing they did last year.  Brady will audible run or pass depending on the personnel Rex puts out there. 

Rex needs to figure that out.  Think he will.  MM will have a good game plan.

Smith and the OL need to step it up.  An interception, a fumble on the 5 yard line , and 5 sacks won't cut it.   All in all if Smith goes turnover free, and just moves the chains, they should win 

Like most games, this week will come down to turnovers. I believe that our D can force some turnovers against the Pats O, I'm just not so sure that our rookie QB will be able to prevent turnovers from our offense.

If Geno holds on to the ball, and does not commit a turnover... we win. I really think it's that simple. I like the way our D matches up against this injury riddled version of NE offense.

It's all about protecting the ball.

On defense, you have to remember that it has historically been NE's tight ends that have given us fits during the Rex era. Also, we are better against the run than we have been in the last couple of years (or so it seems)... The TE's of NE don't scare me, and I think we can contain the ground game.

It all comes down to our offense holding on to the ball. I expect a game somewhere around 21-17 or 28-21... either way. Hopefully we come out on top, but it all rests with Geno.

Even still, our LBers and safeties are mostly different.  Just Harris and a part-time Pace.  So the past isn't necessarily indicative of the future in that dept.

Even still, our LBers and safeties are mostly different.  Just Harris and a part-time Pace.  So the past isn't necessarily indicative of the future in that dept.

Good point. I think (and I realize that this is mostly speculation, due to a small sample size) that our LBers are better. our safeties are not as good, but I think that the net effect is a positive if you incorporate the D-line improvements. A better d-line will have the effect of hiding some of our deficiencies in the safety position.

That being said, I think that our defense is actually better than it was last year.

Good point. I think (and I realize that this is mostly speculation, due to a small sample size) that our LBers are better. our safeties are not as good, but I think that the net effect is a positive if you incorporate the D-line improvements. A better d-line will have the effect of hiding some of our deficiencies in the safety position.

That being said, I think that our defense is actually better than it was last year.

For the most part they did something 2011&2012 Jets D couldn't do... and that's stop the run. Gotta keep it up versus Ridley

Maybe I'm just being too positive after the first game but I like the Jets chances Thursday night against the Patriots.  I know the game is in their stadium but I think they're vulnerable.  Vareen is out.  Gronkowski is out.  Amendola and Sudfeld are most likely out too.  I know they have Brady but where is the offense going to come from?  Stevan Ridley, Kembrell Thompkins, and Julian Edelman?  I think that if the Jets defense plays well, they can beat the Patriots this week.

And yet Vegas still has Patriots 13 point favorites!!! Yikes!!!

I'm concerned about the deficiencies in the Milliner position

I'm concerned about the deficiencies in the Milliner position

I am, somewhat. I saw a few things from Milliner that led me to believe that his mistakes are fixable. Revis wasn't all that his first year. While I don't expect Milliner to be Revis, I expect him to be better than Wilson, and Wislon isn't really all that bad.

Maybe I'm just being too positive after the first game but I like the Jets chances Thursday night against the Patriots. I know the game is in their stadium but I think they're vulnerable. Vareen is out. Gronkowski is out. Amendola and Sudfeld are most likely out too. I know they have Brady but where is the offense going to come from? Stevan Ridley, Kembrell Thompkins, and Julian Edelman? I think that if the Jets defense plays well, they can beat the Patriots this week.

When you first watched Ol' Yeller, how long did it take you to realize that they didn't have a cure for rabies?

Really??  Being optimistic.  If there's any time to get a win in Foxboro - it's now.  Multiple injuries to the Pats offense, solid Jets D.  If the offense can score some points they have a chance.

When you first watched Ol' Yeller, how long did it take you to realize that they didn't have a cure for rabies?

I agree.  The key is hitting Brady.  He's probably still pretty sore from Sunday.  The Jets have to harry and hit him repeatedly.

Geno has to avoid big mistakes, but I think saying that he cannot make any TOs or the Jets lose is wrong.  He has to be able to play free and relaxed.  If he plays afraid of making a mistake, he will make more mistakes.  He showed the resiliency and the ability to bounce back last week.  I think the Jets can still win even if he does turn it over 2x.  The Jets have to be able to run the ball and the tackling needs to be better.  The Jets also need to get more out of kick and punt returns.  I haven't seen anyone mention it, but last week was awful.

It will come down to our D standing up against the fast paced NE Offense. They are going to try and hurry us up and get those lineman tired so it alleviates the pass rush. Offensively we'll need to establish run game this week to make sure Tommy Boy stays on the bench for long stretches. Rex is no dope, he'll have this team ready. 

It will come down to our D standing up against the fast paced NE Offense. They are going to try and hurry us up and get those lineman tired so it alleviates the pass rush. Offensively we'll need to establish run game this week to make sure Tommy Boy stays on the bench for long stretches. Rex is no dope, he'll have this team ready. 

Yep...and the reason we've been drafting these hybrid defensive linemnen is to stop this...if we dont turn the ball over the game will be close in the 4th qtr,

The reason why I feel the Jets will win this game is because of the front 4. They look like they can provide pressure without having to blitz every down. That will allow us to cover on those important 3rd downs that Brady loves to convert with such beauty. 

After seeing Sunday's game, I like Geno

The Bucs (maybe even we) didn't know we couldn't run the ball.

Belichick knows it now.

As long as we have a running game by 7pm Thursday, we'll be ok.

Excellent post.  If we can run the ball some our defense could win this for us.  Geno could just be the icing on the damn cake. 

Archived