Jets \ Patriots: The Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt lots to learn but i think you're listening to Mayock too much. As Jet fans we always seem to blame qb's for accuracy even if ball is catchable. Thats complete bs. These guys are receivers for a reason, if the ball its their hands they should catch it...if it hits their chest they should definitely catch it. 

I dont listen to Mayock at all.  I see with my eyes that his passes are off.  There were too many balls that were not good throws.

Should WR's make catches even if the ball isnt perfect? Yes.  Good teams do.  We dont have good receivers.  Doesnt discount the fact his balls are off target too often for a team with a weak WR core.  Lots of room for growth.  Patting him on the back for being in the neighborhood on most of his throws is a joke.

1 sack.  zero turnovers.  

their best defense was the pats wr's inability to catch balls.  nothing special tonight from the D.

I think the scary part is how easily the rookie WRs kept getting behind the DBs, just to have the ball bounce of their hands, or Brady just barely miss them.

I dont listen to Mayock at all.  I see with my eyes that his passes are off.  There were too many balls that were not good throws.

Should WR's make catches even if the ball isnt perfect? Yes.  Good teams do.  We dont have good receivers.  Doesnt discount the fact his balls are off target too often for a team with a weak WR core.  Lots of room for growth.  Patting him on the back for being in the neighborhood on most of his throws is a joke.

I disagree man but whatever. Those receivers killed him tonight.

What pissed me off the most tonight was not the play of Geno, the pathetic WR's, or a defense that couldnt muster any real pressure all night...  what pissed me off was the unforced errors we made all night.  False starts. wrong routes. dumb penalties, wasting timeouts, no kick returner- WITH NO PRESSURE! 

Jets need to cut out the bad mistakes that they caused if they ever want to be good.  And that falls on the coach.

It is his second pro game.  I think you guys can hold off on panic for a while.

Im not panicking.  Im giving my take on the way he played this game.  We cant have an opinion about someone just because its his 2nd game?  Bullsh!t.  Im not a sunshine and roses outta my ass type of guy.  I live in the world of real.  And in that world he wasnt good tonight.

People should lay off the praising of Geno as the 2nd coming just as much as those jumping on the bash Geno bandwagon.

People should lay off the praising of Geno as the 2nd coming just as much as those jumping on the bash Geno bandwagon.

I guess I was just thinking that analyzing individual games is pointless.  What you really should care about is progress from week to week.  Does he continue to make the same mistakes after 3, 4, 5, 6 games?

Im not panicking.  Im giving my take on the way he played this game.  We cant have an opinion about someone just because its his 2nd game?  Bullsh!t.  Im not a sunshine and roses outta my ass type of guy.  I live in the world of real.  And in that world he wasnt good tonight.

I can understand this point of view man. He definitely has a lot to prove. I think I just have a problem with people just coming out and saying he sucks. That is ridiculous after 2 games. The 2nd of which against the pats and they only lost 13-10 and the receiver had around 10-15 drops AT LEAST. 

I guess I was just thinking that analyzing individual games is pointless.  What you really should care about is progress from week to week.  Does he continue to make the same mistakes after 3, 4, 5, 6 games?

how can you know if you dont analyze individual games???  

Im not saying he sucks as a QB and is a lost cause.  He's just got A lot of room for improvement if he is to be the QB the NYJ need to compete on a high level over the long term.

I can understand this point of view man. He definitely has a lot to prove. I think I just have a problem with people just coming out and saying he sucks. That is ridiculous after 2 games. The 2nd of which against the pats and they only lost 13-10 and the receiver had around 10-15 drops AT LEAST. 

I have a problem with people who quit on a guy before he has a chance to prove what he really is.  Its silly.  But it is important to point out the flaws and mistakes so we can see if there is any hope long term for him.  Right now, and probably for most of the season, we dont know.  And thats what sucks... not knowing if we have someone worthwhile.

I have a problem with people who quit on a guy before he has a chance to prove what he really is.  Its silly.  But it is important to point out the flaws and mistakes so we can see if there is any hope long term for him.  Right now, and probably for most of the season, we dont know.  And thats what sucks... not knowing if we have someone worthwhile.

Yeah and I think he sees the issues too. I really have confidence in this guy and I hope they fix the issues they have and get these next two. Anyone would have signed up for 3-1 to start the year. Lets see if he learns and bounces back. 

Yeah and I think he sees the issues too. I really have confidence in this guy and I hope they fix the issues they have and get these next two. Anyone would have signed up for 3-1 to start the year. Lets see if he learns and bounces back. 

One thing I will say...  Im at least enjoying this season so far...  even if we havent been very good in these 1st 2 games.

I cannot get over how much I love Sheldon Richardson; he went over to Geno after the game and told him that he'll learn from it, get better and the entire team is behind him.  The kids are all saying and doing the right thing, it's nice to see after some of the garbage attitudes we've had in recent past.

Big picture: we all knew this was a growing year and that we were going to shed a lot of albatrosses and have some money to make some moves. It looks like the defense has a lot of very key building blocks, to me it looks like Geno has the tools to be a competent, playoff type quarterback and this is the type of draft and off-season where you can surround him with actual stud receivers, TEs and whatever else he needs to succeed. Idzik really needs to go out and get this kid a Julio Jones or AJ Green, someone who will go up and make that tough 50/50 catch. 

I cannot get over how much I love Sheldon Richardson; he went over to Geno after the game and told him that he'll learn from it, get better and the entire team is behind him.  The kids are all saying and doing the right thing, it's nice to see after some of the garbage attitudes we've had in recent past.

Big picture: we all knew this was a growing year and that we were going to shed a lot of albatrosses and have some money to make some moves. It looks like the defense has a lot of very key building blocks, to me it looks like Geno has the tools to be a competent, playoff type quarterback and this is the type of draft and off-season where you can surround him with actual stud receivers, TEs and whatever else he needs to succeed. Idzik really needs to go out and get this kid a Julio Jones or AJ Green, someone who will go up and make that tough 50/50 catch. 

Agreed they need substatial weapons to surround this kid.  Look at how feeble Brady looked without quality recievers vs. the Jets today.  This game was so winnable its a shame we didnt pull it out.  I am so desperate for a QB that will lead us to the promised land but I have serious doubts about Geno Smith.  I just dont like his attitude and decision making.  I know he is raw as raw can be, but there is just something concrete missing from his persona and makeup that irks me.  He comes across as a real phony dismissing the reality around him.  This kid has zero humility, much I'm sad to say, just like his predecessor, Sanchez.  I am really beginning to think Geno is the 2nd coming of Sanchez.  He has more mobility than sanchez and that will help him make a few more plays but other than that, I dont see this kid developing into a bona-fide leader. His ego is just way too big for the shoes he needs to fill.  There is a difference between being a leader with a cocky attitude and what Smith displays.  Its become very clear to me the reports on this kid re-draft were right on target which is why he fell so far down.  Remember he was slotted to be the #1 pick for a long time in the draft.  Ace in the hole ......Matt Simms.  I hope Ryan gives Simms a shot to play some this year one way or another.  My guess is the only way that happems is if Smith get hurts.  Other than that, it will be Smith all season long.....The Good The Bad and The Ugly.     

I think the case for firing Rex could not be any more clear. Sanchez could have started tonight if not for the dumb injury and spared Geno the insane expectations of a desperate fanbase, city and viper's nest press corps. But here we are again putting a rookie QB to a ridiculous litmus test, I can only imagine the tone that the press both local and national will portray, and I wonder if any young player is tough enough to withstand the pressure. If he only could have had five or six weeks to get some work in at the pro level and develop chemistry with his team, maybe we win a game like this. But we will never know because our a$$hole coach needed to win the ******* Snoopy Bowl. And if this was the wish of Idzik to start him if Sanchez had been healthy, then I fear we are in real trouble.

Archived