Guts: Sanchez - I Won the Competition. No Doubt

Lizard King

Very un-Sanchez esque, unless as previously stated it was taken out of context. Seems like a good enough guy, but that doesn't win ball games. Best of luck to him elsewhere.

He probably knows he is done here, so its a combo of "who gives an F" and "someone give me a chance".

i think sanchez won

idk if that means hed play but he still played better in preseason

Preseason is more than the preseason games, and even if you decide Sanchez was marginally better in the games, Geno was much better at the Green and White scrimmage and in practice. This is just  distance yourself from the Jets talk (agent influenced) to try and build a case for a contract with a new team. Not sure why the Jets have no IR'ed him yet. Hopefully just waiting till after the game.

Preseason is more than the preseason games, and even if you decide Sanchez was marginally better in the games, Geno was much better at the Green and White scrimmage and in practice. This is just  distance yourself from the Jets talk (agent influenced) to try and build a case for a contract with a new team. Not sure why the Jets have no IR'ed him yet. Hopefully just waiting till after the game.

im pretty sure geno and sanchez were pretty similar in practice.

Games are what matters. Geno coulda won the competition but imploded

you can say based on ceiling geno woulda started but I dont know how anyone can say he won the competition

Who thinks that Geno starts week one if Sanchez is healthy? I don't.

Who thinks he'd have been benched before the end of our third game? I do.

Good ol' Mark, master of the interview and practicing better than the other non-blue chip, non-star options on the roster.

He may have played a little better (than a raw rookie) but he still sucked with his signature pick 6, fumble and letting time run out in the red zone. What a dick.

You forgot the interception in the endzone, too.

Sanchez was awful and didn't "win" anything.  He might have been handed a job due to the failures of the competition, but there was absolutely no actions of his that would have had anything to do with that decision and thus he deserves no credit for winning anything.  He's a whiny little sh*tbag who pouts the moment he isn't handed everything on a silver platter despite his constant never-ending failures.  Can't wait to see the door hit his sorry ass on the way out.

This sucks. It really does. Sanchez, through all of his flaws, was a "take the high road" kind of guy. This does not help the situation. I was a big Sanchez apologist, as I am with all Jets QB's, but this doesn't help him too much with his next team.

Having said that...

He regressed. He was managed poorly, by the front office with their lack of attention to talent on O, and by the coaches. Coulda Woulda, Shoulda...

It's time to move on. I hope for him the best, but this most certainly will not help his stock as a company guy. Which is part of the reason he would be appealing to another franchize...

You forgot the interception in the endzone, too.

Sanchez was awful and didn't "win" anything.  He might have been handed a job due to the failures of the competition, but there was absolutely no actions of his that would have had anything to do with that decision and thus he deserves no credit for winning anything.  He's a whiny little sh*tbag who pouts the moment he isn't handed everything on a silver platter despite his constant never-ending failures.  Can't wait to see the door hit his sorry ass on the way out.

Him saying he "won the competition" reminds of when Cosmo Kramer won the martial arts competition.......against 9 yr olds.

Whiny little shi*tbag sums it up.

I saw two things in last week's game that I hadn't seen before:

1. Sanchez going out of his way to mentor Geno.

2. Geno Smith actually listening to him. 

This injury has allowed both guys to drop their guards and actually learn from one another.  So what if Sanchez saves face by saying he thinks he won the QB comp.  If nothing else, it keeps the pilot-light under Geno Smith's ass going. 

Archived