Stephen Hill....

Villain The Foe

Sucks major balls, and thats only IF he doesnt fumble or drop them. 

Such a tool. Seriously can't believe Mike Tannenbaum had this dude as a 1st round grade drafting him out of college. You cant even call this kid a bust because he was never an impressive WR, he simply had an impressive physique that this terrible ex-GM compared to Calvin Johnson. Dude is an athlete but he is not even a halfway decent WR. 

We could have atleast got Alshon Jeffery, who may not blow the top off of every defense in the league but he can f'ing catch a football. Whats the point of having a ultra fast WR who cant run solid routes, catch and secure the football? 

This WR corp is terrible, but this Stephen Hill dude can seriously be replaced by quite a few WR's currently on free agency. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks major balls, and thats only IF he doesnt fumble or drop them. 

Such a tool. Cant seriously can't believe Mike Tannenbaum had this dude as a 1st round grade drafting him out of college. You cant even call this kid a bust because he was never an impressive WR, he simply had an impressive physique that this terrible ex-GM compared to Calvin Johnson. Dude is an athlete but he is not even a halfway decent WR. 

We could have atleast got Alshon Jeffery, who may not blow the top off of every defense in the league but he can f'ing catch a football. Whats the point of having a ultra fast WR who cant run solid routes, catch and secure the football? 

This WR corp is terrible, but this Stephen Hill dude can seriously be replaced by quite a few WR's currently on free agency. 

Nah, stephen hill was terrible no doubt. But give him a couples years and I could see him becoming a great wide receiver. 

You know what really bothered me. Sometime in the first half it was like 3rd and 8 and he caught the ball 5 yards out then, with some space, couldn't make a move around the CB to get the first and was stopped just short to punt. No moves, no athleticism, it's like his brain is going too fast for his body to adjust. He just doesn't seem like a football player half the time. Which sucks bc he can clearly separate and has some major top end speed and length. 

You know what really bothered me. Sometime in the first half it was like 3rd and 8 and he caught the ball 5 yards out then, with some space, couldn't make a move around the CB to get the first and was stopped just short to punt. No moves, no athleticism, it's like his brain is going too fast for his body to adjust. He just doesn't seem like a football player half the time. Which sucks bc he can clearly separate and has some major top end speed and length.

He runs like his legs have separate functions.

Cant seriously can't believe Mike Tannenbaum had this dude as a 1st round grade drafting him out of college.

Hill was drafted in the 2nd, and plenty of people had him in that area of the draft in the press world.

My opinion is that the perception of him and especially his long term potential is as delusional and exaggerated in the negative now as it was in the positive last year. From that perspective I think he's coming on better than not, and it's just a matter of getting the reps he will be getting. He's not a future superstar, but I've seen signs he has a shot at having a career playing WR. 

Nah, stephen hill was terrible no doubt. But give him a couples years and I could see him becoming a great wide receiver. 

que couple years que couple years?! He's a WR not a QB. Rookie WRs come into this league and catch the ball. He gets open and should be snatching balls out of the sky with his height but he's catching the ball with his body which is some sh*t you learn to stop in high school. This sunday watch Calvin or AJ or Dez. They dont wait for the ball to come to them, the go and grab the ball out of the air. If Stephen Hill hasnt figured out that to this point, he's no good. Cut Gates like limb that was bitten by a zombie, and bring in Braylon to teach Hill how to catch...

que couple years que couple years?! He's a WR not a QB. Rookie WRs come into this league and catch the ball. He gets open and should be snatching balls out of the sky with his height but he's catching the ball with his body which is some sh*t you learn to stop in high school. This sunday watch Calvin or AJ or Dez. They dont wait for the ball to come to them, the go and grab the ball out of the air. If Stephen Hill hasnt figured out that to this point, he's no good. Cut Gates like limb that was bitten by a zombie, and bring in Braylon to teach Hill how to catch...

Calvin dropped many passes his rookie season. WR is a hard position to learn. Wr's often take off in their third nfl season (I believe). You guys are having way to high expectations for a 2nd rounder. He was raw coming in so he needs time to learn. Very few wr's do well their first two years, they need time to grow.

He outweighed the guy by 40 lbs, but he forgot he had a shoulder.  You have to square up on a guy like that and bowl him over, not run sideways and let him lay you down.

Calvin dropped many passes his rookie season. WR is a hard position to learn. Wr's often take off in their third nfl season (I believe). You guys are having way to high expectations for a 2nd rounder. He was raw coming in so he needs time to learn. Very few wr's do well their first two years, they need time to grow.

That's right.  Laverneues Coles did almost nothing for us the first two years, then came on strong.  Over at the Giants, Amani Toomer did nothing for 3 years, then came on strong also.

If you draft a WR and he's good right away, you are lucky.  Usually it takes time.  I don't know why.

I am in the middle on Hill.  Yeah, he may still develop into something better.  But it's going to be painful watching him and waiting for that to happen.  He may well have too many negatives to ever get to be an above average receiver.

At this point I think it's safe to say that he so far has not justified his being a second round pick, and probably never will.

That's right.  Laverneues Coles did almost nothing for us the first two years, then came on strong.  Over at the Giants, Amani Toomer did nothing for 3 years, then came on strong also.

If you draft a WR and he's good right away, you are lucky.  Usually it takes time.  I don't know why.

It probably has to do with learning all the routes and getting the right footwork. Wr is a difficult position to play, it takes years for rookie wr's to learn the position. Everyone is having way to high expectations on Hill, he was raw coming out of college, so I'd imagine it's going to take him even longer to get it down, but once he does he'll be good. People need to remember that players like Aj Green who come out of college and do extremely well their first year are rare. Hell, a lot of wr's don't even play their rookie year. If Hill wasn't raw coming out of college, we wouldn't have gotten him in the 2nd. 

He will become a good WR. It will take until next season though. Most high first round WR's take 3 years to develop, let alone raw second rounders. 

Right now, after he boycotted our chance to be 2-0; I can't stand the dude but at the same time I think he is going to be at the very least, a good WR.  I expect him to be more consistent catching the ball as was the case with Braylon early in his career.  If you watch Hill play, it seen that he always separate from his defender.  

Archived