Darrell Green's son worked out for the Jets today

drocksthaparty

Jets worked out Darrell Green’s son today Jared

Posted by Damond Talbot on
September 16th, 2013 |
Categories : Prospects

Today the New York Jets worked out former Southern Football standout Jared Green.  Green was blown away by the facility and staff and seemed extremely happy to have a work out.  Green is super fast, and is the son of former lockdown corner Darrell Green.

Had a good workout with the New York Jets today. The best facility I’ve been to yet w/ great people from the top down. Hope to be back #Jets

Green was previously with the Dallas Cowboys and had a short stint with the Carolina Panthers as well.  Green could be a huge deep threat for Geno if signed. Jared is one of my Diamond in the Rough players from a few years back.  He is a very solid player, and a great person.  We are pulling for him @DraftDiamonds.

The Jets worked out Lamont Bryant as well, the former Morgan State and HBCU top tight end.  Bryant is huge, and Green is fast. Tons of upside on both of these players.

I'd rather have guys with some sort of potential than Clyde Gates, who is a complete waste of space.

I think you will find that Clyde Gates is eons ahead of these "diamonds in the rough".  Playing WR in the NFL is a real tough gig. At least Gates has some experience, these guys are super green.

Archived