NEW ENGLAND DIDN'T LET INJURIES IMPEDE SUCCESS

RSJ

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/60311.htm

NEW ENGLAND DIDN'T LET INJURIES IMPEDE SUCCESS

December 26, 2005 -- THE Patriots have been bound, gagged, chained in a weighted trunk, dropped deeper into the deep blue sea than any depth chart has ever gone and still have come up holding the AFC East title. So the Jets, playing out the string, can spare us the violin strings about what might have been.

They lost two quarterbacks, two offensive linemen, one receiver, and one linebacker before the team had played six games and have cried a river to 3-11. The Patriots will be wheeled into the Meadowlands tonight snarling on their gurneys, convinced whatever minor problems they have had en route to 9-5 are psychosomatic.

The Patriots lost Pro Bowl safety Rodney Harrison to a knee operation. The Pats say he's out for the season, which means we'll see him by the fourth quarter, just like we saw Tedy Bruschi, back six games from a stroke, playing almost as well as ever and at a different linebacking position.

We would be impressed had not Bruschi spent six weeks seeing cardiologists, wasting time deciding whether he was risking death. There were more important things to do, like defending a Super Bowl championship. Finally Bruschi came back, like Richard Seymour (out four games) came back, like Corey Dillon (missing virtually three games) and Kevin Faulk (gone eight games) came back, being the Frankenstein sequels that they are.

The mad scientist who re-invented the Patriots designed them with interchangeable and indestructable parts. Ted Johnson, an anchor of their all-time, three-time World Championship linebacking corps, retired. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel left to coach the Browns, offensive coordinator Charlie Weis took off to coach Notre Dame, leaving Bill Belichick minus left and right arms before they also took his legs, Harrison and Seymour, leaving just a head and a torso in a hooded sweatshirt where a head coach used to be.

They might as well remove the torso, too, the Patriots apparently needing only the head. Forty-four different players who have started at least one game have missed at least one. It boggles the mind, yet this Pats' defense continues to boggle great offensive minds.

Harrison's initial replacement, Guss Scott, landed on IR, before the Patriots tried James Sanders, Arturo Freeman and Michael Stone, before converting corner Randall Gay. He went on IR, too. Artrell Hawkins, a cornerback picked up off the street, is now playing safety on a team that has allowed 10 points in the last three games.

Four cornerbacks

The pats have had 44 different starters. They lost thier OC and DC and thier coach has put himself in the OC role. Where Herm blames losing on his Coordinators BB has put himself in the role. The Bears, and others are winning with 3rd string QB's. There are 53 players on a roster for a reason.

That's like comparing a Rolex with a Timex.

The Jets "might" have two more wins if PennyBoy was still playing.

They would have more than two more wins, I think they'd have finished 8-8 this year.

And Teflon Herm would at least be sweating it out concerning his job security, instead of smirking his way through this disgrace of a management job.

The pats have had 44 different starters. They lost thier OC and DC and thier coach has put himself in the OC role. Where Herm blames losing on his Coordinators BB has put himself in the role. The Bears, and others are winning with 3rd string QB's. There are 53 players on a roster for a reason.

Also from the NYPost

In total, 62 players have played in at least one game for the Jets, a remarkable number when you realize they take 45 to each game and 80 are in training camp.

All of that equals a 3-11 record for the Jets as they play the 9-5 Patriots, who have persevered through a litany of injuries themselves, though they always had Tom Brady under center.

Also from the NYPost

In total, 62 players have played in at least one game for the Jets, a remarkable number when you realize they take 45 to each game and 80 are in training camp.

All of that equals a 3-11 record for the Jets as they play the 9-5 Patriots, who have persevered through a litany of injuries themselves, though they always had Tom Brady under center.

Switch coaching staffs.

Are the Jets 3-11, and are the Pats 9-5?

Also from the NYPost

The pats have had over 63 players play in atleast one game.

This is not basketball one player does not make that much of a difference.

To: GimmeShelter

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:49 am

Subject: Hypothetical

If Brady and Flutie went down, the Pats would be lucky to have one victory this year.

I don't want to say that one the main board. It's too much fun riling up Jet fans by creating controversy.

ouch! :shock::lol:

nice gs ;)

To: GimmeShelter

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:49 am

Subject: Hypothetical

If Brady and Flutie went down, the Pats would be lucky to have one victory this year.

I don't want to say that one the main board. It's too much fun riling up Jet fans by creating controversy.

Who is PatsFanTX2?

Switch coaching staffs.

Are the Jets 3-11, and are the Pats 9-5?

no, the jets are probably 5-9(dolphins game last week, new orleans game--bb makes different play calls) and the pats are probably 8-6, maybe 7-7 at worse...bb hasn't been the one bringing the patriots back in the fourth quarter, albeit he DOES basically let brady go at it...its still tom brady.

If you take montana off those great 49er teams...they are never known as a dynasty. Not only was montana their best player, but also their field general, like chad was for us. Brady is the same thing for the patriots, if he's picked 3 picks earlier by some random team and cut in camp--there is never any patriots dynasty talk, b/c you guys would probably still be stuck with the "great" drew bledsoe

I cannot wait until Brady goes down on IR 3 weeks into the season and the Patriots stumble to go 5-11.

Dude, Brady has missed exactly 2 quarters of football in his entire 5 year career.

He's not like that pansy china doll figurine that has yet to play a full season for the pathetic Jets.

He's not like that pansy china doll figurine that has yet to play a full season for the pathetic Jets.

When can you get it through your god damn head that you have NOTHING to do with the Patriots success over the past four seasons. NOTHING. Don't come on this ******* message boards every god damn day with your air of superiority over Jets fans.

You deserve to tear both of your ACLs, achilles tendon, and end up in a wheelchair for the next ten years.

You should have been banned from both boards from day one with your garbage, nonsensical points and constant harping about the Patriots, of which you don't control anything they do. I've had enough of these clown posts of yours on an everyday basis mocking Robertson, Pennington, Abraham, Curtis, whoever. How about if the Jets are such a ******* terrible organization, and every move they make is bad, that Belichick goes out there and beats them by 60 tonight? How about that? Just go out there and whip the Jets by 60 ******* points, if Kraft, Pioli, are such honorable, wonderful men who own the NFL.

Furthermore, what right do you have to be questioning the manhood of Chad Pennington? This ******* guy played half of last season with a shredded shoulder and gutted it out at probably 60% of his health. I don't want to hear some spoiled, pampered Pats fan come on here and rag on him about being a pansy. Take your 3 Super Bowls, you have a great ******* football team, but it doesn't make Pennington a weak human being. Question his arm, question his talent, strength, intelligence, but NEVER question the man's heart. ******* pathetic.

When can you get it through your god damn head that you have NOTHING to do with the Patriots success over the past four seasons. NOTHING. Don't come on this farging message boards every god damn day with your air of superiority over Jets fans.

You deserve to tear both of your ACLs, achilles tendon, and end up in a wheelchair for the next ten years.

You should have been banned from both boards from day one with your garbage, nonsensical points and constant harping about the Patriots, of which you don't control anything they do. I've had enough of these clown posts of yours on an everyday basis mocking Robertson, Pennington, Abraham, Curtis, whoever. How about if the Jets are such a farging terrible organization, and every move they make is bad, that Belichick goes out there and beats them by 60 tonight? How about that? Just go out there and whip the Jets by 60 farging points, if Kraft, Pioli, are such honorable, wonderful men who own the NFL.

Furthermore, what right do you have to be questioning the manhood of Chad Pennington? This farging guy played half of last season with a shredded shoulder and gutted it out at probably 60% of his health. I don't want to hear some spoiled, pampered Pats fan come on here and rag on him about being a pansy. Take your 3 Super Bowls, you have a great farging football team, but it doesn't make Pennington a weak human being. Question his arm, question his talent, strength, intelligence, but NEVER question the man's heart. farging pathetic.

What horse did you ride in on?

Welcome to the board. Now that you have your first post out of the way here are a few things for you to take:

1) Chill the hell out. We're a tight group here and we rag on each other from time to time. If you're going to wet your panties every time a Pats fan bashes a Jet player or coach you're gonna have a large laundry bill.

2) We don't ban people here for having a dissenting opinion. The only people who get banned here are the ones who go out of their way to disrupt the relative sense or order that everyone has here.

3) Your reply was childish and utterly ridiculous. In case you haven't noticed, the Jets suck complete rear end this year. Believe it or not, there are still Jets fans out there who act like the Jets are 14-0.

4) Pennington has heart, no one dismisses that. But that's about it right now. Mixed in with his heart are playoff disasters, and a yet to be completed full season with a $64 Million salary. Excuse us if we don't get his space at Canton ready just yet.

2) We don't ban people here for having a dissenting opinion. The only people who get banned here are the ones who go out of their way to disrupt the relative sense or order that everyone has here.

3) Your reply was childish and utterly ridiculous. In case you haven't noticed, the Jets suck complete rear end this year. Believe it or not, there are still Jets fans out there who act like the Jets are 14-0.

Dissenting opinions are fine, and I've been reading this board for the entire season. It's a complete farce that you keep a clown like TX around. He adds NOTHING to the board. What insight does he provide? The Pats are great, they overcome injuries, they have great coaching, Brady is better than Penny. Yea no kidding, let's sign this guy up to write for SI.

All the ******* guy does is rip on the Jets, time after time, same players, same coaches. He adds zero to the intellectual value of this board. He's a joke whose only role is to rile up fans with his nonsensical rants and opinions. Anyone can use 20/20 hindsight to make the stupid goddamn points over and over that clown show provides.

When can you get it through your god damn head that you have NOTHING to do with the Patriots success over the past four seasons. NOTHING. Don't come on this farging message boards every god damn day with your air of superiority over Jets fans.

You should have been banned from both boards from day one with your garbage, nonsensical points and constant harping about the Patriots, of which you don't control anything they do. I've had enough of these clown posts of yours on an everyday basis mocking Robertson, Pennington, Abraham, Curtis, whoever. How about if the Jets are such a farging terrible organization, and every move they make is bad, that Belichick goes out there and beats them by 60 tonight? How about that? Just go out there and whip the Jets by 60 farging points, if Kraft, Pioli, are such honorable, wonderful men who own the NFL.

Furthermore, what right do you have to be questioning the manhood of Chad Pennington? This farging guy played half of last season with a shredded shoulder and gutted it out at probably 60% of his health. I don't want to hear some spoiled, pampered Pats fan come on here and rag on him about being a pansy. Take your 3 Super Bowls, you have a great farging football team, but it doesn't make Pennington a weak human being. Question his arm, question his talent, strength, intelligence, but NEVER question the man's heart. farging pathetic.

Max, congrats on your recruiting efforts.

Looks like you now have a whinny little baby as a member. #-o

These could be fun. Yo - GG, go make some popcorn. :lol:

WOOT ...got it ms. chick pea :hap: how about some lyrics also ;)

It's getting late have you seen my mates

Ma tell me when the boys get here

It's seven o'clock and I want to rock

Want to get a belly full of beer

My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys

And my old lady she don't care

My sister looks cute in her braces and boots

A handful of grease in her hair

Don't give us none of your aggravation

We had it with your discipline

Saturday night's alright for fighting

Get a little action in

Get about as oiled as a diesel train

Gonna set this dance alight

`Cause Saturday night's the night I like

Saturday night's alright alright alright

Well they're packed pretty tight in here tonight

I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right

I may use a little muscle to get what I need

I may sink a little drink and shout out "She's with me!"

A couple of the sound that I really like

Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike

I'm a juvenile product of the working class

Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass

Dissenting opinions are fine, and I've been reading this board for the entire season. It's a complete farce that you keep a clown like TX around. He adds NOTHING to the board. What insight does he provide? The Pats are great, they overcome injuries, they have great coaching, Brady is better than Penny. Yea no kidding, let's sign this guy up to write for SI.

All the farging guy does is rip on the Jets, time after time, same players, same coaches. He adds zero to the intellectual value of this board. He's a joke whose only role is to rile up fans with his nonsensical rants and opinions. Anyone can use 20/20 hindsight to make the stupid goddamn points over and over that clown show provides.

Uh... Tx adds plenty. He knows his football. Yeah, he riles up fans, but that's part of his gig. I've had many debates with Tx on things. There's a wealth of football knowledge on this board, be it Pats fans, Jets fans, Dolphin fans, Bears fans, Lions fans, Bills fans, or what have you. Just relax and enjoy the board.

Exactly what do you want me to respond to?

Anything to defend your lack of contribution on this board. What is it that you add? You insult the same players over and over (Pennington, Robertson, Curtis), etc. with no meaningful contributions. Do you have anything knowledgeable to add? 85% of your posts is the same clown show garbage, over and over, Penny is weak, DRob slob, Curtis is slow, etc. Why is it if the Jets are such a stupid organization with such terrible players and coaches, that they've managed to win any games over the past five years?

SportsGuru

patsfanTx knows his football- he likes to instigate on occasion . You have to try not to take so seriously comments that are meant to generate discussion and be provacative We get along fine here with the Pat fans on this board-it is all in good fun and not so serious as life and death-it is only sporting events

Archived