NEW ENGLAND DIDN'T LET INJURIES IMPEDE SUCCESS

RSJ

Did NE play with their 3rd string QB?

Until then, none of the rest matters. The NFL is a QB driven league. No QB = No Success. If you do not have someone who can at least manage the game, you do not have a prayer.

Right on! The Steelers lost Ben for 4 games and were lucky to come out of it 2-2. Would the pats fare any better had they lost Tomy Brady? Doug Flutie is shaky to say the least. How about if the Colts lost Peyton for 4 games, Jim Sorgi? Bengals, Jon Kitna? QB is the most important position injury wise, IMO. I've seen first hand how difficult it is to even beat bad teams with poor QB'ing.

Anything to defend your lack of contribution on this board. What is it that you add? You insult the same players over and over (Pennington, Robertson, Curtis), etc. with no meaningful contributions. Do you have anything knowledgeable to add? 85% of your posts is the same clown show garbage, over and over, Penny is weak, DRob slob, Curtis is slow, etc. Why is it if the Jets are such a stupid organization with such terrible players and coaches, that they've managed to win any games over the past five years?

First of all, I said PennyBoy was a mediocre (at the very best) QB back when he had the fluke year in 2002. If you watched any of the games, he did not (and still does not) have a strong enough arm to make all the throws necessary in the NFL.

And on top of that, he has yet to play a full regular season. And what do the stupid Jets do? Sign him to a ridiculous $64 million contract. #-o

As for DFat, he is an underachieving slob. He is mediocre at best and does not dominate the LOS. And what did the stupid Jets do? They gave up two 1sts and a 4th for this bust.

The Jets haven't even played in a Super Bowl in 37 years in part because of these stupid moves.

Open you eyes, see it for yourself.

I said PennyBoy was a mediocre (at the very best) QB back when he had the fluke year in 2002

I don't think Chad Pennington was mediocre in 2002, but fair enough. My issue is with challenging his willingness to play through pain. This is a quarterback who started with a torn rotator cuff for a number of games last season, and even won a playoff game under the condition. He did the same thing in the fourth quarter of the Jaguars game this season.

He is mediocre at best and does not dominate the LOS. And what did the stupid Jets do? They gave up two 1sts and a 4th for this bust.

Keep in mind, DeWayne Robertson had a very good season last year. Jerome Bettis said he was one of the best defensive players the Steelers faced. You act is if it is so cut and dried regarding him. Even if the Jets hadn't traded up for him, another team would have drafted him with a top 7 pick. Is the NFL full of idiotic general managers?

I said PennyBoy was a mediocre (at the very best) QB back when he had the fluke year in 2002

I don't think Chad Pennington was mediocre in 2002, but fair enough. My issue is with challenging his willingness to play through pain. This is a quarterback who started with a torn rotator cuff for a number of games last season, and even won a playoff game under the condition. He did the same thing in the fourth quarter of the Jaguars game this season.

He is mediocre at best and does not dominate the LOS. And what did the stupid Jets do? They gave up two 1sts and a 4th for this bust.

Keep in mind, DeWayne Robertson had a very good season last year. Jerome Bettis said he was one of the best defensive players the Steelers faced. You act is if it is so cut and dried regarding him. Even if the Jets hadn't traded up for him, another team would have drafted him with a top 7 pick. Is the NFL full of idiotic general managers?

Dude, I never ONCE questioned/made fun of/ridiculed PennyBoy for playing with pain. Actually, I am very impressed with his efforts, especially last season.

My point is the guy is totally injury prone. Some guys just are, and it looks like PennyBoy is one of them. Smart teams do not extend contracts, especially for $64 million, to players who have yet to play a full 16-game season.

As for DFat, he had one poor season (his rookie year), one decent (nothing special and not a Pro Bowler)season last year and he has been below average for the majority of games this year.

Smart teams do not give up two 1st's and a 4th for a work-out warrior who really hasn't done crap.

Archived