•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mangold, Colon, and Brick.. No suspension!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

sorry, no Jets players facing suspensions for their actions Thursday night as reported on @CBSSports Sunday morning. all 3 will be fined

#2 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Colon's lucky

#3 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Wow, thought for sure Colon was done.

#4 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hurray

#5 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,486 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Circus

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#6 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Eat more fiber.

#7 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Eat more fiber.

Hahahaha Good 1.

#8 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Eat more fiber.

I drink Guinness and whiskey pretty much everyday, I haven't sh*t solid in 25 years. I'm as regular as it gets.

#9 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Cheating jets Goodell and Woody bang etc etc

#10 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

As per Adam Schefter the league will not suspend the Jets players that were involved in the fight at the end of the game last week vs the New England Patriots.

Center Nick Mangold tackled Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib low and out of bounds.  A penalty flag was thrown for a personal foul against Mangold.  Then the festivities began, it seemed like every player was involved.  Willie Colon was ejected for bumping an official and D’Brickashaw Ferguson was ejected for throwing punches.

Ferguson seemed the most likely to receive a suspension, so the Jets will be happy with this news.  Rex Ryan said, “I know that when Nick went to make the tackle, his intent was to get the guy on the ground. He had no malicious intent. That’s for sure. But as it played out, I can understand because the hit ends up being, as the guy goes out of bounds, his back turns to him, so he hits him out of bounds. So, I understand the penalty, but it wasn’t intentional by any stretch.”

Rex was also asked about Bill Belichick yelling at Mangold on the sideline.  Rex’s answer was pretty honest, “I’ve gotten after several of his players and everybody else’s players because you don’t want to see your guy ever take a shot. Again, I’m sure he realizes that it wasn’t an intentional hit, but at the same time, you don’t want to see your players get hit. It was a hard-fought game and things happened in that game. There’s no question. Against rivals, sometimes the intensity picks up.”

You can read more and discuss this in our New York Jets message board.

#11 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,905 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Would not have been surprised at all if Colon had been hit with a suspension, but glad to see he wasn't.  Mangold was never even a consideration for a suspension, but a fine was obvious.  Frankly, if Brick is getting fined, a number of Pats players deserve to be as well, but seeing as how they weren't penalized, I'm sure that will be ignored.  Whatever, in the end they can all certainly afford it, so it's just good that there won't be anything beyond that.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night... TL;DR

#12 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,162 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Yep. I thought the question was whether or not it was going to be only 1 game or if they were going to hit him with more.  In hindsight I realize even though he shoved the official & he fell, it's not likely Colon pushed him with the intention of knocking him to the ground, and multi-game suspensions are pretty rare unless you're talking about repeat offenders and it's REALLY severe.  Like Haynesworth intentionally & repeatedly stomping on someone's head type of severe.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#13 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,382 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well The Jets lucked out with Colon- touching a ref is most likely a death sentence in sports

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#14 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,905 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well The Jets lucked out with Colon- touching a ref is most likely a death sentence in sports

Perhaps even the NFL has come to realize what an incompetent bunch of dipsh*ts these refs are, so figured they had deserved it.  Especially after overturning that fumble call.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night... TL;DR

#15 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Perhaps even the NFL has come to realize what an incompetent bunch of dipsh*ts these refs are, so figured they had deserved it.  Especially after overturning that fumble call.

Amen to that.  It would be nice if they told those bunch of hacks that they'd better start getting calls right and quit the favoritism or they were going to turn the players loose on them with no consequences, but it'd never happen.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#16 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,297 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Absolutely.  I thought there would be no way out of a multi-game suspension at least for Colon.

#17 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

what still gets me is that only the Jets were in danger of discipline. it was a fight. they weren't fighting themselves.

#18 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,648 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

somewhere jim nantz just fired off a nasty text to roger for his bosses buddy krafty

“I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”

#19 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I drink Guinness and whiskey pretty much everyday, I haven't sh*t solid in 25 years. 

Somehow.  I knew this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users