Geno Smith: 'I'm the guy' for N.Y. Jets, not Matt Simms

Sperm Edwards

To be fair to him, I don't know how the kid is supposed to answer this.  Don't say you think you're the man - or don't reply to it at all - and people will think you don't have confidence in yourself and are likely a poor leader.  Express too much confidence in yourself - particularly when you're not exactly repeating Peyton Manning's week 1 performance - and you're going to come across as arrogant at best, and an arrogant douchebag who's badmouthing his teammate at worst.  Especially when he knows damn well Simms was not competing for the starting job all summer with him & Sanchez.

Another reason NFL teams should stop giving access to hacks.  The team and the player both have issues with how coverage destroys the brand.  They will either control the message or watch their product destroyed.  More Randy Lange or Eric Allen types and less douchnozzles.

I really thought it was a bad cut and paste where half the content gets deleted by accident.

Therein lies the problem.  For the most part, real journalism died a very long time ago.  No firsthand research, no original POV -- just a bunch of no talent hacks drawing from the same poorly assembled pool of information and misinformation.  

Archived