Is Testaverde gonna start tonight, or what?

Preston Howley III

If the Pats win tonite and next week against the Phins and the Bengals lose next week, the Pats will move up to the 3rd seed.

Which really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that does is make them avoid the colts in round 2 if they make it that far. Honestly, I think NE would rather play Indy than Denver.

Love how Edwards makes it sound like Testaverde is Mickey Mantle or some BS like that, and that jets fans are clamoring to give him a big sendoff. Testaverde did some good work here, especially in 1998. But I'm missing the point of how playing him in a meaningless game in which he could get seriously hurt makes any sense when you really need to get Bollinger as much work as possible to figure out if he can play. Plus, between the weather, the awful season and the piss poor timing of this game, there might not be 30,000 Jets fans in the stadium tonight. Kinda figure his INTs vs . the Ravens in 2000 don't figure to be prominently featured.

The more you think about it the less you really want to think about Jets history. No matter who is in charge it's pretty much sucked. All the more reason that having "Vinny Night" is more embarrassing than celebratory for the Jets franchise. Heck, how do you say Testaverde outplayed JohN Elway in the AFC title game without mentioning all the fumbles that cost them that game(and probably a Super Bowl ring?). Even the best moment in his whole career is bitter.

IMO, the Pats are better off as the four seed....bring on Jax! Not that Jax is a gimme....but it looks like a better match-up on paper.

That said, it is raining pretty steady in Boston. What is the forecast for tonights game? Anyone? If the field sucks - I'd prefer the Pats do not play their starters all game.

Vinny T is the biggest joke in Ny sports.

The ******* guy didn't win a ******* thing ...ever...he's a world class loser.

Why does he need a sendoff? He doesn't deserve one.

Only a completely incompetent HC like Herm would play a 57yr old Vinny T after all the hard work and punishment brooks has had to endure this season.

I hope He doesn't see the field...In fact...I hope they strip him of his roster spot and make him watch the game from sect.334...row 30.

Which really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that does is make them avoid the colts in round 2 if they make it that far. Honestly, I think NE would rather play Indy than Denver.

I want that scenario baddddddddddddddd! I want the Pats to host the Steelers in round 1 so we can finally get that monkey off our backs! [-o<

The farging guy didn't win a farging thing ...ever...he's a world class loser.

Only a completely incompetent HC like Herm would play a 57yr old Vinny T after all the hard work and punishment brooks has had to endure this season.

I hope He doesn't see the field...In fact...I hope they strip him of his roster spot and make him watch the game from sect.334...row 30.

Go on Smizzy... tell us how you really feel.

The farging guy didn't win a farging thing ...ever...he's a world class loser.

how pathetic is this franchise? look no further than the all-time QB list:

1. namath

2. ken o'brien

3. vinny t

4. richard todd

5. chad pennington

It's just excuse after excuse...yr after yr.

Who is accountable for this failure of this franchise?

Nobody? Are you ******* serious? This is the worst run franchise in the NFL....look no further then our stadium debacle and the fact we are moving to NEW JERSEY.

This entire organzation is a joke. from the Quaterback to woody johnson himself.

Archived