TRADE dept. : are the jets talking to the vikings re a trade ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who wouldn't trade for AP is a fool. In my opinion, he's well on his way to becoming the GOAT. Imagine if he had the Jets' OL to run behind. I'm jizzing just thinking about it.

I'd honestly trade 3 first-rounders if it meant getting AP. 

thank god you are not the jets gm

Anyone who wouldn't trade for AP is a fool. In my opinion, he's well on his way to becoming the GOAT. Imagine if he had the Jets' OL to run behind. I'm jizzing just thinking about it.

I'd honestly trade 3 first-rounders if it meant getting AP. 

won't get it done.  the GM in minny would have to be better off the day of the trade.  it would take 2 starters and 3-5 picks minimum. looking over the jets roster, you have to make cap room as well, so you have to send minny 2 starters who make good money.  I bet minny would want wilkerson and cromartie plus the 3- 5 picks

how are the jets a better team after something like that ?

Ziggy is NOT trading his drawing card. Unlike the Jet's Johnson he did not inherit most of his wealth and is not alienating the fan base of his new stadium

if he can make/save some coin,..he'll do it  :winking0001:

While I'm not in for trading for a RB everyone seems very quick to dismiss the running game. Even teams who pass alot would love to be able to run out a game and keep the ball out of the opponents hands in the 4th quarter and avoid a potential game winning drive by your opponent.

If you have a great defense in place and a very solid running game that's not a bad way to win games and it is still a viable option. Also keep in mind if you can wear down an opponent with a punishing running game you will most likely have the upper hand in the 4th Quarter when the game is on the line and the defense you are facing is exhausted. Great example of this was the 1990 SB with the Bills and Giants. That Buffalo team was in the same mold of many of the explosive offenses we see today and the Giants shut them down by keeping the ball out of their hands and sustaining long punishing drives. I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, the Bills scored every time they had the ball (except on the last drive LOL) so the only way to beat them was the plan Parcells adopted and it worked. I would take the team with a powerful running game great defense and solid passing game over the prolific passing team every single time.

Team to watch this year, that's in that mold is the KC Chiefs very good running team playing solid defense with nothing special in the passing game but competent enough to score when pushed and a solid QB who makes very few mistakes. We will probably see them split with Denver this year not trying to out gun Peyton but just trying to keep the ball the hell away from him.

i'm not sure you're getting my point...i think the jets would make the playoffs if they had an all world running back. I also think they would have zero chance of getting through the divisional round of said playoffs because of their complete lack of a viable QB to do anything but throw the wrong jersey color.

The Vikings have been doing this for years...no QB, good defense...and they are worthless come playoff time. 

You need a QB, nothing else compares.

i'm not sure you're getting my point...i think the jets would make the playoffs if they had an all world running back. I also think they would have zero chance of getting through the divisional round of said playoffs because of their complete lack of a viable QB to do anything but throw the wrong jersey color.

The Vikings have been doing this for years...no QB, good defense...and they are worthless come playoff time. 

You need a ~ ~  FRANCHISE ~ ~ QB, nothing else compares.

Fixed ^ ^ 

cheers ~ ~ 

:cheer:

Archived