Knicks fire GM Glen Grunwald

Matt39

Steve Mills was with the Knicks when they hired Isiaih Thomas.He has never been a personnel guy.

Dolan had Donnie Walsh offer to groom either Allan Houston or Chris Mullin to be GM, and instead he dumped him with the same "reassigment" nonsense.

Doing this on the eve of training camp is really crazy.

Steve Mills was with the Knicks when they hired Isiaih Thomas.He has never been a personnel guy.

Dolan had Donnie Walsh offer to groom either Allan Houston or Chris Mullin to be GM, and instead he dumped him with the same "reassigment" nonsense.

Doing this on the eve of training camp is really crazy.

The beginning point was the Carmelo trade. Ever since then, it's been back to the same predictable Knicks mid 2000's type moves. They're lucky they have talent at the moment that can get them to the playoffs. The needle is pointing down however. Way down. I'll abstain from patting myself on the back though about being right.

caught stephen a today when he came on

says its for recruiting purposes and for keeping melo.  says it doesn't mean isaiah is coming back

says mills has awesome rep around league and with players

Recruiting purposes?

Its NY. Not Minnesota. Mills was here once and was a disaster. Isiah never left either btw.

Actually, NM. It's Dolan. Until he;s gone they'll be a disaster.

It's bizarre and I honestly can only come to one conclusion; Dolan wants someone gone that Grunwald didn't. Case closed.  Grunwald was allowed to complete numerous trades and acquisitions throughout the entire off-season, including some pretty big names in Bargs and Beno.  He was still toying with the roster up until a few days ago, so close to the beginning of camp. Bringing in guys like Tyler and Aldrich, it has you thinking that he could quite possibly hit on one of them, as he seems to have an eye for the end-of-the-bench type of players.  Why let him have control of the draft and all off-season moves and wait until now? The only thing that makes sense is that Grunwald disagreed with that f*cking midget over future personnel moves, ie. Shumpert.  Where there's smoke there's fire, and since that grudge-holding, petty little hobbit is known for being irrational, he clearly wants shumpert gone for some reason.  

Woody and Grunwald obviously disagree with Dolan about Shump. Now, I'm not the biggest Shumpert fan in the world and certainly wouldn't mind losing him for a legitimate player, but Dolan seems to just want him gone for the sake of having him off the team. He makes being a fan of the team hard, but I guess I'll just wait and see how things shake out. Dude is the god damned devil.

He is 10000000 times worse than Woody. Why you guys fight me on this I'll never understand.

No one fights you on Dolan being a horrible owner.

Knick fans fight you because youre a Knick hating a$$hole troll. There's a difference.

Recruiting purposes?

Its NY. Not Minnesota. Mills was here once and was a disaster. Isiah never left either btw.

Actually, NM. It's Dolan. Until he;s gone they'll be a disaster.

high cost of living, high taxes, brutal winters, NY isn't a slam dunk.  I was a head hunter.  getting people here that didn't grow up here is very difficult if they have choices

yes recruiting.  giving melo confidence you can build around him.

high cost of living, high taxes, brutal winters, NY isn't a slam dunk.  I was a head hunter.  getting people here that didn't grow up here is very difficult if they have choices

yes recruiting.  giving melo confidence you can build around him.

Building around Melo is problem numero uno.

As far as NY goes, winning and cap space is your best recruiter.

Ok. Lets meet in the middle. How about Melo doesnt take the max to allow others to come to NY? What's preventing him from doing that?

Im not going to pass judgment until I know what Melo signs for and the cap implications for the team.

It doesnt make sense for you to pass judgment at least a year before it happens, now does it?

My gut says that if Melo opts out it is solely to sign elsewhere.

Come on. You know Woody has different rules for those CAA boys. Why do you think JR was allowed to sabotage the playoffs?

Dolan is the worst owner in New York, but the fact remains that his team has a winning record for the last 3 consecutive seasons and made the playoffs in each.

The Giants, Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils and Islanders cant say that and each of those teams have a better owner.

Thus, your statement that Dolan's horribleness was directly intertwined with the on-court product doesnt hold true. What this means is that the Knicks FO and players have a winning record in spite of Dolan.

ISIAH's BUDDY STEVE MILLS!!! Just refused to confirm that Isiah won't be coming back to the organization in some capacity.

@IanBegley

Steve Mills says on @ESPNNY98_7FM that Isiah Thomas won't be coming back to the #Knicks.

Dolan is the worst owner in New York, but the fact remains that his team has a winning record for the last 3 consecutive seasons and made the playoffs in each.

The Giants, Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils and Islanders cant say that and each of those teams have a better owner.

Thus, your statement that Dolan's horribleness was directly intertwined with the on-court product doesnt hold true. What this means is that the Knicks FO and players have a winning record in spite of Dolan.

The Knicks resigned JR Smith to a big contract and then the guy goes and gets knee surgery. 

LOL, no one here kisses Dolan's ass.

You either love arguing with a Strawman about Dolan or are an idiot.

Supporting the Knicks is kissing Dolan's ass. The Knicks dont deserve a fanbase- the only reason he gets away with what he does is because they have an arena in the middle of Manhattan. Dolan is scum of the earth and people who still support the franchise are blind. There is no interest in winning a championship at MSG.

Supporting the Knicks is kissing Dolan's ass. The Knicks dont deserve a fanbase- the only reason he gets away with what he does is because they have an arena in the middle of Manhattan. Dolan is scum of the earth and people who still support the franchise are blind. There is no interest in winning a championship at MSG.

You are going to give a bunch of Jets fans a lecture that they shouldn't support a fanbase that shows no interest in winning a championship? 

Archived