Lulz: Schottenheimer: The Grumbling Begins

Lizard King

2 TD's...he's getting his targets but Schotty's lack of creativity is probably leading to him getting his catches on screens most of the plays.  6.2 ypc is horrible.

2 td's is pretty good for a rookie, no ?      I hated sh*tty, but he never coached sanchez to throw it to the DT, at some point it's on the players

what I saw on the thursday night game was austin was getting a lot of attention, a lot of safety over the top and bracket coverage. 

2 td's is pretty good for a rookie, no ?      I hated sh*tty, but he never coached sanchez to throw it to the DT, at some point it's on the players

what I saw on the thursday night game was austin was getting a lot of attention, a lot of safety over the top and bracket coverage. 

Yep.

I'm pretty sure he didn't coach Bradford to poorly throw at a receiver all alone in the EZ.  Wasn't even that long of a pass either.  Kellen Clemens probably completes that one.  I forget exactly how the play unfolded, but it would seem the play design worked perfectly.  All Bradford had to do was throw it to an uncovered receiver and this was too much of a task.  Think it was Cook or the other TE, but I can't remember for sure.

I'm waiting to see what it was everyone said was so awesome about Bradford.  I'm not saying he's a bust, and freely admit I don't watch every offensive snap in every Rams game, but just that I'm not seeing what makes him a superior talent.  Or even an average one.

People actually defended this

brianschottenheimer.gif

I disliked schotty as much as the next guy, but if Mark throws that ball quick enough to hit mcknight as soon as he comes out of his break, that's a first down.  I've seen green bay much run this exact same pattern with cobb, nelson, finley and jones a couple of times this season already.  It's just that where Mark hesitates and is a solid second late, Rodgers has that ball out to cobb on the outside for a first down; I mean christ he's a yard away from the first down marker where he's standing, with the dback 5 yards off and going the opposite direction, all he has to do is fall over and he gets the first down.

People actually defended this

brianschottenheimer.gif

Getting past the stick on 3rd down really is no big deal to Schitty. The checkdown completion doesn't hurt stats.

The one thing that jumps out is all the DBs and LBs cheating up, as if they KNOW they don't have to bother worrying baout a deep pass. It's not happening.

It's a small sample and I'm not entirely sold yet. But so far Morningwheg seems to have a good grasp of his job and how to use the talent on hand.

He has the same shortcoming as MS.  He stares at his receivers and doesn't see the entire field.  He is not good calling audible when he knows an all out blitz is coming.  Remind me of Sanchez when he used to call an audible on an all out blitz. It usually resulted in a sack, fumble or int.  The funny thing was that he always gave me the impression he had everything under control KILL KILL KILL.  I was just too naïve.   

I eventually figured out the "kill" call was going to result to a panicky INT play. I think the league figured it out as well. 

Come on, every OC calls third down plays that has every single player stop short of the first, don't they?

While this was a great example of one play, my favorite was always the repeated occurrence of having 2 or 3 WRs running theirs routes to the same spot on the field on any given play, making a throw to any one of them having the opportunity to played on by anywhere from 3 to 5 different DBs.

My favorite was always the empty backfield shotgun plays on 3rd-1, and I think maybe even on 4th and 1 a couple times if I haven't blocked them from memory yet.

my favorite was always the repeated occurrence of having 2 or 3 WRs running theirs routes to the same spot on the field on any given play, making a throw to any one of them having the opportunity to played on by anywhere from 3 to 5 different DBs.

This strategy played perfectly into utilizing the rocket arm of # 10 and then the pinpoint accuracy of # 6  ... hmm ... kinda like calling him # 6 ...  it's like 4 steps down from # 2 which is, of course, feces.

Archived