Geno Is The Freakin Man!!!

neckdemon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk all the nuances of football rules but isn't there a problem with that suggestion because the linemen can't be more than a couple of yards beyond the LoS on a pass play until the ball is thrown?

idk all the nuances of football rules but isn't there a problem with that suggestion because the linemen can't be more than a couple of yards beyond the LoS on a pass play until the ball is thrown?

Damn!  You are right.

This is a terrible argument.  Flacco had a bad game, but was super bowl MVP last year.  And he's had one of the best postseason performances over the past few years compared to most other QBs.   So yeah he had a bad game, but he's also had good games.    Sanchez, why would you mention Sanchez considering everybody thinks the guy sucks and he's only hear because of that insane contract.    

So yeah great compare Smith to Sanchez, a guy everybody wants gone.  That doesn't really support the argument.     The problem so far for Smith is he needs to have a great game.  His 'good' game also included a few more turnovers.    If he goes out in the next few weeks and has a well earned 300 Yard passing, 3 TD 0 INT 0 Fumble performance and follows that up with some more bad games, you see some hope.    If all he does is turn the ball over a few times a game, nobody is going to think he's an NFL QB.   

QBs like Sanchez who turn the ball over all the time, but rarely have big 4 TD 400+ yard performances are bad QBs.   Why would we want Smith to go down the same route?  If he is that guy, he sucks.

This is a terrible argument.  Flacco had a bad game, but was super bowl MVP last year.  And he's had one of the best postseason performances over the past few years compared to most other QBs.   So yeah he had a bad game, but he's also had good games.    Sanchez, why would you mention Sanchez considering everybody thinks the guy sucks and he's only hear because of that insane contract.    

So yeah great compare Smith to Sanchez, a guy everybody wants gone.  That doesn't really support the argument.     The problem so far for Smith is he needs to have a great game.  His 'good' game also included a few more turnovers.    If he goes out in the next few weeks and has a well earned 300 Yard passing, 3 TD 0 INT 0 Fumble performance and follows that up with some more bad games, you see some hope.    If all he does is turn the ball over a few times a game, nobody is going to think he's an NFL QB.   

QBs like Sanchez who turn the ball over all the time, but rarely have big 4 TD 400+ yard performances are bad QBs.   Why would we want Smith to go down the same route?  If he is that guy, he sucks.

Don't be ridiculous.  Sanchez continued doing stuff like this for 4 years.  Have a sense of proportion. Peyton Manning threw a sh*tload of INTs his first 4 games.  And the fact I was trying to bring across was that all QBs, even purportedly good ones, have awful days.  Thank you and good night.

Don't be ridiculous.  Sanchez continued doing stuff like this for 4 years.  Have a sense of proportion. Peyton Manning threw a sh*tload of INTs his first 4 games.  And the fact I was trying to bring across was that all QBs, even purportedly good ones, have awful days.  Thank you and good night.

yes Peyton Manning threw a lot of Int's his first season but he also threw about 28 TD's as well and the biggest factor he had absolutely ZERO mechanics problems. His mechanics were perfect and he always throws off the proper foot.... Peyton my be slow but when he drops back to throw he can re adjust his feet very quickly and make the throw off the proper foot. Why ? Because Peyton was taught proper mechanics his entire life by his QB father. Geno has bad mechanics and I'm not sure they are easily fixable you can see he did the same things in college and its probably why he fell in the draft or at least part of the reason.

Geno Smith is Quincy Carter

Matt Simms is Tony Romo

Geno smith is no where near as bad a Quincy Carter and I highly doubt Simms is the next Tony Romo ...When Carter came to the NFL he didn't even know how to throw a spiral (not joking here) they actually brought guys in to show him how to throw a football.

Relax Geno Smith is a rookie. He doesn't stink. Your overreacting. When Eli Manning & Peyton Manning were rookies they played bad now look where they are now they have 3 superbowls combined. I'm not saying Geno will win a superbowl. I'm just saying ease off the rookie for making typical rookie mistakes. He will get better and fix his mistakes. Just take it one game at a time and wait and see what happens. You can overreact when its Genos 2nd or 3rd season and he is still making mistakes.Mark Sanchez was still making rookie mistakes in his 4th season & I believe Geno Smith will have his mistakes figured out at that time.

I believe Geno is a good qb just give him time to progress. Don't overreact because of rookie mistakes. they happen. Geno will get better.

yes Peyton Manning threw a lot of Int's his first season but he also threw about 28 TD's as well and the biggest factor he had absolutely ZERO mechanics problems. His mechanics were perfect and he always throws off the proper foot.... Peyton my be slow but when he drops back to throw he can re adjust his feet very quickly and make the throw off the proper foot. Why ? Because Peyton was taught proper mechanics his entire life by his QB father. Geno has bad mechanics and I'm not sure they are easily fixable you can see he did the same things in college and its probably why he fell in the draft or at least part of the reason.

Peyton has phenomenal mechanics, always has, but you don't just poor-luck your way into 28 interceptions. He threw the ball and threw it a lot, but to think he never mead a mechanical mistake in 500+ throws and it was only a mental error those 28 times, it's not too reasonable.  Geno will most likely never come close to Peyton, but we can all hope he shows development, which it seems he certainly has from just a month ago.

Really need to stop with the Peyton stuff.

Why? Becaue you know how he turned out?  

The point is not that everyone who struggles early is going to be Peyton, but that that whether Geno turns into David Carr or Manning, four games is not enough time to make an evaluation. It's to display how premature reactions could have lead to the sh*tcanning of some phenomenal quarterbacks. No one here is saying he's going to be or even come close to Peyton, just that a little effin perspective is needed four games into a rookie career.

Why? Becaue you know how he turned out?  

The point is not that everyone who struggles early is going to be Peyton, but that that whether Geno turns into David Carr or Manning, four games is not enough time to make an evaluation. It's to display how premature reactions could have lead to the sh*tcanning of some phenomenal quarterbacks. No one here is saying he's going to be or even come close to Peyton, just that a little effin perspective is needed four games into a rookie career.

Because Peyton Manning is arguably the best football player of all time. His rookie season his mechanics were fine.

Geno has to ingest a lot right now, and to be fair to him and the team, he really isnt ready for it. We just dont have anyone else. He's struggling taking snaps from under center and with his footwork. Peyton had done all of that in high school and college. Geno at WV was in the gun every play and making one read.

Relax Geno Smith is a rookie. He doesn't stink. Your overreacting. When Eli Manning & Peyton Manning were rookies they played bad now look where they are now they have 3 superbowls combined. I'm not saying Geno will win a superbowl. I'm just saying ease off the rookie for making typical rookie mistakes. He will get better and fix his mistakes. Just take it one game at a time and wait and see what happens. You can overreact when its Genos 2nd or 3rd season and he is still making mistakes.Mark Sanchez was still making rookie mistakes in his 4th season & I believe Geno Smith will have his mistakes figured out at that time.

I believe Geno is a good qb just give him time to progress. Don't overreact because of rookie mistakes. they happen. Geno will get better.

This is the same BS argument that allowed Pick 6 to be the QB here for 4 seasons. Perhaps the reason Sanchez stunk is bedause he was never held to a account for messing up., So the solution is let Smith crap the bed and.....because because because...MANNING BROTHERS, ergo, it will all work out.Right.

Sooooo, why is everyone killing Geno, really? The whole world knew he wasn't ready. He's playing because Sanchez got hurt, and he's proving he's not ready. He's made some awesome throws under pressure, he's made some winning plays with his arm and his feet, and he's made some disgusting, immature, putrid plays like he's a five year old playing Madden. I think everyone flipping out isn't mad at Geno, they're mad at Sanchez-plus-Geno, as if there's some continuum there. You guys need to chill out.

People are equating 4 years to 4 games-does not compute. do not worry if geno does not show improvement he will not last here. He has shown enough  that when he plants and throws with the proper fundamentals  he can make the throw

Because Peyton Manning is arguably the best football player of all time. His rookie season his mechanics were fine.

Geno has to ingest a lot right now, and to be fair to him and the team, he really isnt ready for it. We just dont have anyone else. He's struggling taking snaps from under center and with his footwork. Peyton had done all of that in high school and college. Geno at WV was in the gun every play and making one read.

I understand, but this is a bit revisionist history in that you simply do not just poor-luck your way into 28 interceptions.  His mechanics are better than most anyone coming out of college and still are, however he still had breakdowns just like everyone else. The only difference is that he showed immense potential and that's what I want to see in Geno; continue to show potential, continue to improve and putting Matt Simms in there for mop-up duty is not the way to evaluate that. 

Sooooo, why is everyone killing Geno, really? The whole world knew he wasn't ready. He's playing because Sanchez got hurt, and he's proving he's not ready. He's made some awesome throws under pressure, he's made some winning plays with his arm and his feet, and he's made some disgusting, immature, putrid plays like he's a five year old playing Madden. I think everyone flipping out isn't mad at Geno, they're mad at Sanchez-plus-Geno, as if there's some continuum there. You guys need to chill out.

Yes, this. There's been obvious upside in a lot of things Geno has done so far. The mistakes have just been total wtf. We're not trotting out Ryan Lindley.

I wouldnt mind Marty dialing it down a notch. Especially on the road in the rain on grass. Yesterdays game should have been a low scoring 20-16 type of game. Instead we come out slinging.

I understand, but this is a bit revisionist history in that you simply do not just poor-luck your way into 28 interceptions.  His mechanics are better than most anyone coming out of college and still are, however he still had breakdowns just like everyone else. The only difference is that he showed immense potential and that's what I want to see in Geno; continue to show potential, continue to improve and putting Matt Simms in there for mop-up duty is not the way to evaluate that. 

Im not pushing for Simms. Unfortunately when he's putting the ball behind his back, something no ones ever seen before, its not a bad idea to sit him down, tell him to chill and get out of here with out any more injuries. We could have done that and had him start on Monday.

Its pretty comical actually...he was near god status last week.  Fans get frustrated and the simple solution is screaming for the next guy.  Obviously, they think Geno gives them the better chance to win.  I trust that Marty and David Lee are more equipped to make that decision than the fan base.

The absolute worst thing to do is pull Geno at 2-2 because he had a very common rookie road stinker.  You absolutely must see how he responds on the road in Atlanta, which IMO is a very winnable game if the front 7 shows up.  The worst case scenario, which is very highly likely, is you pull Geno, Simms goes in, and he completely sh*ts the bed.  Besides its the wrong message to send.  The team is behind Geno at 2-2 and very much in it (they think that way even though we dont).  Everyone knew that game was bound to happen.  You have to show you have the confidence in him that he can correct it.  Way too early to be talking about pulling him.  

Yes, this. There's been obvious upside in a lot of things Geno has done so far. The mistakes have just been total wtf. We're not trotting out Ryan Lindley.

I wouldnt mind Marty dialing it down a notch. Especially on the road in the rain on grass. Yesterdays game should have been a low scoring 20-16 type of game. Instead we come out slinging.

This.  100%.  Quite frankly, you'd think he'd have learned that from the NE game.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with going with Rex's philosophy of ground and pound in a game like that.  Powell is playing well.  Make that a low scoring field position battle type game and hope Rex's D can pitch a shutout. 

Another thing, I'm not sure if they are dong this or not...but they should try to incorporate some of WVU offense into the game.  A lot of those types of plays can be run with Kerley and Holmes...neither are Austin but both can make plays and move chains on plays like that.  It would be nice to have those types of plays mixed up in the game plan to help him get rhythm going especially when's struggling. 

Archived