Buccaneers CoughSchiano Leak That Josh Freeman is in Stage One of NFL Drug Program

T0mShane

46 clean tests is a helluva stretch...and for Adderall?!  That is ADD/ADHD medicine.  In the gym it can be used as a stimulant, but that doesn't equate to thuggish drug abuse or irresponsibility.  

I can see where you're going with your conspiracy theory.  Carry on. 

Adderall is used (abused) by a lot of people because it helps with mental concentration and focus. This should not have been leaked. Freeman may never again be an NFL QB, but he has a hell of a lawsuit for his privacy being so violated.

LOL@Heroin being the equivalent to morphine

Holy sh*t thats great..

I didn't make that stuff up it's from the research of Dr. Carl Hart. 

there are alot of myths about illegal drugs that they are so different and dangerous than prescription drugs... it's not based in science. In the 1930s people used to believe that if you smoked a joint you might murder your mother. now we believe similar stories about other stuff. 

in his office in Schermerhorn Hall, Hart ticks through the chronology of drugs he has studied through the years: nicotine, morphine (“the same drug as heroin, basically”), then nicotine again, followed by cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines. The last is a drug class that includes MDMA (Ecstasy), methamphetamine and d-amphetamine, “the main ingredient in Adderall,” an ADHD treatment that’s also popular among college students looking to stay awake and focused during marathon cram sessions.

http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/winter12/features6

adderall is basically speed or meth. morphine is essentially heroin. just cause it's legal etc... 

since we are talking about it there has to be some connection between the blue pills of adderall and the blue meth of Walter White. 

adderall-10.jpg

When I was in college I was a camp counselor at a special needs camp for inner-city children; many of whom were diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Turrets, some were Autistic...you get the idea.  After gaining exposure to the campers on, and off their medicine, it became obvious when certain children were "cheeking" their meds and spitting them out.  By law, we couldn't re-medicate them.  But for certain ADD/ADHD diagnosed campers, we (as 19 year old counselors) found that we could feed them coffee when they got too hyper because their medicine was stimulant based.  The caffeine had the opposite effect that it would have on you or I, and would actually dial them into an area where they could focus on simple tasks. 

Using your logic, all stimulant based drugs are meth, and that just isn't true.  Meth is an amphetamine (that you would find in most allergy/cold medicine) mixed with the equivalent of battery acid.  Hence, children and adults that have Attention Deficit Disorder do not lose their teeth or kill brain cells when taking their prescribed meds. 

Adderall is used (abused) by a lot of people because it helps with mental concentration and focus. This should not have been leaked. Freeman may never again be an NFL QB, but he has a hell of a lawsuit for his privacy being so violated.

I couldn't agree more.  Personal information like this should not have been leaked.  According to T0m and his conspiracy theory, his agent leaked this info to encourage a change of venue.  In fairness to the Bucs, Freeman was the one who came out and volunteered his having ADHD.  Previous to that, it was just leaked that he was in the "first stage" of something something.  His admittance that it was a one time dealie (using Ritalin instead of his prescribed Adderall) and that he has since tested clean 46 times is a selling point to other teams, which adds credence to T0m's theory, IMO. 

Using your logic, all stimulant based drugs are meth, and that just isn't true.  Meth is an amphetamine (that you would find in most allergy/cold medicine) mixed with the equivalent of battery acid.  Hence, children and adults that have Attention Deficit Disorder do not lose their teeth or kill brain cells when taking their prescribed meds. 

This isn't a logic game. it's based on science. 

the gov actually lists Dextroamphetamine (and brand name Adderall) as a synonym of meth.  Adderall is an amphetamine. 

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/methamphetamine.htm

agree with the bolded statement but those without ADD can abuse it, as for lose teeth. I don't know if that's a function of the delivery system (smoking it vs swallowing) or the dosage or whatever.

but it's the same substance more or less. This isn't my opinion it's the chemstry.   

the gov actually lists Dextroamphetamine (and brand name Adderall) as a synonym of meth.  Adderall is an amphetamine. 

agree with the bolded statement but those without ADD can abuse it, as for lose teeth. I don't know if that's a function of the delivery system (smoking it vs swallowing) or the dosage or whatever.

but it's the same substance more or less. This isn't my opinion it's the chemstry.   

Actually the tooth loss, and the skin sores on Meth heads is from vit deficiency.    They don't eat a whole lot for the most part 

The same government that lists marijuana as a Schedule I narcotic, a drug with no recognized medical purpose, and a dangerous degree of physical or psychological dependency? That gov?

It'd be a cagey move by Freeman's agent to leak this in order to force a trade. Everyone around that team (outside of ownership) despise Schiano, so he'd be the obvious suspect to leak this news, and it'd make keeping Freeman in Tampa so untenable that it'd force a quick trade, possibly with Tampa converting some of his salary to a bonus in order to offset the dollars that the new team takes on. If you're a team like Green Bay looking for a backup, you can probably get Freeman for free right now. Tampa has negative leverage.

lol

I'd fire that agent, because now all the GM's are just waiting for him to be waived

Yeah, this was only a matter of time.  Not particularly surprising at all, and can't particularly blame them either.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9755738/nflpa-investigate-leaks-info-josh-freeman-tampa-bay-buccaneers

NFLPA to investigate Freeman leaks

TAMPA, Fla. -- NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith said Tuesday the union is looking to investigate how Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman's presence in Stage 1 of the league's substance-abuse program became public.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported the news Monday night. Freeman later released a statement in which he said he has a prescription for Adderall to treat ADHD; however, last year he inadvertently took Ritalin, which triggered a positive test. As a result of the positive test, he submitted to frequent drug screenings, leading to his placement in Stage 1 of the league's drug program.

"We are sufficiently concerned about what we've heard to begin an investigation,'' Smith said after a previously-scheduled annual meeting with the Tampa Bay players.

On Tuesday, Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano was asked by reporters if he was the source of the information and said, "absolutely not."

"I know what I've done. I'm 100 percent comfortable with my behavior, 100 percent," he said.

Smith said his main concern was about the rights of all NFL players.

"We have a collective bargaining agreement that mandates and protects confidentiality and privacy,'' Smith said.

"If we believe that any member of the team management or anyone from the league has deliberately taken steps to thwart that privacy and to breach that confidentiality, this union will take every step and file every grievance and pursue any law to rectify that. We believe that it's important to maintain the confidentiality.

"I appreciate the manner in which Josh has handled this personally because he is good young man. But this issue is a bigger issue about what's right with respect to the relationship between players and management. When those issues come to bare, this is a union that will stand up for its players.''

Smith also said the NFLPA has filed a grievance on behalf of kicker Lawrence Tynes, who was placed on the non-football injury list after being diagnosed with a MRSA staph infection in the preseason. Guard Carl Nicks also had a staph infection, but has returned to playing. The Bucs have said they had their facility cleaned twice to prevent any more spread of MRSA.

Smith said the union has "significant concerns about the manner in which that player and perhaps other players' safety was handled by the team."

"It's obviously the beginning of the grievance process and we look forward to working with the league to try to figure out what the facts are and, most importantly, take steps to make sure that they and every team are protecting our players,'' Smith said.

lol

I'd fire that agent, because now all the GM's are just waiting for him to be waived

Actually, rumors are that this is exactly what Freeman and his agent wants and are trying to get the Bucs to do.  Apparently his contract is guaranteed with no offset, so if he were cut he'd still get to collect everything the Bucs owe him plus all of the money from a new contract on top of that, not to mention getting more of a say in which team he goes to (as well as likely increasing the number of teams potentially interested).

FOX's Jay Glazer reports that the Bucs requested benched QB Josh Freeman not to attend a team meeting Tuesday.

Even more interestingly, Glazer reports some of Freeman's teammates "started thinking it was to get others to think he blew it off." Both the media and Freeman's teammates are seeing right through Tampa's thinly-veiled smear campaign against its former quarterback. Coach Greg Schiano appears to think he's still coaching in the Big East, and not the AFC South. Schiano's agent may want to start sending out back-channel feelers to college athletic directors.

Schiano is a jackass always was always will be.

Actually, rumors are that this is exactly what Freeman and his agent wants and are trying to get the Bucs to do.  Apparently his contract is guaranteed with no offset, so if he were cut he'd still get to collect everything the Bucs owe him plus all of the money from a new contract on top of that, not to mention getting more of a say in which team he goes to (as well as likely increasing the number of teams potentially interested).

shane said leak was to force trade.  that obviously came from the team, not the agent.  devaluing your client is probably a no no in agent land

I don't see how this increases interest

before the leaks he was sucking at football

Maybe not, but franchise cornerbacks don't allow Nate Washington to score 2Tds on you either.

If thats the case then that 16 million a year for that 0-4 record and no 2 TD's by Nate is working wonders for the bucs right now. As long as Nate doesnt score twice on Revis then thats money well spent right??? lol.  I'll take the 2TDs along with the 2-2 record. 

If thats the case then that 16 million a year for that 0-4 record and no 2 TD's by Nate is working wonders for the bucs right now. As long as Nate doesnt score twice on Revis then thats money well spent right??? lol.  I'll take the 2TDs along with the 2-2 record. 

lol...have the bucs even played the Titans yet?  

Archived