So how does Atlanta's O line stack up against our D line?

GREENBEAN

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Atlanta has the 5th ranked Pass-Blocking OL

and, is the 14th ranked "power" in run blocking.  whatever the hell that means. 

In other words, we're screwed.

The D line had a tough game last week. I wonder if that was sue to them not playing as hard, or if they can be neutralized easily. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play against Atlanta. If we can generate real pressure on Matt Ryan and get a god push up front, it will go a long way in this game and for their development as a unit. 

If the D line gets dominated, I would like t see all of this  " Sack Exchange" talk stop.

I think Atlanta wins Monday night for three reasons:  they are better overall, they are home, and they are already 1-3.  If their O line is real good, that is another reason.

If their O-Line was that good, they wouldn't be 1-3. Or it means they're bad enough to lose 3 games some other way.

I'm not saying we win, but a team that's lost 3 games so far certainly has some glaring faults that we can expose.

I think Atlanta wins Monday night for three reasons:  they are better overall, they are home, and they are already 1-3.  If their O line is real good, that is another reason.

Yeah, I don't see a victory for those same reasons, though most specifically the last two. They are better overall - that gap doesn't close until Geno gets some more experience and less turnovers. 

their OL is atrocious. 

Sam Baker (who sucks) is out which leaves Lamar Holmes (who sucks worse) as the starting Left tackle. the starting right tackle is Jeremy Trueblood who also is pretty sucky. Their interior linemen are better (Konz and Blalock are solid) but overall there might not be a line with worse tackle situation in the whole league. 

That being said, the ATL offense is not built around the OL. it's built around Matt Ryan making quick decisions and hooking up his skills. The ATL Skills are better than the Jets skills across the board. Better QB, RB, WR and TE. which is why ATL will trounce the Jets. That and Geno's turnovers. but maybe some garbage time sacks for Mo, Coples and Sheldon.

their OL is atrocious. 

Sam Baker (who sucks) is out which leaves Lamar Holmes (who sucks worse) as the starting Left tackle. the starting right tackle is Jeremy Trueblood who also is pretty sucky. Their interior linemen are better (Konz and Blalock are solid) but overall there might not be a line with worse tackle situation in the whole league. 

That being said, the ATL offense is not built around the OL. it's built around Matt Ryan making quick decisions and hooking up his skills. The ATL Skills are better than the Jets skills across the board. Better QB, RB, WR and TE. which is why ATL will trounce the Jets. That and Geno's turnovers. but maybe some garbage time sacks for Mo, Coples and Sheldon.

Last week playing against the Falcons, NE's 7th round rookie Michael Buchanon and UDFA J. Vellano (Wifork's backup), each registered a sack and a TFL; the only of each recorded for the game. 

Not to knock the rookie Michael Buchanon, or UDFA J. Vellano,  but I wholly believe our guys are more talented...all across the D-line.  If those guys can get pressure on this O-line, I can't wait to see what budding superstars: Boss Hogg, Big Mo, Snacky-poo and Q can muster up.  I like having Barnes and Pace on the edges and feel confident about our defense up the middle with Harris (PFF's #1 rated ILB) and Davis. 

The key to this game will be all about containing their passing threat.  Not just Julio and White, and Gonzalez, but Harry Douglas. The question is, can we double press Gonzalez, and double team Julio and Roddy, AND get to Matt Ryan before he finds the open Harry Douglas? 

The key to this game will be all about containing their passing threat. 

respectfully disagree, the key to this game is can the Jets not turn the ball over. In every game they have had multiple turnovers. 

the Jets D can have 10 sacks and still lose this game by double digits.

respectfully disagree, the key to this game is can the Jets not turn the ball over. In every game they have had multiple turnovers. 

the Jets D can have 10 sacks and still lose this game by double digits.

Geno can have a turnover-free game, and move the chains, limiting the 3 and outs.  But without stalling Atlanta's passing attack, we'll never be able to keep up with them.  They can turn a tie game into a 14 pt lead without blinking.  

Geno can have a turnover-free game, and move the chains, limiting the 3 and outs.  But without stalling Atlanta's passing attack, we'll never be able to keep up with them.  They can turn a tie game into a 14 pt lead without blinking.  

if the jets score 100 points they will win.....

geno has proven to turn the ball over at an accelerated rate it ****s ovwer the D

Yeah, I don't see a victory for those same reasons, though most specifically the last two. They are better overall - that gap doesn't close until Geno gets some more experience and less turnovers. 

I mean, I am watching and rooting, but they are better than 1-3 and we are worse than 2-2.  Who have they lost to?

their OL is atrocious. 

Our offense doesn't play their offense and our defense doesn't play their defense.  Julio Jones and Gonzalez being better than Kerley and Cumberland isn't how they win.  The Jets O is going to have serious trouble with good defenses all year and (hopefully) Geno learns.  The Falcons have given up tons of yards and plenty through the air.  Over 300 yards in 3 out of 4.  The Jets are deserved underdogs, but it is not without all hope.

Last week playing against the Falcons, NE's 7th round rookie Michael Buchanon and UDFA J. Vellano (Wifork's backup), each registered a sack and a TFL; the only of each recorded for the game. 

Not to knock the rookie Michael Buchanon, or UDFA J. Vellano,  but I wholly believe our guys are more talented...all across the D-line.  If those guys can get pressure on this O-line, I can't wait to see what budding superstars: Boss Hogg, Big Mo, Snacky-poo and Q can muster up.  I like having Barnes and Pace on the edges and feel confident about our defense up the middle with Harris (PFF's #1 rated ILB) and Davis. 

The key to this game will be all about containing their passing threat.  Not just Julio and White, and Gonzalez, but Harry Douglas. The question is, can we double press Gonzalez, and double team Julio and Roddy, AND get to Matt Ryan before he finds the open Harry Douglas? 

"Can we double press Gonzalez, and double team Julio and Roddy, AND get to Matt Ryan before he finds the open Harry Douglas?"

The answer to that is NO. If Gonzales is double teamed, how can you double cover both Julio Jones and Roddy White? I don't think that's possible. To double press Gonzalez near the LOS, that would take a corner and a LB, or a safety and a LB. Then you want to double both Julio and Roddy (Roddy has an ankle sprain that has just gotten worse since the season started, so trying to double him is a bad idea to start with). So lets just double Julio with a corner and a safety, or a corner and a LB? Matt Ryan would then likely have all day to throw, and even double coverage can't hold up forever. I can see pressing Gonzalez near the LOS to prevent a free release, but another receiver WILL either be wide open or have single coverage, or both.

Archived