Falcons punter shoves Jets coach

stoicsentry

And on one play, a Falcon D lineman picked up and moved the football 1 1/2 yds backward after the ref had spotted it and nobody said / did sh!t.

That's not true, the commentators thought it was a real hoot.  At least the ref did re-spot the ball, but that's actually supposed to be a penalty.  Whatever.

That's not true, the commentators thought it was a real hoot.  At least the ref did re-spot the ball, but that's actually supposed to be a penalty.  Whatever.

That would have helped the Jets, the announcers made it perfectly clear they didn't support any penalties that helped the Jets. 

It wasn't in the script.

Is true, check your DVR. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, it definitely happened, not arguing with you there.  I was really just being tongue-in-cheek regarding you saying nobody said anything about it, as the commentators did saying something, it was just not anything constructive, as they were making it clear they thought it was a real hoot.  Douches.

That would have helped the Jets, the announcers made it perfectly clear they didn't support any penalties that helped the Jets. 

It wasn't in the script.

Flag comes out against the Falcons:

Gruden:  They just need to let these teams play!

Flags comes out against the Jets:

Silence.

or

Gruden:  That's pass interference!

Flag comes out against the Falcons:

Gruden:  They just need to let these teams play!

Flags comes out against the Jets:

Silence.

or

Gruden:  That's pass interference!

If I ever see Gruden, I'm going to murder him.

I've sat at a table on New Year's Eve across from Bill Bellichik and the thought never crossed my mind... THAT is how much I hate Gruden.

And on one play, a Falcon D lineman picked up and moved the football 1 1/2 yds backward after the ref had spotted it and nobody said / did sh!t.

I saw that and was wondering why no one respotted the ball or made a comment about it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it definitely happened, not arguing with you there.  I was really just being tongue-in-cheek regarding you saying nobody said anything about it, as the commentators did saying something, it was just not anything constructive, as they were making it clear they thought it was a real hoot.  Douches.

Understand what you mean. Yeah, the fact that the refs didnt address it is weird. Even if it was spotted correctly by the player I'm pretty sure its a penalty nonetheless??

Understand what you mean. Yeah, the fact that the refs didnt address it is weird. Even if it was spotted correctly by the player I'm pretty sure its a penalty nonetheless??

I think it's a penalty if they move it after the ref spots the ball.  At that point the back just put it down and walked away and the refs all ran to address something (off-screen fight?) upfield.  The ball hadn't been spotted yet, so I don't see the problem. He looked like he was playing around when he did it. 

Archived