Cimini: Cro Hurt

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds look a good update!

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/388522229912600576

Cromartie MRI shows hyperextended knee, not serious, per source. Status for Sunday uncertain. #nyj

This is utter bullsh*t on his part, there's no way that he didn't have that report prior to his first tweet.  If the injury happened at practice, there's no reason to believe he received the MRI results at 1230 at night, instead of 1030 during his initial tweet.  He made a sensationalist post and probably saw the sh*tstorm it created and corrected himself two hours later.  It's pretty low-rent, even for him. 

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 2h
CB Antonio Cromartie suffered non-contact knee injury today in practice, taken for MRI, per sources. Team concerned. Story posted soon. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 16m
Cromartie MRI shows hyperextended knee, not serious, per source. Status for Sunday uncertain. #nyj

Well **** me then. It was one of those times where I was typing something under the impression that my thoughts were either already typed or made aware to everyone that I was talking to. I was operating under the assumption that there's no way I'm paying $16 million per year for a CB, so it'd be strictly for a one year rental. I blame preoccupation, but I'll take my penance, that was a major gaffe. It's still beyond a ridiculous idea though.

IIRC, there were no guarantees tied to the deal, so the Bucs could cut him at any time and cease being on the hook for the $16 mil per. The likely scenario is that they bring Revis back next season (if only to justify giving up the #1), then cut him in 2015, which he'll be cool with because then he could gouge contenders for fat one-year cash deals a la Deion.

IIRC, there were no guarantees tied to the deal, so the Bucs could cut him at any time and cease being on the hook for the $16 mil per. The likely scenario is that they bring Revis back next season (if only to justify giving up the #1), then cut him in 2015, which he'll be cool with because then he could gouge contenders for fat one-year cash deals a la Deion.

You're right and it was something I was extremely aware of, but for some reason in the middle of the conversation I just completely ignored it.  I think the irrationality of the suggestion sucked me into a vortex of insanity and I disregarded all knowledge of the situation that I had. I was arguing about the logistics of a trade that will never happen at roughly midnight on a thursday, me being wrong about something is the least of my problems.

As far as Cro goes, guys like Julio Jones, Steve Johnson, Vin Jackson etc beat people every week. Thats why the Jets need a receiver of that caliber.

BTW, calling a defense elite that week in and week out, gets gashed in the 4th qtr is just dumb homerism. (million year old Tony Gonzalez? Really?)Agree the very good young d-line is oh so promising but really. 

Above average D would be fair to this point.

Let Cro rest. Jets can beat Steelers without him.

BTW I have to laugh at those who defended Miliner from claims that he was injury prone by saying he never missed a game in college. Well, he's about to miss his 4 out of 6 NFL games. At least Richardson softens the blow of the bad pick.

You're right and it was something I was extremely aware of, but for some reason in the middle of the conversation I just completely ignored it. I think the irrationality of the suggestion sucked me into a vortex of insanity and I disregarded all knowledge of the situation that I had. I was arguing about the logistics of a trade that will never happen at roughly midnight on a thursday, me being wrong about something is the least of my problems.

Welcome to JetNation, good sir.

Antonio Cromartie hyperextended his knee
horizontal_fancred_white_73x22.png

BY JOE SORIANO - 

OCT 11TH, 2013 AT 6:45 AM
7735650-590x392.jpg

New York Jets star CB Antonio Cromartie suffered a knee injury during practice yesterday, and initial reports indicated that the injury was serious. The Jets were “concerned”, and Cromartie needed to undergo an MRI. Now, ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini reports that the MRI shows that Antonio Cromartie only suffered a hyperextended knee, and the injury is “not serious”.

While his status for this week’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers is “uncertain”, the Jets certainly dodged a bullet with this one. Even though Antonio Cromartie has struggled so far this season and isn’t playing anywhere near the lights-out level that he was last year, Cromartie is still a very talented No. 1 CB and is extremely important to the Jets defense. Cro is the only Jets CB who can shadow a  top receiver, and he is clearly the best corner on the team. The Jets also need him as part of their defensive scheme, so it’s terrific news to hear that he isn’t going to be out for an extended period of time.

That said, his status for Sunday’s game is clearly up-in-the-air, and he will probably be a game-time decision. Since the injury occurred on Thursday, I would be surprised to see Cromartie out there on Sunday. He is still searching for his first pass defended this season, but his absence would be great news for Steelers No. 1 WR Antonio Brown.

I suppose the Jets will have Walls on Brown and Wilson on Sanders. Lankster/Trufant can stick with Cotchery. I don't think Cro or Milliner play.

Still the key match-up will be Heath Miller vs. the LBs and safeties.

Time to throw the kitchen sink at Ben and his porous OL and put pressure on all day.

I suppose the Jets will have Walls on Brown and Wilson on Sanders. Lankster/Trufant can stick with Cotchery. I don't think Cro or Milliner play.

Still the key match-up will be Heath Miller vs. the LBs and safeties.

Time to throw the kitchen sink at Ben and his porous OL and put pressure on all day.

Yep.  All this news means to me is that our front 7 needs to wreak havoc on Big Ben to help out the secondary.  

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/incidence-of-noncontact-acl-injuries

"While an ACL injury can be a result of direct contact with another player or an object to the lower extremity, it has been reported that approximately 70% of ACL injuries result from situations that do not involve direct contact (Boden et al. 2000; McNair, Marshall, and Matheson 1990). It is clear that given adequate force, a direct blow to the lower extremity could result in an ACL injury. However, a mechanism that does not result from such contact may be more difficult to define. Such mechanisms are typically associated with evasive maneuvers that involve some form of deceleration, change of direction, or landing (Boden et al. 2000; Olsen et al. 2004; Cochrane et al. 2007). ACL injury mechanisms that are not the result of direct contact to the knee are of particular interest because their etiology is not clear."

Is Revis even good anymore? 0-4 and you don't hear his name.

Good call.

feelings have a truthiness impossible to ignore and is the best way to judge all situations.

that said, Revis was non-contact, that guy from the Giants (Brown?)was non-contact, and there was another one or two this year O thought were non-contact.

The Jets don't need another small, quick receiver.  They need a big possession type receiver with good hands. I'm not saying it's Nicks, but it certainly isn't Maclin.

I just said I would want Maclin over Nicks. Wasn't implying that I want him to be our top FA WR signing next year

The Jets don't need another small, quick receiver.  They need a big possession type receiver with good hands. I'm not saying it's Nicks, but it certainly isn't Maclin.

Nicks is a whole 1 inch taller than Maclin and only has about 6lbs on him.

Nicks is the better player but his injury history of late is a concern.  

feelings have a truthiness impossible to ignore and is the best way to judge all situations.

that said, Revis was non-contact, that guy from the Giants (Brown?)was non-contact, and there was another one or two this year O thought were non-contact.

I was actually thinking of the collateral ligament.  You saved me.  You are aesome.  I will nickname you K-Bright.  Just like light brite but cooler. 

Nicks is a whole 1 inch taller than Maclin and only has about 6lbs on him.

Nicks is the better player but his injury history of late is a concern.  

Both are injury prone, and like I said, I didn't think Nicks is the guy either. I'd rather scoop up someone like Danario Alexander.

Both are injury prone, and like I said, I didn't think Nicks is the guy either. I'd rather scoop up someone like Danario Alexander.

Every time I do watch the Giants play, Nicks looks about as good as he did coming out of the draft. Granted, I don't have a scout's eye, but he just looks like he runs his routes and uses his body the same way he did when he was raw.... meaning doesn't look like a refined player on the field. Still very talented, but I dunno something looks inexperienced still about how he plays. Hard to explain. 

I wouldn't spend money on it though.

There'll be guys we can add. West coast offense doesn't need monsters, I'll take 3-4 seventy catch guys so Geno can spread it around. Much more ideal to MM's offense.

OCT 11
11:53
AM ET
By Kieran Darcy | ESPNNewYork.com
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie (hip/knee), wide receiverSantonio Holmes (foot/hamstring) and tight end Kellen Winslow (knee) were not on the field Friday morning, during the portion of practice open to the media. 

Cornerback Dee Milliner (hamstring) did some light work at the start of practice, but then was on an exercise bike during team drills. 

All four players could be officially declared out later today for Sunday's game against thePittsburgh Steelers.

Archived