Is Mohammed Wilkerson The Best Football Player In NY/NJ?

Villain The Foe

I was just watching Loud Mouths and the asked the question. Quite intriguing.

I'd say that he's definitely the best defender in NY with Cro behind him. As for the best football player, thats a tough one. I really like Victor Cruz. He's easily the best WR in town and is the only player showing up to work for the Giants. What do you guys think? 

I'd say that he's definitely the best defender in NY with Cro behind him. As for the best football player, thats a tough one. I really like Victor Cruz. He's easily the best WR in town and is the only player showing up to work for the Giants. What do you guys think? 

I think he has a legitimate shot to be considered the best player in NY; he plays one of the most important positions outside of QB and since Eli's nosedive has made that a non-case, I think so. 

It's funny about Cruz, I actually think Nicks is more talented, even though he's always banged up.  I think Nicks is gonna hit the market and Randle is going to take over, which he's done a pretty decent job of doing so thus far.  So to answer your question, I'd say yes, he's either the best player in NY or one of a few if I'm forgetting someone.

i remember the big full page article that said Mo Lewis was the best player in NY..... The Jets sucked that year.  

if we have the best player in NY, I wish for once it would be our friggin QB. ONCE!!!

Anywho... I'm loving Wilkerson and am thinking he hasn't even reached his potential yet. 

i remember the big full page article that said Mo Lewis was the best player in NY..... The Jets sucked that year.  

if we have the best player in NY, I wish for once it would be our friggin QB. ONCE!!!

Consider this.  For the better part of a decade, the two best players on the Raiders were the kicker and punter.

Easily the best defensive player. 

Eli, despite the crappy play of the past few weeks, is the best player overall. Franchise QB. No-brainer.

Cruz gets an honorable mention, as does Mangold.

I don't understand why people debate stuff like this, I saw the debate on loudmouths as well, and stuff like this annoys me almost as much as debates about what QBs are "elite" It's all opinion anyways, there's no fixed standard to determine what players are better across positions, and even within positions there's a lot of factors to consider. But right NOW, is WIlkerson better at his position than Eli is at his? Without a doubt yes. And is Wilkerson better at his position than Cruz is at his? I say yes, but not as confidently.

Consider this.  For the better part of a decade, the two best players on the Raiders were the kicker and punter.

And just before that they went to the Super Bowl.  I'd take it.  :D

And actually Seymore and Aso weren't so bad for a while there.  ( I get your point though) 

Anywho... I'm loving Wilkerson and am thinking he hasn't even reached his potential yet. 

It could be worse we could have Eli :)

I don't understand why people debate stuff like this, I saw the debate on loudmouths as well, and stuff like this annoys me almost as much as debates about what QBs are "elite" It's all opinion anyways, there's no fixed standard to determine what players are better across positions, and even within positions there's a lot of factors to consider. But right NOW, is WIlkerson better at his position than Eli is at his? Without a doubt yes. And is Wilkerson better at his position than Cruz is at his? I say yes, but not as confidently.

I did it because I thought it was a good topic. Sorry if I annoyed you. Im going to jump off a bridge now.  :winking0001:

Wilkerson or Mario Williams   

Mario is still a freak, but I saw him get pretty much shut-down twice by Austin Howard and company; I've yet to see Wilkerson get stone-walled by anybody this year. 

*since we're talking about the bills anyway, that Kiko Alonso kid is going to be a good one.  Between him, Sheldon, Eric Reid(LSU), Tyran Mathieu (LSU) and Star, it's going to be a fun race for DROY. All these guys can really play.  Whens the last time, if it's ever happened, that one single team has had both the DROY and OROY?  I'm curious, because that is a distinct possibility this year.

Mario is still a freak, but I saw him get pretty much shut-down twice by Austin Howard and company; I've yet to see Wilkerson get stone-walled by anybody this year. 

*since we're talking about the bills anyway, that Kiko Alonso kid is going to be a good one.  Between him, Sheldon, Eric Reid(LSU), Tyran Mathieu (LSU) and Star, it's going to be a fun race for DROY. All these guys can really play.  Whens the last time, if it's ever happened, that one single team has had both the DROY and OROY?  I'm curious, because that is a distinct possibility this year.

Kiko Alonso is fun to watch. Kid gets it done. 

It could be worse we could have Eli :)

Yeah, I hear ya, but once again he just won two superbowls for the Giants and now is having a down year. I'd take it. This is just a year off for them. Hell they might even want to go for a top 3 pick this year and revamp some things. Stock up a smidgen.

Easily the best defensive player. 

Eli, despite the crappy play of the past few weeks, is the best player overall. Franchise QB. No-brainer.

Cruz gets an honorable mention, as does Mangold.

this. I would trade mo wilks and any other player on the jets that the giants wanted for eli manning

*since we're talking about the bills anyway, that Kiko Alonso kid is going to be a good one. Between him, Sheldon, Eric Reid(LSU), Tyran Mathieu (LSU) and Star, it's going to be a fun race for DROY. All these guys can really play. Whens the last time, if it's ever happened, that one single team has had both the DROY and OROY? I'm curious, because that is a distinct possibility this year.

IDZIK

IDZIK

If we do end up getting the OROY/DROY combo, it means nothing because Goodson got arrested and we cut Peterman lol what an idiot

I just went through the list and it's only been done once, back in 1967, the first year they kept track of the awards, by the Detroit Lions when they drafted Mel Farr (Offense) and Lem Barney (Defense). 

#goddamnedIdzik

I think he has a legitimate shot to be considered the best player in NY; he plays one of the most important positions outside of QB and since Eli's nosedive has made that a non-case, I think so. 

It's funny about Cruz, I actually think Nicks is more talented, even though he's always banged up.  I think Nicks is gonna hit the market and Randle is going to take over, which he's done a pretty decent job of doing so thus far.  So to answer your question, I'd say yes, he's either the best player in NY or one of a few if I'm forgetting someone.

Yeah, I think Nicks is more talented than Cruz too and a guy who could be an awesome second contract player. 

Archived