Has there ever been....

Villain The Foe

A team with both the Offensive Rookie & Defensive Rookie of the year???

With Sheldon Richardson and Geno coming around that would certainly be a possibility. The last time a Rookie QB earned Player of the Week he finished the season OROTY. As for Sheldon, he seems to be the best performing rookie overall. 

Thoughts? 

A team with both the Offensive Rookie & Defensive Rookie of the year???

With Sheldon Richardson and Geno coming around that would certainly be a possibility. The last time a Rookie QB earned Player of the Week he finished the season OROTY. As for Sheldon, he seems to be the best performing rookie overall. 

Thoughts? 

Me thinks champioship or GTFO.

Geno.. ROY. LOL.

The kid is 3-2, 60% completion percentage, on pace for over 4000 yards with a few game winning drives, if he keeps up this rate of play there's nothing Gio Bernard or DeAndre Hopkins can really do to overtake him.  Sheldon is currently leading all defensive rookies in most all advanced metrics, so it's not really out of the realm of the conversation to have both.

I asked a question and he said "cart. horse." I just didnt understand that. 

he is saying you put the cart before the horse, or that you are premature in your statement, or that you have things out of order, or it's too soon to say that

he is saying you put the cart before the horse, or that you are premature in your statement, or that you have things out of order, or it's too soon to say that

I understand what "putting the cart before the horse" means, I dont understand how asking the question has there ever been a team who's had both rookie of the years is putting the cart before the horse. I didnt know that me saying it was a "possibility" based on their performances would be considered premature. 

I wanted to know what he was thinking so I could understand why he said it. 

The kid is 3-2, 60% completion percentage, on pace for over 4000 yards with a few game winning drives, if he keeps up this rate of play there's nothing Gio Bernard or DeAndre Hopkins can really do to overtake him.  Sheldon is currently leading all defensive rookies in most all advanced metrics, so it's not really out of the realm of the conversation to have both.

And > 25 INTs.

Explain. Which one's the cart and which is the horse? I dont even understand why you said that.

It means we're a 3-2 football team that could easily be 3-6 after the next four games, with a quarterback who has had MAYBE 2 good games out of the 5 he has played and you are talking about having both the offensive and defensive ROY.

I am optimistic about what we have, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And > 25 INTs.

If he stays at his current pace and ends the season with: 60% completion on 500 attempts for 4125 yards, 22 tds 25 ints with an 8.3 Y/A and we finish with a .500 record or better, there's nothing Hopkins or Bernard will be able to do to win it.  I personally feel Sheldon is the more likely candidate, but Geno has a legitimate shot.

It means we're a 3-2 football team that could easily be 3-6 after the next four games, with a quarterback who has had MAYBE 2 good games out of the 5 he has played and you are talking about having both the offensive and defensive ROY.

I am optimistic about what we have, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

All this is true. I wasnt talking about our record though. We could easily be 3-6 after our next for games just like we could have easily been 4-1 if WR's would have brought their hands with them to NE. 

Im talking about a QB who MAYBE had 2 good games, however that same QB MOST DEFINITELY showed the ability to learn from prior mistakes. And with that I figured that I could make a thread and ponder about possibilities. I never got ahead of myself by saying that it would most likely happen. I simply asked given that Sheldon and Geno are in the top 5 of a rookie performance list. 

Chill. lol. 

If he stays at his current pace and ends the season with: 60% completion on 500 attempts for 4125 yards, 22 tds 25 ints with an 8.3 Y/A and we finish with a .500 record or better, there's nothing Hopkins or Bernard will be able to do to win it.  I personally feel Sheldon is the more likely candidate, but Geno has a legitimate shot.

Sh*t, didnt Favre get into the probowl by throwing 20+ picks for the Jets? If you can get in the probowl you can certainly win OPOTY. 

Explain. Which one's the cart and which is the horse? I dont even understand why you said that. 

just a phrase that is usually translated as: don't get ahead of yourself.  don't put the cart before the horse. I think you have a good point though.

just a phrase that is usually translated as: don't get ahead of yourself.  don't put the cart before the horse. I think you have a good point though.

I understand the phrase as I already stated. I just dont understand how asking a question is translated to getting ahead of yourself. Jet fans are so shook. Its unattractive lol. 

Geno didn't look like ANYBODY'S idea of the offensive ROY against Pittsburgh, which sort of proves my theory that Rex Ryan cannot motivate a team to play well unless it is from an underdog, nobody believes in us situation. Whenever the Jets are expected to play well or perhaps even win as most on the NFL Pregame picked them to do. They lay a big fat egg. Next week when everyone says the Pats are desperate and the Jets have no chance they will play better. Cannot win a SB with Rex Ryan as HC. I have thought that for the last three years and today did nothing to change my mind.

Geno didn't look like ANYBODY'S idea of the offensive ROY against Pittsburgh, which sort of proves my theory that Rex Ryan cannot motivate a team to play well unless it is from an underdog, nobody believes in us situation. Whenever the Jets are expected to play well or perhaps even win as most on the NFL Pregame picked them to do. They lay a big fat egg. Next week when everyone says the Pats are desperate and the Jets have no chance they will play better. Cannot win a SB with Rex Ryan as HC. I have thought that for the last three years and today did nothing to change my mind.

There are lots of reasons to pick apart Rex's time here. Dick LeBeau outscheming our rookie QB is not one of them.

the unbelievable power of hindsight lol

There are lots of reasons to pick apart Rex's time here. Dick LeBeau outscheming our rookie QB is not one of them.

Im not sure Dick Lebeau out schemed anyone yesterday our WR's cant get open vs good players and that much has been obvious for years.

Jets fans always get the big tease making them think this team can turn the corner playing against poor secondaries  like Buffalo and  Atlanta  then in the next week the reality sets in. The pattern is etched in stone until this team starts to bring in some real skill players

Archived