Anyone watching the Pats game?

Irish Jet

Danny Amendola just got knocked back to his terrible two's.

Dude just isn't a football player. Injured 1/7 times he gets hit.

don't make the comment hes not a football player that's just not fair . The guy is fearless over the middle and tough as nails which opens him up to huge hits.  In some ways that can be a fault since he plays the position like Ivory runs the football but I wish some of his toughness would rub off on guys like Holmes and Gates

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other teams' LT gets someone in a chokehold like this and it's a holding penalty.  But not that Pats.  At home.

TomBradyTDPass2.gif

Talib was mugging Jimmy Graham all over the field all game long and nothing was called. Also in our game Ike ******* Taylor dragged  Stephen Hill down to the ground by the face mask 2 times and di not get called. The guy was holding our receivers all game and never got flagged

Talib was mugging Jimmy Graham all over the field all game long and nothing was called. Also in our game Ike ******* Taylor dragged  Stephen Hill down to the ground by the face mask 2 times and di not get called. The guy was holding our receivers all game and never got flagged

They mugged Tony Gonzalez towards the end of the Atlanta game too.  We tried to do the same thing and kept getting flagged.  The Pats? The announcers credited them with aggressive plays.  Unreal.

They mugged Tony Gonzalez towards the end of the Atlanta game too. We tried to do the same thing and kept getting flagged. The Pats? The announcers credited them with aggressive plays. Unreal.

this is a fact. I watched all this actually happen. There is, in fact, an actual double standard in the NFL. It is very real.

They mugged Tony Gonzalez towards the end of the Atlanta game too.  We tried to do the same thing and kept getting flagged.  The Pats? The announcers credited them with aggressive plays.  Unreal.

What a joke.

Cromartie is the best at holding and not getting called in the NFL.

What a joke.

I agree with you about the holding but don't say it does not get called because it does. Yesterdays hold by Cro was no where near as blatent as what I saw Talib getting away with. Not even close. I will be glad when Cro is the hell out of here the guys got talent but hes not a very smart football player IMO hes still not had one of those two or 3 meltdown games hes good for each year that costs us games but yesterday was close.

The refs hand the pats yet another win.

Every team going into Foxboro knows they are gonna get a screw job. But they still had a game to play. The Saints had a chance to get that last 1st down and take it out of anyone else's hands. They failed,and then their Ryan defense failed.

About PI-they are never going to call the down the field incidental contact and they shouldn't anyway.Cowher was bitching about Cro basically playing defense. As long as that's consistent both ways, that's okay.

don't make the comment hes not a football player that's just not fair . The guy is fearless over the middle and tough as nails which opens him up to huge hits.  In some ways that can be a fault since he plays the position like Ivory runs the football but I wish some of his toughness would rub off on guys like Holmes and Gates

It's fair - he's an excellent athlete, but not a football player. Football players can get up from a hit. Just my opinion.

What a joke.

its real homie. Be grateful. Don't hate.

Seriously, it'd be nice if Pats fans just acknowledged it and were grateful. Instead they insist it's something other than what it is, that TD to Thompkins should have never held up. I've watched every Pats game this year, and they've been straight mugging each teams top passing options in every game. No flags. Announcers have been pushing the "Belli likes to take away your best weapon" narrative all year. Any team that comes along and implements a similar technique, flags everywhere.

It's fair - he's an excellent athlete, but not a football player. Football players can get up from a hit. Just my opinion.

nobody gets up from Major hits that concuss you into oblivion. Has nothing to do with being a "football player" Ivbe seen enough of Amendola to know hes much more of a football player than anyone we have at the WR position. Injuries for him have been unfortunate but I think hes a small guy trying to play just a bit too tough for his size sometimes you need to play it smart to live another day .

Seriously, it'd be nice if Pats fans just acknowledged it and were grateful. Instead they insist it's something other than what it is, that TD to Thompkins should have never held up. I've watched every Pats game this year, and they've been straight mugging each teams top passing options in every game. No flags. Announcers have been pushing the "Belli likes to take away your best weapon" narrative all year. Any team that comes along and implements a similar technique, flags everywhere.

Exactly and Belichick will continue to do it until further notice

nobody gets up from Major hits that concuss you into oblivion. Has nothing to do with being a "football player" Ivbe seen enough of Amendola to know hes much more of a football player than anyone we have at the WR position. Injuries for him have been unfortunate but I think hes a small guy trying to play just a bit too tough for his size sometimes you need to play it smart to live another day .

I'm not going to argue with you.

Amendola gets knocked out of every other game he plays, he's not a football player. He's an athlete. The ability to take a beating is what makes a football player, it's a contact sport and he can't deal with contact.

It's my ******* opinion, get over it.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Amendola gets knocked out of every other game he plays, he's not a football player. He's an athlete. The ability to take a beating is what makes a football player, it's a contact sport and he can't deal with contact.

It's my ******* opinion, get over it.

dude you need to calm the **** down .

dude you need to calm the **** down .

I'm calm, too tired not to be - I'm just getting out in front of this before you build up a head of steam yourself. I'm not arguing over my opinion of a sh*t Patriots player. He sucks, he's not a football player. He's a pansy who plays for the most crooked team in the league.

I'm calm, too tired not to be - I'm just getting out in front of this before you build up a head of steam yourself. I'm not arguing over my opinion of a sh*t Patriots player. He sucks, he's not a football player. He's a pansy who plays for the most crooked team in the league.

Im not trying to build a head of steam we disagree on one simple premise lets just agree to move on

Im not trying to build a head of steam we disagree on one simple premise lets just agree to move on

I'm going to agree that I was right when I told you, "It's my opinion, get over it." 

It was your choice to keep pushing at something I'm not going to debate or be flexible about. 

Just like I believe Bellichik is scum. I believe Amendola is no football player, he's a pansy. 

I'm going to agree that I was right when I told you, "It's my opinion, get over it." 

It was your choice to keep pushing at something I'm not going to debate or be flexible about. 

Just like I believe Bellichik is scum. I believe Amendola is no football player, he's a pansy. 

yet you keep pushing and antagonizing

yet you keep pushing and antagonizing

Let's see - you argued my original comment, I told you it's my opinion get over it (now 3 times I've said this) and yet you keep pressing it into debate. Now you accuse me of pushing and antagonizing?

I have to assume you're trolling - because you can't be this ******* stupid. GFY

Let's see - you argued my original comment, I told you it's my opinion get over it (now 3 times I've said this) and yet you keep pressing it into debate. Now you accuse me of pushing and antagonizing?

I have to assume you're trolling - because you can't be this ******* stupid. GFY

you simply are an Idiot.

Every post you made after I asked you to agree to disagree was filled with smart ass remarks to piss me off and antagonize. All you had to do was simply agree to disagree yet you found the need to call me stupid. So with that being said you can GFY Im not trolling you at all just pointing out that yes you truly are an idiot.

you simply are an Idiot.

Every post you made after I asked you to agree to disagree was filled with smart ass remarks to piss me off and antagonize. All you had to do was simply agree to disagree yet you found the need to call me stupid. So with that being said you can GFY Im not trolling you at all just pointing out that yes you truly are an idiot.

Yeah, I'm the idiot. There was no argument to be had here, I asked you to respect my opinion right off the bat and you couldn't leave it alone.

Why would I acquiesce and agree to disagree? It's my opinion, I don't CARE if you agree or disagree. I asked you to get over it, you couldn't, and now your being a bitch about it. I didn't call you stupid, I said you must be trolling because you can't be this stupid.

But yeah, I'm the idiot. I'm also the one that needs to calm down, yeah. 

Meds. Get some. 

Amendola is a fine football player, but his injury history suggests he doesn't belong in the NFL, that's for sure.

On some semantic level I think it's undeniably unfair that you should say something like that about a JAG player on our primary rival's roster!

I agree with you about the holding but don't say it does not get called because it does. Yesterdays hold by Cro was no where near as blatent as what I saw Talib getting away with. Not even close. I will be glad when Cro is the hell out of here the guys got talent but hes not a very smart football player IMO hes still not had one of those two or 3 meltdown games hes good for each year that costs us games but yesterday was close.

Holding goes on all game long and all teams get away with it.

Watch Chandler Jones get the choke hold sometime because hes flat out beat his blocker.

RE Amendola:  His injury history is well know, but on that specific play he got KNOCKED THE F OUT.  Much like Ridley in the playoffs last year when he fumbled because of getting KNOCKED THE F OUT.  It has nothing to do with being "tough" or being "a football player."  These are exactly the sort of plays that, when accumulated over the course of a career, lead to degenerative brain damage.  It doesn't matter how "tough" someone is.

RE offensive holding:  People constantly hold in every game and get away with it.  The ones that get flagged are usually if the defender gets pulled to the ground, or if a lineman reaches out to grab someone that he didn't successfully block.  If the block starts normally, and the OL grabs the defender inside, but then the defender pushes through the block, you get the old "arm around the neck" look.  This happens dozens of times in every game, going both directions, and it is never called.

RE mugging receivers:  Particularly against Gonzales, the mugging was occurring inside 5 yards, completely legal to knock the piss out of him there.  I've actually often wondered why you don't see more teams doing that to dangerous receivers.  However this week if you look at the play of Talib against Graham, it was actually mostly clean, with very little of the smashmouth mugging that the Pats used against Gonzo.  Most of the replays when the ball was going to Graham showed Talib in very tight man coverage, and reaching in to knock the ball away, text book coverage.

RE Rob Ryan: His defense played pretty well against a depleted Pats offense, but one which still has TFB at QB.  Hard to blame him for the loss when Saints could not get any meaningful movement on offense at the end of the game to run the clock.

revis got away with it all the time, but superstars get the calls..

PI, holding, illegal contact arent called consistently from Ref crew to Ref crew.

Im not even sure what PI and IC are anymore. Ive watched NE players and opposing players not turn back for the ball, but still get hands up in the face forcing an incomplete.It used to be that if a DB didnt turn back for the ball it resulted in PI.

Archived