Anyone watching the Pats game?

Irish Jet

PI, holding, illegal contact arent called consistently from Ref crew to Ref crew.

Im not even sure what PI and IC are anymore. Ive watched NE players and opposing players not turn back for the ball, but still get hands up in the face forcing an incomplete.It used to be that if a DB didnt turn back for the ball it resulted in PI.

This.

That said, as it pertains to the Pats...they get away w a lot more and never really get screwed by the refs at end game. I think it has more to do w their success than anything else.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

That said, as it pertains to the Pats...they get away w a lot more and never really get screwed by the refs at end game. I think it has more to do w their success than anything else.

If you have a QB that the general NFL fan loves, then your team will get the assist. Always. It's a business, the NFL was the pretty faces of their brand playing deep into January.

Quarterback fixes everything. We should get one.

RE Amendola:  His injury history is well know, but on that specific play he got KNOCKED THE F OUT.  Much like Ridley in the playoffs last year when he fumbled because of getting KNOCKED THE F OUT.  It has nothing to do with being "tough" or being "a football player."  These are exactly the sort of plays that, when accumulated over the course of a career, lead to degenerative brain damage.  It doesn't matter how "tough" someone is.

RE offensive holding:  People constantly hold in every game and get away with it.  The ones that get flagged are usually if the defender gets pulled to the ground, or if a lineman reaches out to grab someone that he didn't successfully block.  If the block starts normally, and the OL grabs the defender inside, but then the defender pushes through the block, you get the old "arm around the neck" look.  This happens dozens of times in every game, going both directions, and it is never called.

RE mugging receivers:  Particularly against Gonzales, the mugging was occurring inside 5 yards, completely legal to knock the piss out of him there.  I've actually often wondered why you don't see more teams doing that to dangerous receivers.  However this week if you look at the play of Talib against Graham, it was actually mostly clean, with very little of the smashmouth mugging that the Pats used against Gonzo.  Most of the replays when the ball was going to Graham showed Talib in very tight man coverage, and reaching in to knock the ball away, text book coverage.

RE Rob Ryan: His defense played pretty well against a depleted Pats offense, but one which still has TFB at QB.  Hard to blame him for the loss when Saints could not get any meaningful movement on offense at the end of the game to run the clock.

That's what I'm talking about.

Archived