Gates-Goodson injuries?

joewilly12

A buddy just texted me and told me both may done for the year? 

Let the Braylon Edwards discussion begin!

There's simply no way to know the extent of either of those injuries right now, the only reports are from some internet hack on twitter.  They very well may end up true, but it's too early to know now. 

C'mon man, you really need to give up your love affair with Bray lol. It's the 6th week of the season and not a single team in the entirety of the national football league thinks he's capable of helping their team out. He's physically spent, wish it weren't so because I actually really liked the guy, but he's no longer capable of playing in this league at a high level. Plus, I think he may be in some legal trouble as well.

ok.  I'll post it out real simple for you

the bray discussion will not begin, because we don't know anything about the injuries, and brays knees are shot

and no, we should not trade our #1 pick for anyone

and no, nobody should be cut this week

and no, nobody should be fired this week

there, you get tomorrow off now, lol

ok.  I'll post it out real simple for you

the bray discussion will not begin, because we don't know anything about the injuries, and brays knees are shot

and no, we should not trade our #1 pick for anyone

and no, nobody should be cut this week

and no, nobody should be fired this week

there, you get tomorrow off now, lol

Ok thanks its Columbus Day and those of us who work for ourselves don't get days off.

We will wait and see what the reports are on both injured players.

Do you have any proof or a link that says his knees are shot?

What are we discussing? Your imaginary friend or the injury report you're making up to start a Braylon thread. Point me in the right direction and give me a second chance, I'll do better.

I started the thread to see if there was any confirmation on the injuries.  If you don't want to discuss it then that's fine go away.

Ok thanks its Columbus Day and those of us who work for ourselves don't get days off.

well, he barely practiced, barely produced, and got cut, and nobody picked him up

they very well may be out for the year, career, the point is nobody knows, and braylon is not coming through that door

just accept it

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets had several players go down with injuries against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, including two of their top three running backs.

Starter Bilal Powell and Mike Goodson exited the game -- Powell with a shoulder injury, Goodson with a knee injury. Coach Rex Ryan did not have updates on any of his injured players after the game.

Powell did speak to reporters, and insisted he is not injured. "I just took a little hit, came out and took a breather," Powell said. "Came in and everything is good."

Goodson may be out for a while -- he had to be helped off the field after going down in the fourth quarter.

Wide receiver Clyde Gates, who had a team-high five catches for 36 yards, injured his shoulder and had his arm in a sling after the game.

Cornerback Kyle Wilson left with a head injury, and may have a concussion.

Wide receiver Stephen Hill took a big shot from Steelers safety Troy Polamalu late in the first half, but played in the second half.

"I just got the wind knocked out of me," Hill said afterward.

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets RB Mike Goodson scheduled to MRI on knee tomorrow. Person close to Goodson told me that it doesn't look good. #nyj

Person close to Goodson? I'm not even sure what that means.  If the team comes out and says they're worried about an ACL, then I'll start being worried.  The way he was walking off the field, it certainly didn't look good, but I guess we'll know more tomorrow;  it would be a blow as he was looking lie one of the few electric players we had.  Sh*t happens, Powell and Ivory will have more touches to step up.

it looked like gates broke his wrist. not sure about gibson. doubt we see gates for the rest of the year. 

It looked like Gates' wrist, but he was in a sling in the locker room and they listed it as a shoulder. Goodon's injury didn't look bad at all when it happened, which will probably end up being the worst one, it always seems to work that way.

If Clyde Gates is injured and never appears in an NFL game again, does anyone care? Kind of like a tree falling in the forest with nobody around. It does make a sound, but who gives a sh*te?

Normally no, but him being out means more snaps for someone who doesn't even deserve to be on an active roster, so yes, his injury will be felt.  Additionally, with Goodson likely now out for the season, we just lost our two kick returners, which isn't the worst thing in the world as kick-offs are a joke anyways.  

. It's the 6th week of the season and not a single team in the entirety of the national football league thinks he's capable of helping their team out. He's physically spent, wish it weren't so because I actually really liked the guy, but he's no longer capable of playing in this league at a high level. Plus, I think he may be in some legal trouble as well.

yep I agree no other team should be looking at Braylon because no other team is as horrid at the position as we are.

Dude, I like Bray as much as the next guy and wanted the Jets to bring him in to compete for a roster spot in the off season which of course they did. The fact that they kept Clyde Gates over him says all you need to know about Bray. Let me repeat - Clyde Gates. Bray is done, and the only team that showed any interest in him -  the WR starved Jets - cut him early. What else do you really need to know that he is cooked? 

Archived