Gates-Goodson injuries?

joewilly12

Dude, I like Bray as much as the next guy and wanted the Jets to bring him in to compete for a roster spot in the off season which of course they did. The fact that they kept Clyde Gates over him says all you need to know about Bray. Let me repeat - Clyde Gates. Bray is done, and the only team that showed any interest in him -  the WR starved Jets - cut him early. What else do you really need to know that he is cooked? 

the only thing that kept Clyde Gates here over Braylon was that we let Joe McKnight go and needed a returner something Braylon can not do. Braylon on one leg is better than Gates will ever be in this league and FWIW Gates sucks as KOR as well

I think that Braylon-desires satiate delusions that "if we'd only do [this one thing]" then we'd cease to be as bad as we really are.  And they are delusions.

The team is in rebuilding mode.  That we got away with a couple of wins (one of them a gift from Tampa) doesn't change that.  I like seeing the team win, and root for them to win every week (except maybe the last game of the season if we're only playing for a draft pick) but anyone who thought we had realistic shots of a superbowl or doing damage in the playoffs - even if we got there by some chance - are and were kidding themselves.  A slow & cuckoo Braylon Edwards, who has no future with the team anyway, is going to change nothing.

This is a team with a solid-enough front 7 (though still a man short), and all of the guys in the secondary - the ones playing right now - suck.  Cromartie, I don't know.  It may be poor play due to his injury, it may be that something else is going on, but whatever it is he's terrible this year.  Wilson has never lived up to his draft pick.  Milliner got beat, got benched, and then got injured.  Useless to date, though that should obviously change.  Our safeties are comprised of one stop-gap guy while we were bargain-hunting and any number of low draft picks (and undrafted scrubs), also while we were biding our time until we had some more draft picks and cap space.  The other Landry wasn't going to make our pass defense any better either, not to mention he's injured to boot.  I would have been ok with bringing him back, but I'm also ok with not re-signing him for $6M/year.  We got lucky with his health last year and it was unrealistic to expect that to be repeated.  Take the free draft pick, save the cap space for a bigger difference-maker who can stay healthy, and move on.

On offense, our raw, rookie QB has lost games for us and that is to be expected.  He'll either show signs of improvement from beginning of the season to December or he won't.  If he does, then great.  We have a QB - signed for DIRT-cheap for 3 more years - and can use valuable high pick(s) elsewhere.  If not, it sucks, but better to know it than live in denial like the team did with Sanchez.  There are 10 more games to see how he improves.  He definitely needs better receivers, but open receivers are open receivers.  If the QB doesn't see when they're open, or doesn't hit them when he does, then changing the receivers isn't going to fix the passing game all that much (even over this sorry crew).  Despite some inconsistent play sometimes, I do like our OL overall.  Brick makes $5M too much for his production IMO, where he's gotten beat 1-on-1 multiple times already in 1/3 of a season, but we're not going to have cap problems for the next couple of seasons even with him being overpaid. 

Braylon Edwards, lol.

Just enjoy a season with no pressure on ourselves, with delusions that we're pissing away some great opportunity here.  We're not.  

the only thing that kept Clyde Gates here over Braylon was that we let Joe McKnight go and needed a returner something Braylon can not do. Braylon on one leg is better than Gates will ever be in this league and FWIW Gates sucks as KOR as well

They also kept Spadola and I believe Obamwhatever his name was over him on the final roster. The point is if he had anything at all left as a receiver he would have been on the final roster or by week 2 (salary not guaranteed) instead of all the JV level talent that has been on the team.

What about a Joe McKnight return?

I'd say it's possible.  Need a KR and he's a similar type of player to Goodson (though not as good or quick/fast in tight quarters). He was plenty good as a KR and realistically can line up at WR some.  If his height-weight is still 6'0"/190 lbs, truthfully he's built a lot more like like a WR than a RB anyway.  He also doesn't have a nose for the hole & doesn't seem to have that "it" quickness on his first cut to run behind the line.  And IMO if he can catch wobbly kickoffs then he can catch spirals (if his head is in the game).  We don't really need a 3rd down back even with Goodson out, as Powell & Ivory can both catch and run.

There are those other problems with him, though.  He sucks, is stupid, and may be totally mental in general. 

I'd say it's possible.  Need a KR and he's a similar type of player to Goodson (though not as good or quick/fast in tight quarters). He was plenty good as a KR and realistically can line up at WR some.  If his height-weight is still 6'0"/190 lbs, truthfully he's built a lot more like like a WR than a RB anyway.  He also doesn't have a nose for the hole & doesn't seem to have that "it" quickness on his first cut to run behind the line.  And IMO if he can catch wobbly kickoffs then he can catch spirals (if his head is in the game).  We don't really need a 3rd down back even with Goodson out, as Powell & Ivory can both catch and run.

There are those other problems with him, though.  He sucks, is stupid, and may be totally mental in general. 

If this is a rebuild/throw away year, why bother having that cancer on the team?

MRI Shows that I Tore My MCL and ACL yesterday..... Not to happy right now But Everything Happens for a reason! #LetGoAndLetGod

Confirmed thanks. I posted the initial injury last night and some felt the need to mock. They can eat crow and my ass for that matter today.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jets RB Mike Goodson tweeted that he tore his ACL and MCL. Rough season over.

Confirmed thanks. I posted the initial injury last night and some felt the need to mock. They can eat crow and my ass for that matter today.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jets RB Mike Goodson tweeted that he tore his ACL and MCL. Rough season over.

The fact that you are honestly gloating about being correct in relations to the season ending injury of one of our most electric players is childish. Those people who were "mocking you" were simply stating that the report was within hours after the injury and the only reliable source was some website owning hack who wants attention, not exactly Adam Schefter. It's a pretty terrible blow to our talent-deplete offense, you think you'd be more solemn and less boastful. 

He's at work. He's wired into everything Twitter,Sirius anything NFL related. So you don't have any info just trolling?

I was simply asking you a question.  I'll go ask my source, he's about as real as yours.  (Now THAT was trolling)

Archived