What to do with Cro?

DRJETS

The Jets having the worst safeties combo in the league is not enough.  The Jets also has to put up with the worst CB in the league. Last week I opened a thread about Pro FF having Cro ranked #97 out of 104 CB.  Yesterday was a clear example of how teams are approaching the Jets' defense.   Cro covered both Brown and Sanders and each time Ben went against Cro, resulting in big plays every single times (except when Brown dropped the TD  in the end zone and Cro celebrated his great play).  Aside from a mercy injury, what can the Jets do with Cro? 

Cro is Cro.  He's always been the same kind of player.  He gets burned or he makes big plays.  But now he's no longer making big plays.  What can you do ?  The Jets are stuck with this bad combo of corners.  They have some first round picks who haven't exactly lived up to the hype. Wilson never will.  Who knows if the new kid will. So far he's been a bust.

Cro is bad mainly because of the safeties. What about moving him to safety and starting Wilson and Walls at CB?

Cro is bad mainly because of Cro.

And Cro can't play safety because you have to tackle at that position.  And did you say start Kyle Wilson at CB? 

yesterday was an example of Cro being injured. he's never that slow. and what do you do with him? you hope he gets healthy and gets back to how he was. Milliner hasn't seen action in weeks, Wilson is probably concussed and otherwise horrendous, Walls is a rookie, and Trufant and Lankster round out the CBs. which of those other studs do you want covering top WRs?

Cro is Cro.  He's always been the same kind of player.  He gets burned or he makes big plays.  But now he's no longer making big plays.  What can you do ?  The Jets are stuck with this bad combo of corners.  They have some first round picks who haven't exactly lived up to the hype. Wilson never will.  Who knows if the new kid will. So far he's been a bust.

I disagree with you.  Cro has been a serviceable CB even at his worst in the past.  This year every single times thrown to him QB complete their passes.  It is almost an automatic PI or a catch.  With Cro's money, I really hope Idzik go after Safety Jairus Byrd and CB Vontae Davis.

Oh good, the 15 different Cro threads you have already started clearly weren't enough.

Last I heard this is still a free country.  I don't know for how long when the Gov finally control every aspect of our life but for now it is still free. 

Last I heard this is still a free country.  I don't know for how long when the Gov finally control every aspect of our life but for now it is still free. 

Ok, and what is your point, considering that has nothing to do with what I said?  Not to mention, this is a privately owned website, so your "argument" has absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Besides, even by your logic, I'm just as free to point out your incessant whining as you are to incessantly whine.

He was bad yesterday.  The Steelers went after him, and he lost a lot of matchups from what I saw.  He had a hyperextened knee though, and that's not insignficant.  Last year, he played pretty damn well so I think he'll rebound.  He isn't as good as he was at his best last year, and he isn't bad as he looked yesterday. He's somewhere in between.

We all knew we would miss Revis so this shouldn't come as a surprise...  In the meantime, let's hope Miliner can play soon.  Wilson is pretty awful out there. Trufant is strictly a nickle or dime cover guy.  Walls has some potential, and I think he will improve enough to be a servicable starter by the end of the year if Miliner is a bust (which I don't think he will be.) 

I disagree with you.  Cro has been a serviceable CB even at his worst in the past.  This year every single times thrown to him QB complete their passes.  It is almost an automatic PI or a catch.  With Cro's money, I really hope Idzik go after Safety Jairus Byrd and CB Vontae Davis.

Oh he has been a a good CB, but he has been burned or run over at times.   Last year he played well, but he's not Revis and he will never be that type of player.   And maybe it's due to injury, but when you get burned now and again,  making big plays usually makes up for that.  This season he's getting burned and not making plays.  That becomes a huge problem.  And at his salary, it's even worse.

Oh he has been a a good CB, but he has been burned or run over at times.   Last year he played well, but he's not Revis and he will never be that type of player.   And maybe it's due to injury, but when you get burned now and again,  making big plays usually makes up for that.  This season he's getting burned and not making plays.  That becomes a huge problem.  And at his salary, it's even worse.

This season he's getting burned and not making plays.  That becomes a huge problem.  And at his salary, it's even worse.

This sums it up well nice and sweet.

The Jets having the worst safeties combo in the league is not enough.  The Jets also has to put up with the worst CB in the league. Last week I opened a thread about Pro FF having Cro ranked #97 out of 104 CB.  Yesterday was a clear example of how teams are approaching the Jets' defense.   Cro covered both Brown and Sanders and each time Ben went against Cro, resulting in big plays every single times (except when Brown dropped the TD  in the end zone and Cro celebrated his great play).  Aside from a mercy injury, what can the Jets do with Cro?

That ship sailed, Idzik screwed the pooch not trading him before the season when his trade value was at an all time high, could have sent him to Oakland, Detroit, Atlanta, among others for a 1st rounder, and then taken TB's 2014 1st for Revis, boy would we be laughing now regardless of how bad we end up finishing!

Archived