Jets sign Josh Cribbs

usbobsled

Jets | Miguel Maysonet signs

Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:07:06 -0700

The New York Jets signed free-agent RB Miguel Maysonet (Chargers) to the practice squad.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2hoQJNYj0

#pagingjoewilly

It's a good signing provided his legs check out; it's clear we had interest in him back in training camp, but the fact that it's taken two months and a rash of injuries to get him on the roster, I don't anticipate too much from him.  News of Gates having a multi-week injury will be coming out soon most likely.

#pagingjoewilly

It's a good signing provided his legs check out; it's clear we had interest in him back in training camp, but the fact that it's taken two months and a rash of injuries to get him on the roster, I don't anticipate too much from him.  News of Gates having a multi-week injury will be coming out soon most likely.

Got it.

Clyde Gates was terrible he did nothing for this team.

Jets | Joshua Cribbs joining team

Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:31:14 -0700

The New York Jets are signing free-agent WR Joshua Cribbs (Raiders) to an undisclosed deal Tuesday, Oct. 15.

FANTASY TIP: Cribbs' fantasy value will likely be minimal with Santonio Holmes (hamstring) still out of the picture for at least another week. Ignore Cribbs for now.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2hoYjryZI

Joewilly's excitement is a bit naive, but with that being said OMFGUGUYSTHISISAWESOMEHE WAS ONTEH LEAGUE AS A GUESTSTART!!!! 

Cribbs playing at 50% his past ability level should give us an average kick returner. Good enough in a meaningless season. 

Joewilly's excitement is a bit naive, but with that being said OMFGUGUYSTHISISAWESOMEHE WAS ONTEH LEAGUE AS A GUESTSTART!!!! 

Cribbs playing at 50% his past ability level should give us an average kick returner. Good enough in a meaningless season. 

Tired of seeing Clyde do nothing Gates returning kicks here. Sure the league has changed with the new kick off rule but at least Cribbs gives us a better chance than Gates after all field position is key. 

But you know it all and only what you feel is best is good for the Jets what is anyone else doing posting here while we have you.

So, my thread got merged with this - but we also signed Maysonet to the practice squad, anyone know anything about him? Other than that he's bounced around a bit on p-squad's?

I know OF HIM.  He was on Hofstra and had to transfer.  Small kid and I think his chances got killed because he did not time well. Has a lot of yards, but I there isn't much room for 190 lb guys that aren't home run threats.  He's put on some weight since then and at 210 is about average in our group. He is a Wave from Riverhead - I think Thorsten and JKwaz are from out there and might know more.  

I know OF HIM.  He was on Hofstra and had to transfer.  He ended up at Stony Brook.  Small kid and I think his chances got killed because he did not time well. Has a lot of yards, but I there isn't much room for 190 lb guys that aren't home run threats.  He's put on some weight since then and at 210 is about average in our group. He is a Wave from Riverhead - I think Thorsten and JKwaz are from out there and might know more.  

*Sorry.  This was supposed to be an edit. 

Got it.

Clyde Gates was terrible he did nothing for this team.

Wasn't busting your balls man, I just knew you were looking forward to this signing.  I was however, serious about the injury Gates. Cribbs and Salas' signing, along with the awkwardness of his injury leads me to believe it's going to be much more significant than it looked and he's out for multi-weeks.

I wonder if we'll steer clear of our 11 personnel looks and go more heavy formations; if not, David Nelson better get ready to put in some work.

The New York Jets have signed kick returner Josh Cribbs.  This 30 year old Cribbs has over 10,000 kickoff return yards in his career.  He is coming back from knee surgery and the Jets have been monitoring his progress.  Cribbs also returned punts so it will be interesting to see if he replaces Kerley in this capacity.  His career stats can be found here.

Clyde Gates got hurt against the Steelers and hasn’t been impressive this year on kickoff returns.   Mike Goodson is the Jets other kickoff returned and is out for the season.  So Cribbs will have an immediate opportunity to play.

Rich Cimini says that Cribbs could also see time in the Wildcat.

Because of his running skills, Cribbs — a former college quarterback — could contribute in the Wildcat package. That, too, was one of Goodson’s roles.

The concern with Cribbs is his health. He underwent arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus after last season, prompting some teams — including the Jets — to take a pass during the free agency period.

You can read more about

Tired of seeing Clyde do nothing Gates returning kicks here. Sure the league has changed with the new kick off rule but at least Cribbs gives us a better chance than Gates after all field position is key. 

But you know it all and only what you feel is best is good for the Jets what is anyone else doing posting here while we have you.

How do you know Cribbs gives us a better chance?

I haven't said what I think is best. I just said you seem to be clinging to the past performance level of old players... you don't rebuild by chasing after the broken MJD's and Josh Cribbs of the world.

Also, you don't suddenly get better when you have to sign 4-5 street free agents (see: washed-up veterans) due to injuries. I think your expectations that Idzik is finding guys on the street that are suddenly going to give us all sorts of weapons and improvement are absurd.

Wasn't busting your balls man, I just knew you were looking forward to this signing.  I was however, serious about the injury Gates. Cribbs and Salas' signing, along with the awkwardness of his injury leads me to believe it's going to be much more significant than it looked and he's out for multi-weeks.

I wonder if we'll steer clear of our 11 personnel looks and go more heavy formations; if not, David Nelson better get ready to put in some work.

Ok np I think David Nelson can do the job he cant be any worse than Gates.

Can we now go trade for Nicks?

what HAPPENED to the WR position anyway? I remember when WR's were valued just like any other player and position on a team. These days players like Clyde Gates is valued just as highly as a former 1st round DP, in fact maybe even higher.

It is what it is.  Sometimes I think Idziks moves are all based on luck and hope.  Hey,  lets hope this injury prone washed up or never has been player has a good year.

Great the guy had a few good years a long time ago, doesn't really do much now unless the guy has some comeback of the year type of season.  It's like when the Dolphins picked up Pennington years back.  They were desperate, hoped he had some comeback type of year, and all based on luck and hope.   He did have a comeback type of year, Dolphins had a nice run, and then they fell flat on their faces again once he returned to form as an injury prone guy who can't throw more than 5 yard passes.    

This seems to be Idziks entire philosophy.   Hope some guy has a good year and then hope that same said guy does it again and again.  The problem with lightening in a bottle type of seasons from these guys, is that they don't usually last.   So it looks good if Cribbs goes out and leads the Jets in KR and Receptions for the rest of this season.   People are happy.  The Jets might finish 8-8, but who cares, Cribbs was a great signing.   Then next year Cribbs returns to form as a past his prime guy who doesn't have it anymore.   And the Jets are back to square one.  

Lightening in a bottle only works for idiot fans or for teams who have one of those  special runs.   It's just a nice story like Pennignton was as a dolphin for a season, but it's not really a way to build a winning organization.   So far who knows, it just seems Idzik has made a lot of decisions based on luck and hope. 

Can we now go trade for Nicks?

No.

Keep next years draft picks, all of them. If we end up in a position to trade up for a QB in next year's draft, we have to do it... and any draft picks we'd use on Nicks are far more valuable to us in the form of FINALLY getting a QB, than in the form of an oft-injured WR who has never realized his potential. Nicks would be like Braylon... but more fragile.

Archived