Jets sign Josh Cribbs

usbobsled

How do people not realize these are just warm bodies to get us to next season, nobody expects them to be here past this season.

The problem with this theory is just like the Knicks Lebron James theory.    Wait...wait...and bam, damn he didn't sign, now what.   

And honestly, the Knicks are a team who had a nice run last year, but don't seem like a legit contender compared to the other teams.  

So you go that route and next year comes and wow....they still have to do the same thing because the Milliners, Ivory's, Goodsons, Garrards, etc were just not very good or one year rentals or injury prone guys who never even played.     I hate the menality of just wait till next year. It's always a work in progress.  Nobody is just going to come in next year and save the damn team.  it's the reason the jets haven't done crap for most of their existence.  Always waiting for that one savior, whether it's a coach, GM or QB.         Hell if Geno doesn't work out and they trade away the farm for a Bridgewater and he winds up being an avg QB who put up numbers in a crappy conference, then what?  Wait till the year after that?

Sometimes you need depth and to build for the future.  One year rentals is what the jets always seem to do.

Pedro, once a guy is hurt there wont be anybody on the street who is an upgrade of value. I have no mentality of just wait til next year. But I am also a realist in realizing there is nobody out there who is a savior. I am far from giving up on this season but who else did you want them to sign for the future?

I am just trying to say how Jets fans over react to every little signing. At this point in the season we are just looking for someone to possibly contribuite, I don't expect them to be here past this season.

As far as Jets always going for one year rentals that is far from the truth, they have given out many long term contracts, even if they were bad ones. This past off-season Idzik did sign a lot of injured 1 year contract guys because we didnt have any room under the cap to make a splash, he didnt mortgage the future to hope to win today. Anyone who thinks he could of done a better job is just crazy.

It is what it is.  Sometimes I think Idziks moves are all based on luck and hope.  Hey,  lets hope this injury prone washed up or never has been player has a good year.

Great the guy had a few good years a long time ago, doesn't really do much now unless the guy has some comeback of the year type of season.  It's like when the Dolphins picked up Pennington years back.  They were desperate, hoped he had some comeback type of year, and all based on luck and hope.   He did have a comeback type of year, Dolphins had a nice run, and then they fell flat on their faces again once he returned to form as an injury prone guy who can't throw more than 5 yard passes.    

This seems to be Idziks entire philosophy.   Hope some guy has a good year and then hope that same said guy does it again and again.  The problem with lightening in a bottle type of seasons from these guys, is that they don't usually last.   So it looks good if Cribbs goes out and leads the Jets in KR and Receptions for the rest of this season.   People are happy.  The Jets might finish 8-8, but who cares, Cribbs was a great signing.   Then next year Cribbs returns to form as a past his prime guy who doesn't have it anymore.   And the Jets are back to square one.  

Lightening in a bottle only works for idiot fans or for teams who have one of those  special runs.   It's just a nice story like Pennignton was as a dolphin for a season, but it's not really a way to build a winning organization.   So far who knows, it just seems Idzik has made a lot of decisions based on luck and hope. 

Who would you have preferred they sign instead?

Archived