****OFFICIAL NY JETS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill is the worst.

just imagine if the JETS would of drafted Dez Bryant instead of yellow hankie K. Wilson..   Look it up the JETS passed up on Dez to draft wilson.  I couldnt believe it, THE jets still had Revis at that time and needed a beast WR. and passed up on DEZ.

Prob. because his mom was a suspected  HO. and Wilson was from Piscataway NJ. LOL

That's what rookies look like. Geno is stones in the clutch, and has more game than Sanchez had ever shown.

They won in OT because they ran the ball down the Pats throat, got that penalty call and the rest is history.  It was obvious MM and the coaches didn't want Geno to blow that game in OT as they ran what, 12 times in a row on that last drive.    So he wasn't clutch in OT, he just handed the damn ball off.   I'm glad they won, but the way they won today is the same way the jets won with Sanchez in 2009 and 2010.    Run the ball, kick field goals, defense plays out of their mind.   It's the same team we've seen under Rex for years.  

So it's a good win, but it almost seems like the same team and same style of play.   The offense still struggles to score TDs.   It's also why this team looks bad when the defense has an off game.  I mean the Jets defense really gave up one TD today. The other TDs, one was a drive the Pats started at what, the 25 yard line, the other was a Geno pick 6.  Other than that, they held Brady to just FGs.    It's nice to see wins and I hope they keep winning, but it's almost like deja vu to me where they'll wind up 8-8 and have great weeks and off weeks.   Not sure if that's really improving, more like doing the same thing all over again with different players.

They won in OT because they ran the ball down the Pats throat, got that penalty call and the rest is history. It was obvious MM and the coaches didn't want Geno to blow that game in OT as they ran what, 12 times in a row on that last drive. So he wasn't clutch in OT, he just handed the damn ball off. I'm glad they won, but the way they won today is the same way the jets won with Sanchez in 2009 and 2010. Run the ball, kick field goals, defense plays out of their mind. It's the same team we've seen under Rex for years.

So it's a good win, but it almost seems like the same team and same style of play. The offense still struggles to score TDs. It's also why this team looks bad when the defense has an off game. I mean the Jets defense really gave up one TD today. The other TDs, one was a drive the Pats started at what, the 25 yard line, the other was a Geno pick 6. Other than that, they held Brady to just FGs. It's nice to see wins and I hope they keep winning, but it's almost like deja vu to me where they'll wind up 8-8 and have great weeks and off weeks. Not sure if that's really improving, more like doing the same thing all over again with different players.

Lmfao. You cant be serious.

We have a QB. Whether you like it or not doesnt really matter because its true. Not clutch? That pass to Hill was dead on the money yo ice the game and pats get bs PI call, which was made up for in OT.

His accuracy is great and his poise is unquestionable. If youre not feeling good about what this kid has done you wont feel good about anyone.

It's probably the worst call you'll see all year.

Text book violation of the rule which ref called immediately.

Mike Pereira said refs this week were shown instructional video on exact type play so they were looking for it.

I wasnt big on the GEON draft or Geno. but the dude sounds really smart and sound on the mic. by giving props to brady and saying he not concerned with       the one on one of beating brady. he about helping his team mates get a win.
is really impressive the way he carries him self. I really hope     we have a future and some championship runs with this Qb.

His future does look promising, because he really doesnt have no megatron weapons like some other QB's.

As a rookie QB he like a M. Jordan. making the other teamamtes better around him. and he really did have pretty good pocket presence  while still looking down the field.

Mike Pereira said refs this week were shown instructional video on exact type play so they were looking for it.

I'm not gonna poo all over the win because it was great, but that call was horrific in context.

I imagine most Jets fans would feel this way if the call were on the Jets.

I imagine most Jets fans would feel this way if the call were on the Jets.

Jet fans would be pissed just as Pat fans are now.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the validity of the penalty which was a textbook violation of the rule.

I'm not gonna poo all over the win because it was great, but that call was horrific in context.

I'd rather a ref call that play correctly and have the NFL deal with the fallout than the back-judge getting shielded by a player on Hill's TD and making a call purely on McCourty's reaction and not on what he saw.  That call was a pure educated guess and even if you think it's PI, you swallow your whistle unless you actually see it. Game should have been over.

"Context"?

So if the rook went Billy Blanks/Last Boy Scout to stop the kick any penalty would be "horrific" because of "context"?

i agree, if your talking about that TD pass to hill that was called a push off. that was the worst call soo far of the year. the DB's momentum of being out of position is what made it look like a push off. the WR just felt where the DB was, all WR do that. what a terrible terrible call that could of and should of cost the JETS the game.

I'd rather a ref call that play correctly and have the NFL deal with the fallout than the back-judge getting shielded by a player on Hill's TD and making a call purely on McCourty's reaction and not on what he saw.  That call was a pure educated guess and even if you think it's PI, you swallow your whistle unless you actually see it. Game should have been over.

Plus, the difference here is that the ref saw it immediately and threw the flag while the ball was still in the air. The ref saw a glaring violation and called it.

Jet fans would be pissed just as Pat fans are now.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the validity of the penalty which was a textbook violation of the rule.

Agreed.  Still kind of nonsense, as it had no effect on the play.

Will take it, and it was the right call, but wow.  Definitely Patriot'd the Patriots with that one.

Jesus Christ. That was a horrendous call. That's a td no question.

I agree. i was mad as hell . that was a TD all day  Sunday, Monday and thursday. the DB was out of position and is why he was     moving where he was moving . that was not a push off. that was a feel.  I went crazy over that call. i still cant   get over it . makes me wonder, heck makes me know the league  wants brady to  succeed.  without a doubt that was a call to try to create a dramatic finish for brady like the saints game. I really really do feel that way.

Agreed. Still kind of nonsense, as it had no effect on the play.

Will take it, and it was the right call, but wow. Definitely Patriot'd the Patriots with that one.

Yeah, Im not defending whether it is a good rule or not.

Im just pointing out that it was a glaring violationof a rule the refs were instructed this week to enforce.

Like you said, bout time Patriots got done in by the refs.

Im just pointing out that it was a glaring violationof a rule the refs were instructed this week to enforce.

Immediately thought of lienart/reggie bush.

The thing that really gets me about it though, is the call on Hill was bogus, fine, but KT had one a half dozen plays later where he actually extends his arms on an incompletion and it's a no call.  The same KT who won the saints game on a blatant push off. Now pats' fans get to play high and mighty and say they never get any calls, just because one finally goes against them.

Lmfao. You cant be serious.

We have a QB. Whether you like it or not doesnt really matter because its true. Not clutch? That pass to Hill was dead on the money yo ice the game and pats get bs PI call, which was made up for in OT.

His accuracy is great and his poise is unquestionable. If youre not feeling good about what this kid has done you wont feel good about anyone.

Sorry but I've got to agree with Pedro on this one Amigo. To me it was obvious that the Jets did NOT want Geno putting the ball in the air and getting a pick deep in Jets territory or worse, a pick six. He managed the drive well at the end by handing off . Of course the penalty was the determining factor in the win. Smith has shown signs from time to time but he's still a rookie and at this time just needs to manage the team. I still recall last years 2nd half when he was a disaster for WV.

Im just pointing out that it was a glaring violation of a rule the refs were instructed this week to enforce.

An obscure rule but none the less a rule. He obviously pushed #74 forward and he popped thru the line although it didn't effect the kick at all. I liked the fact that the ref called it immediately , no hesitation at all.  As others have said it's bout time a ref bites the Pats in the butt.

Sorry but I've got to agree with Pedro on this one Amigo. To me it was obvious that the Jets did NOT want Geno putting the ball in the air and getting a pick deep in Jets territory or worse, a pick six. He managed the drive well at the end by handing off . Of course the penalty was the determining factor in the win. Smith has shown signs from time to time but he's still a rookie and at this time just needs to manage the team. I still recall last years 2nd half when he was a disaster for WV.

Dont see how you can call him a "game manager" after that game. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

He played great today. If cumberland doesnt drop thst perfect pass on sideline or Steven Hill td isnt waived off and this is not even a conversation.

Just hope he keeps getting better!

Archived