****OFFICIAL NY JETS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is awesome

Rex needs to pull his weight with the defense 

Yeah, the defense gave up 20 points today. WTF is wrong with them? How many teams gave up 20 or more points this week? 1, maybe 2? Plus the offense they were facing is a bunch of nobodies... Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski.. who are those guys? Heard one of them is a UDFA.

Dont see how you can call him a "game manager" after that game. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

He played great today. If cumberland doesnt drop thst perfect pass on sideline or Steven Hill td isnt waived off and this is not even a conversation.

Just hope he keeps getting better!

His zip on the ball and ability to make all the throws make the many growing pains acceptable at this point. He shows tons of physical ability and if the mind part follows he will be a good one.

I do think our OC is the biggest difference in our passing game however.  

His zip on the ball and ability to make all the throws make the many growing pains acceptable at this point. He shows tons of physical ability and if the mind part follows he will be a good one.

I do think our OC is the biggest difference in our passing game however.

Oh I agree man! Thats why im scared if they move Rex, Marty is out and I think he is PERFECT for developing Geno.

Dont see how you can call him a "game manager" after that game. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

He played great today. If cumberland doesnt drop thst perfect pass on sideline or Steven Hill td isnt waived off and this is not even a conversation.

Just hope he keeps getting better!

He played ok today, he wasn't great.  Maybe he looked great compared to last week, but the Jets handed the ball off to Ivory 34 times,  and they held onto the ball. 

Clutch isn't handing the ball off.  Mark Sanchez could be called Clutch then back in 2009 and 2010 when the team made AFC Championship games because of their defense and running game.   Today was the old school ground and pound.    As far as the PI on Hill, it is what it is.  It was a cheap call, but I've seen crappy things like that happen all the time to many teams.   He pushed off, the refs saw it, and made the call.   Some players get away with it, some don't.   I'm not into blaming refs like most non objective fans of most teams seem to do all the time.  At the end of the day, a penalty flag could be thrown on every play.  Sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. Blaming the refs is just a weak argument.

Back to Geno, I was impressed he stayed composed after that Pick 6.  But the team won today because they rushed the ball well enough to hold onto the ball and the defense was pretty much lights out against the Pats offense in the second half.  Hell they played well in the first half.    This is the one issue I have around Rex's teams.  They seem to be a team who needs the defense to play lights out or they'll probably lose.   When your defense holds Tom Brady to 200+ yards passing and 0 TDs and gets a Pick 6 off of him,  it's a pretty damn good game.    If they don't get that Pick 6, they probably lose this game. Probably get blown out.   It was a game changer.  

He seems to be improving, but at the same time, people overreacting like he played a great game today is why most people get depressed if he winds up struggling next week against a good defense.   He did what he had to do and that's good, but the OC was a big reason this team won the game.   And it says a lot that the Coaches didn't think much of Geno throwing the ball in OT.  I mean they weren't really even in FG range and ran it up the middle.  They just got lucky because of a penalty, but they didn't even want to try a 5-6 yard pass to gain a few more yards.  That says a lot about how clutch the guy is and how clutch the coaches think he is.   You need about 10 yards to get into a safe FG range and you just run the ball up the gut 3 times.   Obviously nobody on the Jets staff thought he was clutch enough to even do that.   

He played ok today, he wasn't great. Maybe he looked great compared to last week, but the Jets handed the ball off to Ivory 34 times, and they held onto the ball.

Clutch isn't handing the ball off. Mark Sanchez could be called Clutch then back in 2009 and 2010 when the team made AFC Championship games because of their defense and running game. Today was the old school ground and pound. As far as the PI on Hill, it is what it is. It was a cheap call, but I've seen crappy things like that happen all the time to many teams. He pushed off, the refs saw it, and made the call. Some players get away with it, some don't. I'm not into blaming refs like most non objective fans of most teams seem to do all the time. At the end of the day, a penalty flag could be thrown on every play. Sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. Blaming the refs is just a weak argument.

Back to Geno, I was impressed he stayed composed after that Pick 6. But the team won today because they rushed the ball well enough to hold onto the ball and the defense was pretty much lights out against the Pats offense in the second half. Hell they played well in the first half. This is the one issue I have around Rex's teams. They seem to be a team who needs the defense to play lights out or they'll probably lose. When your defense holds Tom Brady to 200+ yards passing and 0 TDs and gets a Pick 6 off of him, it's a pretty damn good game. If they don't get that Pick 6, they probably lose this game. Probably get blown out. It was a game changer.

He seems to be improving, but at the same time, people overreacting like he played a great game today is why most people get depressed if he winds up struggling next week against a good defense. He did what he had to do and that's good, but the OC was a big reason this team won the game. And it says a lot that the Coaches didn't think much of Geno throwing the ball in OT. I mean they weren't really even in FG range and ran it up the middle. They just got lucky because of a penalty, but they didn't even want to try a 5-6 yard pass to gain a few more yards. That says a lot about how clutch the guy is and how clutch the coaches think he is. You need about 10 yards to get into a safe FG range and you just run the ball up the gut 3 times. Obviously nobody on the Jets staff thought he was clutch enough to even do that.

But isnt that on the coaches then? Geno has been somewhat clutxh for us wouldnt you say?

I agree with you that they should have attempted a pass in OT. In my opinion Geno has shown an ability to make big time throws and we saw them today. The Hill pass in the 4th and the Cumberland pass in the 4th were great passes that had sh*tty results.

I wish they trusted him more but I get why they dont because hes so young.

Archived